Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/9/2006 2:18:43 PM EDT
I was looking at sportmans guid ammo in the current catalog and the price for wolf 7.62x39 is 90.22 per 1000 but on the web site it says 119.00 per 1000.

can I legally force the issue that it is in print and in a current catalog (spring 2006) received the catalog jan 20,2006??

I know the cost of ammo is going up but isn't there a law that says if it's in print and current ad, even if it's a mis print, the store has to honor it?
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 2:23:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Sure but the lawyer will eat up the price difference.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 2:25:21 PM EDT
[#2]
yeah, laywer up on that one.

what are your damages?
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 2:26:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Likely somewhere in the calalog fine print it says prices subject to change without notice.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 2:28:14 PM EDT
[#4]
FARKERS!

thanks fellas.

didn't buy yet, actually had it in my shopping cart 2 days ago but didn't pull the trigger because there is a fun show tomarrow and was going to test market forces and availability when I went back to it today the price was "UPdated in my cart to the higher price.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 2:29:09 PM EDT
[#5]
I guarantee the catalog says somewhere "not responsible for misprints"
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 2:31:07 PM EDT
[#6]
For a 1 or 2 week tabloid thats inside the newspaper, the stores will usually honor anything in there.  They are there to please the customer, its only for a week, etc.

A print catalogue, not so much.  Usually have disclaimers in them too.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 6:31:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Believe it or not, advertisements are often interpreted as an invitation to accept offers, that is, you offer them the suggested amount ($119) and they accept it by sending the goods. In other words, an advertisement is not necessarily an offer to sell.

For an offer to sell goods to be enforceable a stated quantity must exist. No, a box of 1000 rounds is not a stated quantity, "limit one case" is a stated quantity.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top