Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/9/2006 1:43:01 PM EDT
I was just thinking about that thread today.  

Last night, just like anyother night, I go out to feed the animals, two horses and a burro.  Each one is on a differant diet so they get locked in their stalls for dinner.  I usually feed the boss hoss first to keep an even keel in the herd, but last night he wouldn't go into his stall from the attached corral.  So, horse #2 runs into his stall and I feed him.  My horse is outside the #2 horse's stall at the gate.  I should have known he was pissed.

I opened the stall door and WHAM, a freshly shod size 1 hoof to the right side of my chest.  I retreated back into the stall and fall to my knees gasping for breath.  I recovered in about 30 seconds and grabbed a lead rope and beat the snot out of that freaking dog food on the hoof.  Well, maybe three lashes and no dinner for him.

This morning, I go into the corral and he walks up to me and drops his head.  WTF, reminds me of a few women I dated.

Mike

Link Posted: 3/9/2006 1:48:24 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I was just thinking about that thread today.  

Last night, just like anyother night, I go out to feed the animals, two horses and a burro.  Each one is on a differant diet so they get locked in their stalls for dinner.  I usually feed the boss hoss first to keep an even keel in the herd, but last night he wouldn't go into his stall from the attached corral.  So, horse #2 runs into his stall and I feed him.  My horse is outside the #2 horse's stall at the gate.  I should have known he was pissed.

I opened the stall door and WHAM, a freshly shod size 1 hoof to the right side of my chest.  I retreated back into the stall and fall to my knees gasping for breath.  I recovered in about 30 seconds and grabbed a lead rope and beat the snot out of that freaking dog food on the hoof.  Well, maybe three lashes and no dinner for him.

This morning, I go into the corral and he walks up to me and drops his head.  WTF, reminds me of a few women I dated.

Mike

Fucking aye man.

My gramps is a rancher, owns a few horses one day he was walking around a horse when the horse kicked him landed him in the hospital for a few weeks. When he came back, he beat the ever living shit out of that horse.

I remember this tale because my grandpa told me not to be afraid of this horse (I was 4) He stood right behind it and smacked it on the ass, nothing happened. Ever since that one incident, that horse is as harmless as a fly.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 1:51:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Horses are dumb as crap, it the cowboys  had ATV's they would be extinct now.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 1:55:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Ive spent alot of time around horses, and you are right, they are exactly like women. I think this is why women seem to love horses so much. In order to be a good rider you have to let the horse know who is boss. I know alot of horse people that would have critised you for hitting that horse. I think you did good, he is alot bigger than you, you aint gonna hurt him. Whenever a horse starts acting up on me they get a solid punch to the nose, usually they start acting more docile after that.

SirDrinksAlot, get your membership renewed!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top