BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Posted: 3/9/2006 10:20:18 AM EDT
Looks like Bush won't have to veto anything.    Dubai port deal
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 10:25:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Fuckin' A!  I argued adnaseum with dport, vito and others about this;  I was called racist, ignorant about port operations, and a "nativist."

Well, I guess myself and the other 83% of the American "racists" and rubes won a victory!

Lesson to dport, vito and the rest of the Bush shills-never underestimate the gut instincts of the American people!

Link Posted: 3/9/2006 10:26:05 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

They were a better friend to us than we were to them.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 10:27:03 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Fuckin' A!  I argued adnaseum with dport, vito and others about this;  I was called racist, ignorant about port operations, and a "nativist."

Well, I guess myself and the other 83% of the American "racists" and rubes won a victory!

Lesson to dport, vito and the rest of the Bush shills-never underestimate the gut instincts of the American people!

So the company backs down and you claim victory? OK whatever. You still had not proven where the security threat was. As if saying it over and over made it so.

Link Posted: 3/9/2006 10:27:21 AM EDT
[#4]
They fund TERROR!!! WFT DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND?

THEY ARE PRETENDING TO LIKE US!!
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 10:28:51 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So the company backs down and you claim victory? OK whatever. You still had not proven where the security threat was. As if saying it over and over made it so.

The SECURITY THREAT is the CHOKEPOINT that they control. They can lock our ships in and keep them there while Iran shoots missles at them. Duh! If we wanted thier help, we would take it!
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 10:29:54 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Pay attention, they ain't done with this

the company said it would give up its management stake in the deal.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 10:30:23 AM EDT
[#7]

George Bush has raisins for balls.

Link Posted: 3/9/2006 10:30:34 AM EDT
[#8]
I was against the deal simply because AMERICANS CAN NOT OWN A BUISNESS IN THERE COUNTRY !!! Why should they be allowed to come to our country, take over a huge set of ports, open us up to possible terror entry points, and we are not allowed to own a fucking McDonalds or a Quicky Mart on there soil unless its partialy owned 51% by an ARAB....

Anyone who was for this deal needs to move out of the US. You truely arent an American.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 10:31:02 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The company backed down becaue when the news hit, the American people rejected the proposal.

King George and you lost this one, suck it up.

BTW the security threat?   Theocratic Muslim Arabs controlling manifests and invoices of cargo coming in to the United States is a primia facia security threat.  I know you don't get that, but MOST of us do.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 10:31:57 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Your "friends" hand off nuclear technology to Iran.
What was your personal stake in this again?
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 10:32:31 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The SECURITY THREAT is the CHOKEPOINT that they control. They can lock our ships in and keep them there while Iran shoots missles at them. Duh! If we wanted thier help, we would take it!

That is quite possibly the dumbest thing I've ever heard. What checkpoint are you talking about?

We do want their help, and get it on a regular basis.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 10:33:24 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Anyone who was for this deal needs to move out of the US. You truely arent an American.

I guess I'll do that when my contract in the Navy is up.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 10:34:51 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

BTW the security threat?   Theocratic Muslim Arabs controlling manifests and invoices of cargo coming in to the United States is a primia facia security threat.  I know you don't get that, but MOST of us do.

Hello, they control our manifests and cargo once overseas ANYWAY!

My sig line is directed to people like you.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 10:35:04 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

And Dubai backing out changes that how?
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 10:38:28 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It doesn't.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 10:40:48 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Are you as smug and arrogant in real life as you are on the internet?  You know it all, don't ya?
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 10:41:42 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Looks like a Bush win to me. The same people will now run the terminals as before (under DPW), just as a US company.   DPW gets the rest of the P&O organization. US Navy gets to keep their major port in Dubai (21 miles from Iran), US forces are still based in Dubai.

The whole controversy in Senate/Congress goes away, and the Dems, and idiot repubs can't beat up the President any more on it.

Link Posted: 3/9/2006 10:42:31 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Are you as smug and arrogant in real life as you are on the internet?  You know it all, don't ya?

