Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/9/2006 7:37:29 PM EDT
I guess as a dem she is required to be all three

Governor vetoes bill to aid her in sending troops to the border
www.kpho.com/Global/story.asp?S=4611682&nav=23Ku
PHOENIX Governor Janet Napolitano vetoed a proposal today that provided 10 (m) million dollars for HER plan to send National Guard troops to the Arizona-Mexico border to help federal authorities confront illegal immigration.

Her rejection of the bill came a day after the governor signed an order that expanded the National Guard's presence at the porous border yet held off on increasing the number of troops there until funding is set aside.

Napolitano objected to the bill's requirement that she send troops to the border.

In a letter to lawmakers, Napolitano says the mandate was an unconstitutional infringement of her powers to command the National Guard.

The National Guard has assisted in anti-drug and other law enforcement efforts at the Arizona border since 1988.

The governor wants to add more troops at the border to perform support duties in an effort to give federal agents more time to catch people crossing illegally into Arizona, the nation's busiest illegal entry point.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:38:35 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
(is she insane, stupid, or corrupt?)  

yes
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:40:18 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

yes

In short, she's a democrat.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:42:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Sounds like she is taking decision making lessons from the Governor of Louisiana...
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:50:33 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Sounds like she is taking decision making lessons from the Governor of Louisiana...

Not necessarily, it is a tactic in house politics to attatch your legislation to "Agend legislation". Translation attach something they oppose strongly enough and they will tank thier own bill.  Look at what is in and attached to the bill, it will probably be a Conservative ideal.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:54:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Agreed. The old 10% poison bill. Would you drink from a glass of 90% pure water and 10% poison..
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:57:36 PM EDT
[#6]

Maybe the lawmakers just called her bluff.

Link Posted: 3/9/2006 8:03:37 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

+1

She has been proclaiming that she needs help to do something about the illegal alien crisis.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 8:05:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Arizona congressman Wednesday night predicted it. Said her bill was empty rhetoric- she had no intention to do anything. Sending NG to the border was a joke- they would not be used to actively police the border. He had called the NG and they confirmed their mission had not changed.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 8:37:52 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not necessarily, it is a tactic in house politics to attatch your legislation to "Agend legislation". Translation attach something they oppose strongly enough and they will tank thier own bill.  Look at what is in and attached to the bill, it will probably be a Conservative ideal.

Uh... No

She bluffed they called the bluff and forced her hand... meaning she was lying to begin with. She trapped herself.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 8:41:31 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Uh... No

She bluffed they called the bluff and forced her hand... meaning she was lying to begin with. She trapped herself.

She and the other dem in NM both declared a state of emergency regarding illegals to make bush look bad
the two republican govenors in TX and CA refused to follow their lead even though they have the same problems

Napolitano has NO intention of doing ANYTHING about illegals
DOESN'T SHE STILL ALLOW THEM TO GET DRIVERS LICENSES???
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 8:49:04 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

She has been proclaiming that she needs help to do something about the illegal alien crisis.

Because she wants votes for her re-election. In reality she has no intention of ever doing anything, she has fought every single fence jumper bill, butchered Prop 200, and anything she has said to the contrary has just been lip flapping.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 9:01:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Ive been out there in AZ for the last week, the article I read in this mornings paper basicly said that  she is the CINC of the NG, and will send as many troops as she wants to the border.  The representatives were attempting to limit the number of troops and the ammount of money to be spent and she was not willing to have her hands tied.

Understand that Im not from here, just TDY this last week, so my overall understanding of the issue might not be complete.

Link Posted: 3/9/2006 9:03:10 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Ive been out there in AZ for the last week, the article I read in this mornings paper basicly said that  she is the CINC of the NG, and will send as many troops as she wants to the border.  The representatives were attempting to limit the number of troops and the ammount of money to be spent and she was not willing to have her hands tied.

Understand that Im not from here, just TDY this last week, so my overall understanding of the issue might not be complete.

Which paper, you have to be careful.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 9:04:37 PM EDT
[#14]

She'll be re-elected by a wide margin anyway... just like McCain.

Link Posted: 3/9/2006 9:04:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Everything I have seen indicates that they will continue to be used ONLY as LEO support
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 9:06:27 PM EDT
[#16]
How stupid can one person be?

Unreal

HH
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 9:08:22 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Um, the one I bought at Denny's on Scottsdale Road LOL.  AZ Central or somesuch?
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 9:11:02 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Um, the one I bought at Denny's on Scottsdale Road LOL.  AZ Central or somesuch?

Scottsdale & Thomas one? I think I threw up there once.

Link Posted: 3/9/2006 9:17:03 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

The_Macallan :  do you really think she will be re-elected ?  ,     I heard that the NG was just a re-election ploy , and the guard is just "windowdressing" -i.e. they will not be used effectively ,---- are Arizona voters gonna fall for this one ?
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 9:21:26 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The_Macallan :  do you really think she will be re-elected ?  ,     I heard that the NG was just a re-election ploy , and the guard is just "windowdressing" -i.e. they will not be used effectively ,---- are Arizona voters gonna fall for this one ?

See why we are fed up with Californians moving here?
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 9:24:23 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

yes

In short, she's a democrat.

+1
Say one thing. do another!
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 9:28:25 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

See why we are fed up with Californians moving here?

MudBug ,  i know of this , as i went to ASU , and got some hard looks from natives - cus of my Illinois liscense plates ,  i understand , people are pissed at SHT head commies from NY, CA. NJ , IL -- movin there and trying to make AZ "feel like home"
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 9:37:37 PM EDT
[#23]
all 3
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 10:33:04 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The_Macallan :  do you really think she will be re-elected ?

Absolutely.

Sad to say no conservative will run much less win against her. Too many Californistan and Mexifornia immigrants have moved in lately to consider this a "conservative" state anymore. Texas will be next to fall.

Quoted:
I heard that the NG was just a re-election ploy , and the guard is just "windowdressing" -i.e. they will not be used effectively ,---- are Arizona voters gonna fall for this one?

No but it won't matter.

Who's gonna beat her?
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 10:37:16 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

yes

Most of the 50 Governors just bend over for ANY FedGov that comes their way!

If I were Governor of Arizona...............I'd kick the FEDS OUT!.......and take over the border!!!

All the $ it took to guard the border I'd hold back from the FEDS!!!

It's the "united" STATES!.......Remember!......not the Federal Union of Subservient States!

Besides........the Chicks can't make the tough decisions anyway!
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 10:38:19 AM EDT
[#26]
She is a Kerry Democrat.  She has now been on both sides of the issue.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top