Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/9/2006 7:18:44 PM EDT
So in front of my house today, the cops decided to set up a speed trap.  They had about 3 motorcycle cops and another 2 or so patrol cars there.  They were basically pulling anyone over who went over the 35mph limit on my 4 lane divided median straight road.  WAY TO STOP CRIME IN ITS TRACKS GUYS!!!

Not 100 yards down the street and around the corner is a pedestrian cross walk.  Every day I have to cross it on my way to campus.  EVERY FUCKING DAY i almost get run over by some asshole who runs the light.  I dont mean just creeping through, but RUNS THE FUCKING LIGHT AT FULL SPEED.  There is an elementary school on the other side of that road as well.  I have NEVER once seen a cop enforcing this cross walk.

At EVERY fucking intersection in this city, people stop on green.  When traffic backs up, they just creep into the intersection like there is no cross traffic.  When the light changes, they are holding up the cross traffic, thus contributing to the already terrible traffic in the city.  Do the cops enforce the "no stopping in an intersection" law?  FUCK NO!! That'd be too much work!

WHAT THE FUCK!!!! Why do cops not enforce the traffic laws that actually MAKE A FUCKING DIFFERENCE in how traffic flows?  Why not pull over agressive drivers?  Why not pul over tailgaters?  Becuase it's TOO MUCH FUCKING WORK??  I'm willing to be that traffic in this city would be a LOT better if cops actually WORKED toward enforcing traffic laws that mean something.

LEO's: Why do cops concentrate so much on speeding?  Is it because it is the easiest to enforce, or am I missing something?  Why not concentrate on REAL traffic problems?

And for the record, i did NOT get nabbed by this speed trap, i'm just fed up seeing bullshit cops on a power trip busting heads that don't need to get busted, while real problems happen right around the corner with no adjustment on it.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:20:52 PM EDT
[#1]
I've found that when you are having trouble understanding something that the .gov does
Just look at it from a standpoint of "money" THEN it makes sense almost 100% of the time
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:21:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Yossarian sits back, grabs a beer, and waits for the fireworks
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:28:16 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Piccolo reaches into Yossarian's cooler for a beer, hands Yossarian a bag of popcorn.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:32:55 PM EDT
[#4]
ya, this thread is really taking off....

i figured i'd fire up a shitstorm.

and yes, i understand the $$ thing, but at the same thing, they could sit at that light and cut 6 point tickets all day long!
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:34:52 PM EDT
[#5]
so where was the "speed trap"?
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:35:27 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Piccolo reaches into Yossarian's cooler for a beer, hands Yossarian a bag of popcorn.

Pooby grabs a beer and the remote and turns up the volume. Hand me the popcorn Pic.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:37:02 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

hiding behind a parked civilian car.  the road is a 4 lane road running n/s with a 8ft unpaved median.  there is parking on the southbound side (in front of the houses)

they were pulling cars over into the parking lane, cutting them tickets, and sending them on their way.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:42:06 PM EDT
[#8]
get a sheet of plywood and some black/orange paint.  make a huge sign that says

CAUTION

SPEED TRAP AHEAD

make sure it is on your property.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:43:11 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

On some guy's check.  
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:43:45 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

hiding behind a parked civilian car.  the road is a 4 lane road running n/s with a 8ft unpaved median.  there is parking on the southbound side (in front of the houses)

they were pulling cars over into the parking lane, cutting them tickets, and sending them on their way.

So, it was just officers enforcing the speed limit in that area?  No rapid decreases of speed over a very short distance?
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:45:29 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

So, it was just officers enforcing the speed limit in that area?  No rapid decreases of speed over a very short distance?

that's right, they were taking down the criminal underworld one soccer mom at a time
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:53:48 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I've found that when you are having trouble understanding something that the .gov does
Just look at it from a standpoint of "money" THEN it makes sense almost 100% of the time Think the opposite of common sense and then only then will you see the light grasshopper

Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:56:13 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

that's right, they were taking down the criminal underworld one soccer mom at a time

So there wasn't an actual "Speed trap", just officers on scene enforing actual traffic laws.   However, they arent the laws you want to see enforced.  Have you spoken to anyone about the problems in the area?
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:57:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Cops don't wake up and decide to run a speed trap.  Some pencil pusher on the town or state level decided it would be a good idea.

Talk to your politicians before you bitch about the LEOs.

- BG
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 8:03:14 PM EDT
[#15]
usp45c takes piccolos and yossarians beer and popcorn, runs off laughing because the police are catching speeders

Link Posted: 3/9/2006 8:06:34 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Cops don't wake up and decide to run a speed trap.  Some pencil pusher on the town or state level decided it would be a good idea.

Talk to your politicians before you bitch about the LEOs.

- BG

OK.  But I want the same principle applied to lawyers.  Judges and politicians make law, not us.  

Link Posted: 3/9/2006 8:11:20 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
usp45c takes piccolos and yossarians beer and popcorn, runs off laughing because the police are catching speeders

Yossarian grabs M4A1OwnsYou's new A2 tack driver and puts one in usp45c's ass as he runs off...
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 8:15:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 8:17:05 PM EDT
[#19]
I have zylonwear  hahahah but got a beer can !!1
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 8:19:09 PM EDT
[#20]
usp45c splits beer and popcorn with paul and watch cops ticket speeders.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 8:20:04 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I have zylonwear  hahahah but got a beer can !!1

Damnit, where's my drunkenese translating software???
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 8:58:18 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So there wasn't an actual "Speed trap", just officers on scene enforing actual traffic laws.   However, they arent the laws you want to see enforced.  Have you spoken to anyone about the problems in the area?

Ya know NCpatrolAR - we may not see eye to eye on somethings, but you do know how to phrase things.
You got me seeing your way - guess there might be hope for me after all.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 9:07:57 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
usp45c splits beer and popcorn with paul and watch cops ticket speeders.

Surf returns from the store with the pizza and says, "Do you guys know that there is a speed trap in front of your house?"
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 9:08:21 PM EDT
[#24]
You know, if you clamp down on a certain area that has been problematic in the past, people get cautious, which, if they reduce thier speed, it helps have alot less other things happen too.

John
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 9:09:38 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Ya know NCpatrolAR - we may not see eye to eye on somethings, but you do know how to phrase things.

Welcome to the dark-side my young padawan........ muwhahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 9:10:21 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Yes, i have called and complained about the cross walk MANY times (usually after almost getting run over, and they have done NOTHING
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 9:13:32 PM EDT
[#27]
We pulled over a guy the other day for speeding.  Then we arrest him for two 1st degree felonies and two 2nd degree felonies....all drug related.

Guess it is true most felons are caught on traffic.  

Link Posted: 3/9/2006 9:14:07 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Welcome to the dark-side my young padawan........ muwhahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Will you teach me the power of the Blue Side of the Force?
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 9:16:06 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Will you teach me the power of the Blue Side of the Force?

All in due time...... now fetch me some Krispy Kremes      
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 9:27:36 PM EDT
[#30]
5.75/10 on the rant.

It just didnt move me that much.  Not enough use of the word "fuck" nor enough bashing of the police.

You're on the right track but you have alot of work to do.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top