I don't know it all. I just happen to know more than you in this particular instance.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 10:42:45 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh I get it!  Myself and 83% of the American public are racist and nativist!  If only we had the world acumen that you have!
What a dik!
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 10:43:43 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I was against the deal simply because AMERICANS CAN NOT OWN A BUISNESS IN THERE COUNTRY !!! Why should they be allowed to come to our country, take over a huge set of ports, open us up to possible terror entry points, and we are not allowed to own a fucking McDonalds or a Quicky Mart on there soil unless its partialy owned 51% by an ARAB....

same ratio for the Bahamas (maybe its only property though), I wonder else it is like that.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 10:43:52 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It doesn't.

Bingo.

A victory for the sheep of America.  When the media says dance, damn do you fuckers ever dance.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 10:46:27 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Looks like a Bush win to me. The same people will now run the terminals as before (under DPW), just as a US company.   DPW gets the rest of the P&O organization. US Navy gets to keep their major port in Dubai (21 miles from Iran), US forces are still based in Dubai.

The whole controversy in Senate/Congress goes away, and the Dems, and idiot repubs can't beat up the President any more on it.

Now the Dems have to go back and try to release this strategy they've been trying to release since November. Let's see if they have a "Contract with America" in them to win back the Congress. I don't think they can. It's too hard being for something. This port deal was easy, misinform the American public, repeat the same line over and over, and come out against it. That's the Dem line and has been since 1992 at least. If you can play on the fears of the public, like the Republicans want to stop Social Security or the Repubicans want to hand over our ports to Muslims, then so much the better. This also has parallels with those fear campaigns of the 90s in that the charge is simple to make; the truth, however, takes more than a sound bite to explain.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 10:47:44 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh I get it!  Myself and 83% of the American public are racist and nativist!  If only we had the world acumen that you have!
What a dik!

No most of the American public is misinformed. There are some hard core people like yourself that defy explaination except to say their only objection is racist in motivation.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 10:48:37 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It doesn't.

Bingo.

A victory for the sheep of America.  When the media says dance, damn do you fuckers ever dance.

Oh yes, we're ignorant sheep!  Only you and a small select elite really know what's good for us serfs.
Only ignorant "sheep" would ignore the money trail that goes from Bill Clinton's pockets to his library, to the bank account of Neil Bush and Robert Dole.  
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 10:51:23 AM EDT
[#25]
I don't see how them backing out would hurt us any.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 10:51:52 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What a dik!

No most of the American public is misinformed. There are some hard core people like yourself that defy explaination except to say their only objection is racist in motivation.

Oh I get it-"misinformed."  All your sophistry, hyperbole and racist accusations failed to educate anybody on this board.
You lost this one-get over the loss, and your sense of self importance.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 10:51:57 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 10:54:06 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What a dik!

Oh, you are in the majority so that makes you correct.  The majority of Americans once supported slavery too.

If you are going to hurl personal insults, at least learn to spell.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 10:54:20 AM EDT
[#29]
Hell, 50 years ago they'd of bitched about 'them darkies' getting to own property too.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 10:54:57 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Really?  How much time did you spend serving the country?
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 10:54:59 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
I don't see how them backing out would hurt us any.

It could have hurt us if the State Department under President Bush wasn't working hard to smooth things over with the UAE.

They are a valuable ally in the GWOT, and they have backed up that position as an ally on many occasions, offering us use of ports, airfields and bases.

No doubt for backing out there will be something going their way. More F-16s or something.

One more thing, the UAE has been working with the Treasury Department in identifying terrorist money. That is purely good will. They are a sovereign nation, like it or not, and they have the right to tell us to get bent. Instead, they have been aiding us. Hopefully, this extremely short-sighted ploy by Congress doesn't hurt that cooperation.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 10:56:04 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The company backed down becaue when the news hit, the American people rejected the proposal.

King George and you lost this one, suck it up.

The American people rejected it, huh?  All I ever heard was some on here and Chuckie and company.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 10:56:08 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Brilliant!

Al Quaeda and Al Jazeera will have a field day with this… 'See!  we told you! Amerikya hates all muslims'…

You've also kicked the US's best friend in the Gulf in the nuts… Sheikh Maktoum must be wondering why he bothers to take all the heat just to get treated like this.

ANdy

So true, we have just handed a good piece of propoganda to Al Jazeera on a silver platter.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 10:56:37 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Care to prove that?
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 10:56:38 AM EDT
[#35]
Something just isn't passing my salt test here on this one....

