Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/9/2006 12:22:05 PM EDT
Well, we're getting hammered pretty hard right now and the sirens went off.

I'm up there about an hour south of Tupelo.

I didn't pay it much attention until it started getting REALLY bad outside.  The tree tops were whipping around and the rain was swirling.  I thought "Shit, I should go downstairs."

So what did I do?
I grabbed my AR, my dry box with AR mags, and my pistol and ran downstairs to get in a doorway.  After a minute or so of really bad sounding stuff, it passed.  I had a vision of myself standing in front of a pile of rubble that used to be my townhouse... in my underwear... with an AR, a drybox, and a Glock... and actually smiling because I saved the guns.

... you gotta save the important stuff, ya know?
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 12:23:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Is that headed East or West?
ETA: Nice save, forget about food and toiletries, save the AR!!!
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 12:24:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Stand out on your drive way.

Thats the way we do ti here
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 12:26:23 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Is that headed East or West?
ETA: Nice save, forget about food and toiletries, save the AR!!!

Shit, it's just a tornado, someone will be along with the water and food... I don't think they'll be handing out AR's and ammo though.

Besides, I couldn't carry the MRE's, bottled water, AND the AR and ammo... I had to make a choice.

Hm... I guess that means I need to reorganize my stuff and put together a small BOB with food and water for just such a situation.  I have one in the car, but if the car gets blown away....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top