Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/14/2001 2:59:09 PM EDT
Shooting at 25 feet, seems i get the tightest groups using the Beretta 92FS.  I get decent groups with a Glock 17, and I'm all over the place with my Sig P228.  

Has anyone encountered the same thing?

I havent fired a P226 yet, and I'm wondering how well do you guys do using the Sig P226 compared with the 92FS?
Link Posted: 8/14/2001 3:05:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By Bush Hamster:
I get decent groups with a Glock 17,  
View Quote

I have never shot a Sig so I'm not really sure on how they shoot. However, being an owner of a few Glocks I can say this, and it hurts me to say so, as I find Glocks the best pistol around; The stock sights sucks!!!! Every single one I've had have been off. That might be the problem in longer ranges. Remember that the sight radius is shorter on pistols and therefore varies the point of aim exponentially the further you go. I would switch out the sights on the Glocks and go from there. Personally I have not done this and just learned to compensate.
Link Posted: 8/14/2001 3:09:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Yep, the stock glock sights suck.  I read somewhere that they import the guns with these sights so they can get mor import points from the ATF.  Get some trijicons.
Link Posted: 8/14/2001 3:22:40 PM EDT
[#3]
I havent fired a P226 yet, and I'm wondering how well do you guys do using the Sig P226 compared with the 92FS?
View Quote

I did better with my 226, but not much better as I was constantly distracted by brass bouncing off my head and face.

My 92FS will not group well no matter what.  There's significant play between the muzzle and slide.  I like the trigger better than the P226 though.

I shoot most consistently with my Glock 17, but my Glock 23 is more accurate than the 17 (or maybe I haven't found the proper handload for it).
Link Posted: 8/14/2001 3:54:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Well, I don't own a Glock 17 or a Beretta 92FS.  I know they are all fine weapons.  I do own a Sig P228.  I have about 4K rounds through it and I love it.  This 3-shot group was fired at 7 yds from it.  It was with cheap S&B stuff too, not some handloaded match ammo.  

Maybe the other guns fit your hands better which may explain the difference.  My P228 fits perfectly in mine.

Good luck and regards,
SOL
[IMG]www.sturmgewehr.org/images/siggroup.jpg[/IMG]
Link Posted: 8/14/2001 4:06:58 PM EDT
[#5]
When shooting slow off a bench with sandbags for support my experience is that Beretta is most accurate followed by Sig 228 and Glock last.

When shooting slow standing with two hands I would rate Sig 228 as most accurate followed by Beretta and Glock last.

When shooting close at fast speed Glock is the most accurate folled by Sig 228 and Beretta last.

All three are accurate guns but how well the gun fits your hand makes big difference.
Link Posted: 8/14/2001 4:44:04 PM EDT
[#6]
I own a sampling of all three manufacturers, and I shoot the 92FS slightly better than the 226 and any of Glock models.  Probably just the way it fits my hand.  All great guns, though.

I don't do well at all with H&K USPs.
Link Posted: 8/14/2001 4:47:05 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a 92fs centurion, my roommate has a 228.  I would have to say that my Beretta is more accurate, and my roommate would begrudgingly agree
-CK
Link Posted: 8/14/2001 7:51:06 PM EDT
[#8]
I've owned all three, .45 in sig, .40 in Berretta and sig and glock, and recently a 9mm in a berretta (G Elite model).  At the range today, at 21' can put 15 rounds of 9mm in a 5" circle (only the second time out with the gun with putting 400 rds through it total).  I personally don't like the way the Glock "feels" (but I do think it's a great gun). My buddy has a Glock 23 (old style), and he has problems with keeping consistent placement at 7 yds, which is driving him crazy (ha ha ha).  What I do know from personal experience is the all three are "bomb proof" as you can get in a semi auto.  I'm really starting to dig shooting the "cheep" 9mm, and no recoil to boot (by far the best group is with the Berretta 9mm during rapid fire)  The Sig 220 shoots better so far during slow fire at 25 and 50 yds).
Link Posted: 8/14/2001 8:10:59 PM EDT
[#9]
I shoot a Beretta 96 F.S. a 1911 Springfield Armory (45) and a G-19 Glock. I put good sights on the Glock, I shoot the Beretta a little bit better than the S.A., I don't shoot the Glock quite as well as the S.A., all though the diffs are so small I don't even think about it. All three are completely reliable but my carry gun is the Glock because it is light, idiot proof and very fast. I have no experience with Sigs but I understand the quality is exceptional.
Good luck on your choice.
Rabon...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top