BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/9/2006 4:52:16 PM EDT
Principal killed while driving to school in Palm Beach County
March 09. 2006
The Associated Press
www.heraldtribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060309/APN/603090634
LOXAHATCHEE, Fla. -- The principal of Western Pines Middle School was killed while driving to school when her vehicle was hit by a pickup truck, authorities said.

A Dodge Ram apparently ran a red light colliding with Margaret "Peggy" Campbell's car about 7:30 a.m. Wednesday, according to the Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office.

The driver of the truck was identified as Cesar Mejia, 30, but authorities are trying to determine if his driver's license, issued in Mexico, is valid. Mejia and his four passenger were not injured, but were detained for alleged immigration violations, investigators said.

Campbell, 62, who lived near Jupiter, had been the principal at Western Pines since it opened in 1997. She had been an educator for 40 years.

Teachers were pulled aside in the morning and told of the news, said Area Superintendent Janis Andrews. At the start of sixth period, a brief videotaped message from Andrews informed students.

"Anyone who became a new principal, she would take under her wing and make them feel comfortable," said Ann Clark, principal at Lantana Middle School. "She was a phenomenal, phenomenal woman. Her staff and students were so lucky to have her. We're going to miss her so, so much."
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 5:02:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks like I'm first so I'll just get it out of the way.

They are just here to kill the pricipals that americans won't.

Back to reality,  That's just fucking sad.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 5:13:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Same thin g happened to a cop here last week. Drunk illegal ran a stop sign.

On the bright side, he'll go away for a long time.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 5:13:41 PM EDT
[#3]
<comments removed by Arfcom dept of common sense>
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 5:34:32 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Actually two state troopers have been hit over the past few weeks by illegals.  From what I heard, one died, and the other was seriously injured.

Bigfeet
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 5:39:53 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Unfortunately, the taxpayers get screwed paying for his keep.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 5:43:45 PM EDT
[#6]
The license was issued in Mexico?!  
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 5:44:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Palm Beach is heavily over populated with illegals.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 5:45:01 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
--snip> but authorities are trying to determine if his driver's license, issued in Mexico, is valid.<--snip

What the hell does that matter?  
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 5:45:53 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Those seem to work just fine, until the flocktards kill someone
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 5:46:26 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I'm going to use that excuse myself.

Uhhh ATF agent...yeah that fully auto M16 that I have...ummm I have a Class 3 license...it was issued to me from Mexico. That's good here to right?
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 5:48:40 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Uhhh ATF agent...yeah that fully auto M16 that I have...ummm I have a Class 3 license...it was issued to me from Mexico. That's good here to right?

Diga en espanol
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 5:53:35 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Diga en espanol

El agente de Uhhh ATF. ..yeah que completamente auto M16 que tengo. ..ummm yo tengo una Clase 3 licencia. ..it fue publicado a mí de México. ¿Eso es bueno aquí al derecho?
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 6:00:20 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Diga en espanol

El agente de Uhhh ATF. ..yeah que completamente auto M16 que tengo. ..ummm yo tengo una Clase 3 licencia. ..it fue publicado a mí de México. ¿Eso es bueno aquí al derecho?

Just be sure to have a fake ID and a card with someone else's ss number on it and you are probably good to go
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 6:02:50 PM EDT
[#14]
They kill the people that no one else will.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 5:37:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Yup, they run red lights and stop signs at over thirty miles an hour around here too
MILITARIZE THE BORDER, BUILD THE WALL ALREADY

Five immigrants face deportation in death of popular school principal
Scott Travis
South Florida Sun-Sentinel
March 10 2006
www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/palmbeach/sfl-pcampbell10mar10,0,6456250.story?coll=sfla-news-palm
Five undocumented immigrants illegals could be deported to Mexico, and one also may face jail time in the United States, as the result of a traffic accident that killed a popular Palm Beach County principal.

Carlos Mejia, 30, was driving a pickup truck north on the Bee Line Highway in The Acreage with four passengers Wednesday morning when he hit the car of Margaret "Peggy" Campbell, principal of Western Pines Middle, who was on her way to school, the Sheriff's Office said. A preliminary investigation found that Mejia, 30, ran a red light.

Mejia and his four passengers, whose names were unavailable
(illegals identities are protected from public scrutiny, just like their arrest records)
Thursday, were being held in the Krome Detention Center in Miami-Dade County awaiting deportation proceedings, officials said.

Immigration investigators are trying to determine if any of the men had been deported before from the United States, said Steve McDonald, spokesman for the Border Patrol.

If Mejia is charged and convicted for killing Campbell, he may be required to serve time in the United States before he gets deported, authorities said.

While authorities were making plans for the five men, Campbell's family members spent much of Thursday mourning and making funeral arrangements.

"The only solace we have is we believe it was an instantaneous thing," said Campbell's son, Jason Campbell. "She passed away doing exactly what she loved. She was on her way to work."

The public is invited to a service at 2 p.m. Saturday at St. John Lutheran Church, 241 Cypress Ave., Lake Park.

In lieu of flowers, her family suggested memorial donations to the Cleveland Clinic Foundation. Campbell had a heart procedure at the clinic in 1998 and had been involved in raising money for the hospital foundation, Jason Campbell said. She had planned to work for the foundation after she retired from the school district in 2008, her son said.

Jason Campbell said it was his mom's wish to have her cremated remains scattered on property that she and her husband, William Campbell, own in Ellijay, Ga.

In addition to her husband and son, she is survived by a daughter, Christie Campbell of Austin, Texas; a sister, Pat Hallengren, of Robbinsville, N.J.; and two grandchildren.

Campbell's school family also spent Thursday mourning her. Grief counselors were available for students and teachers. Many teachers and students discussed Campbell in class, said Assistant Principal Linda Scott, who is now in charge at Western Pines in The Acreage.

"It's been very difficult for our staff members, but they've just been doing an awesome job," Scott said. "There's definitely a calmness among students today."

Scott helped Campbell open Western Pines in 1997, and the two have been close friends. Scott also has a vacation home in north Georgia, and the two planned to spend time over Spring Break, sitting on rocking chairs at each others' houses, Scott said. Spring Break begins next weekend.

"Not only have I lost my boss, but I've also lost a very dear friend," Scott said.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top