Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/9/2006 4:51:51 PM EDT
Put this here so more people who know might get a chance to see it. As far as I can tell this is not addressed in AR-670 and is allowed at my Guard unit was just wondering if it's within regulation though?
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 4:54:41 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't believe that AR 670-1 says anything about the color of running shoes.

There are CSMs in the world who like the "add to" thing when it comes to sneakers though.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 4:59:15 PM EDT
[#2]
My BC is a stickler for nitpicking by the book bullshit that doesn't aid in accomplishing the mission.  Other than that, he's a decent guy.  

He has never made any mention of black running shoes with the APFU.  I don't even know that there are more than one or two types of all black running shoes, and by limiting your soldiers to that, you're probably fucking them over as far as stress injuries are concerned.  If it's about not allowing black running shoes, i don't see what that would help accomplish, either.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 5:02:45 PM EDT
[#3]
lokt,
Actually it's the opposite in my case I have  black asics that I've broken in nicely and intend to wear when I head to school to reclass. I just wanted to be sure I was within the regs. I'm bringing some my white nikes too, but hoping to not have to utilize them.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 5:34:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Just looked in 670-1, black running shoes are fine.  Worn with plain white socks with no logo.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top