Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/9/2006 6:05:51 PM EDT
Hey guys......ok here we go....I bought a Swiss K-31 rifle last week.......and like most of them it had the tag under the butt plate of the previous owner....A Peter Walter in Hergiswil Luzern Swizterland......I have found his address and was wondering  on what info do you need to mail a letter......to Swizterland besides the address..?????
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:17:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Appropriate postage?  Go the post office and they'll tell you how much you need.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:18:31 PM EDT
[#2]
You'll need some stamps and an envelope.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:21:49 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

And a pen.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:22:06 PM EDT
[#4]
You might try spelling Switzerland correctly
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:27:47 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And a pen.

Also some moisture to seal the envelope and for the stamps if there not the sticker type.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:45:50 PM EDT
[#6]
 You might want to post this question in the C&R Section. It does'nt look like your getting much
help here.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 9:28:02 PM EDT
[#7]
When you find the name tag, try this to find his address. On the Swiss rifle site they have a form letter in French and German so you can copy it .

http://tel.search.ch/index.en.html

Similar Thread on the Fal Files
http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=150672&highlight=k31
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 12:19:09 AM EDT
[#8]
A name and an address, write the letter, and put it in the addressed envelope.  Go to the post office and tell them you want to send a letter to Switzerland.  They'll handle the rest.  Oh yeah, international postage is expensive.

If all you have is a name and a hometown, you need some luck.  Hopefully the guy is a) still alive and b) still living there.  If the town is small enough, it should go through with just the name and the town for an address.  This works more often than you'd think since Switzerland is such as small place.  Otherwise, you need to find a more specific address.  I have no clue on how to do that one.

Another problem is that a lot of older Swiss don't read English.  He'll find one of his younger relatives to translate out of curiousity if he doesn't, most likely.  French or German might make it easier on him if you know either.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 12:25:28 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

And a pen.

Also some moisture to seal the envelope and for the stamps if there not the sticker type.

And some paper.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 12:49:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 1:41:55 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
i2.tinypic.com/r22ohc.jpg
Swiss reservist having a coffee in a restaurant

I see London I see France.  I see Swiss underpants.  She needs a thong though.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 1:46:00 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 5:30:05 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thongs are so out of fashion over this side of the pond

'Boypants' are in…

ANdy

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Link Posted: 3/10/2006 9:11:31 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thongs are so out of fashion over this side of the pond…

'Boypants' are in…

ANdy

They are called "Boyshorts," get with the program

They are "in" here to... I don't know any girl or woman who wears thongs anymore.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 9:17:46 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 3:18:31 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

They are called "Boyshorts," get with the program

They are "in" here to... I don't know any girl or woman who wears thongs anymore.

Id like to find out who started this and kick their ass.  You know how many hours of harmless entertainment they ruined?   What next jockstraps for women.

On the plus side, there are a couple fine girls at work who still wear thongs.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top