Link Posted: 3/9/2006 10:57:07 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What a dik!

No most of the American public is misinformed.....

Yes.
And don't chalk up ryann and these sheeps' being "misinformed" to ignorance.
Not a bit.  They were manipulated and told how to think.  Herded, as sheep often are.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 10:57:30 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Brilliant!

Al Quaeda and Al Jazeera will have a field day with this… 'See!  we told you! Amerikya hates all muslims'…

You've also kicked the US's best friend in the Gulf in the nuts… Sheikh Maktoum must be wondering why he bothers to take all the heat just to get treated like this.

ANdy

So what you're saying is all Arabs think alike, and they'll all be upset over this.  Accepting your logic, it's a damn good thing this failed, because according to you they're all in sync.

Poor poor Sheikh..he's probably all curled up in a fetal position right now, crying his eyes out to his 50 wives exclaiming "but I had this deal!  I gave to Katrina victims, I gave to the Clinton library, that inifidel was even on the payroll for Allah's sake!  All those business deals with the Doles, and Secretary Snow, and Neil Bush...and it comes to this!  Death to America!"
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 10:57:38 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Theocratic Muslim Arabs controlling manifests and invoices of cargo coming in to the United States is a primia facia security threat.

It's really sad & disturbing that in a post 9/11 world this self-evident truth is so hard for some Americans to comprehend.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 10:58:27 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It doesn't.

Bingo.

Oh yes, we're ignorant sheep!  Only you and a small select elite really know what's good for us serfs.
Only ignorant "sheep" would ignore the money trail that goes from Bill Clinton's pockets to his library, to the bank account of Neil Bush and Robert Dole.  

A lot of allegations from you with no real proof.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 10:59:05 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Brilliant!

ANdy

So true, we have just handed a good piece of propoganda to Al Jazeera on a silver platter.

oh yes....and Al Jazeera was such an ally in the WOT up until now!
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 10:59:20 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Theocratic Muslim Arabs controlling manifests and invoices of cargo coming in to the United States is a primia facia security threat.

It's really sad & disturbing that in a post 9/11 world this self-evident truth is so hard for some Americans to comprehend.

It's really sad and distrubing that in a modern world people don't understand that manifests and invoices are handled at both the sending and receiveing ports.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 11:00:12 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It doesn't.

Bingo.

Yup, I just made all that shit up!
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 11:00:44 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Brilliant!

ANdy

oh yes....and Al Jazeera was such an ally in the WOT up until now!

No, but you don't exactly hand your enemy a tool to beat you over the head with, which is exactly what we did.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 11:01:17 AM EDT
[#44]
Of course, now there is a major US based Terminal operator, thats really pissed off at a bunch of Senators and Congressmen.

I can see these Senators and Congressmen trying to buddy up to this new large company, and getting a big "F U", especially around election time...
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 11:02:17 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Care to prove that?

He can't. He's just repeating the line his handlers fed him.

And again he implies that I have some sort of financial stake in the deal to try to undermine my credibility. I've asked him in the past was DPW a S&P 500 company because my retirement fund, my only investment, is tied to the S&P, but he refused to answer.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 11:03:23 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's really sad and distrubing that in a modern world people don't understand that manifests and invoices are handled at both the sending and receiveing ports.

Especially since the UAE are probably the most non-religous Secular (muslim in name only)  Muslim nations out there.  
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 11:04:05 AM EDT
[#47]
Bush should now turn over the operation of these ports to a good old American firm -Halliburton.

Then sit back and watch some heads just explode.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 11:04:33 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It doesn't.

Bingo.

Yup, I just made all that shit up!

I can really believe that.  No, really, from you I can truly believe that very thing.  You sure as hell aren't offering any proof when asked.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 11:04:57 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 11:05:28 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
AND JUST A LLITTLE 'HEADS UP' FOR THE GLOBAL TRADE CHALLENGED………

IT WILL MAKE ABSOLUTE NO DIFFERENCE TO THE UNITED STATES 'PERCIEVED' SECURITY!!!!!

DWP will still run and manage major container ports in 21 locations world wide. All the containers will still come into the US having being sealed and bonded in other ports.

Nothing changed, absolutely nothing…

ANdy

Yep.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top