Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/9/2006 8:02:36 AM EDT
Link

Bunch o' links

Doesn't appear to be a Beslan type thing though.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 8:17:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Nah, with a name like "Jean Elek" I doubt it.
Disgruntled employee.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 8:26:32 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Disgruntled employee.

+1

Apparently he's been unemployed for a few years, after losing his job.  
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 8:29:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Eh, he'll surrender...
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 8:34:34 AM EDT
[#4]
BTW, France has emanated, in the last years, more and more restrictive laws about gun ownership.

There is NOTHING like CCW for self defence in France: only policemen are allowed to carry guns. Civilian MUST transport them in a closed bag and UNLOADED.

No AR15 in .223R, no any military firearm chambered in the original caliber.

After an extreme right activist tried to shoot Chirac, in 2002, with a .22 LR rifle, also .22 LR has been restricted.

The results are self-evident: restricting will NOT prevent such acts like the ones are happening in Le Mans...
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 8:41:54 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
BTW, France has emanated, in the last years, more and more restrictive laws about gun ownership.

There is NOTHING like CCW for self defence in France: only policemen are allowed to carry guns. Civilian MUST transport them in a closed bag and UNLOADED.

No AR15 in .223R, no any military firearm chambered in the original caliber.

After an extreme right activist tried to shoot Chirac, in 2002, with a .22 LR rifle, also .22 LR has been restricted.

The results are self-evident: restricting will NOT prevent such acts like the ones are happening in Le Mans...

I like the Italians!
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 9:02:27 AM EDT
[#6]
What's he got, the stick his white flag was on?
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 9:05:25 AM EDT
[#7]
France will surrender.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 9:08:17 AM EDT
[#8]
He's got under arm odor.....
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 9:09:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 9:12:30 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
French SWAT Team is stacking in "Surrender Position", wearing white uniforms as we speak!

Seriously, I hope those kids are all OK!

Seriously, I would NOT make too many jokes about GIGN operators: they are all but a "white flag" type of guys...

Link Posted: 3/9/2006 9:14:41 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
French SWAT Team is stacking in "Surrender Position", wearing white uniforms as we speak!

Seriously, I would NOT make too many jokes about GIGN operators: they are all but a "white flag" type of guys...

Do they use those guns that look real but when you pull the trigger it pops out a white flag on a stick?
Thats the plan isnt it. Scare'm with the scary looking gun, if that doesnt work THEN you can surrender.

Link Posted: 3/9/2006 9:24:28 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Do they use those guns that look real but when you pull the trigger it pops out a white flag on a stick?
Thats the plan isnt it. Scare'm with the scary looking gun, if that doesnt work THEN you can surrender.

I'm with Paolo on this.
GIGN is nobody to fuck with.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 9:31:22 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 9:35:55 AM EDT
[#14]
the french are not well liked in this country(usa) because of there policies and government ideas. GIGN (who ever the fuck these guys are) are professionals, they command respect. fance as country doesn't.  has weak military, the people are extremely rude(who really cares), they don't pull there wait in the UN. there best and most sucessful military unit is the french foreign legion. may i point out  foreign.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 11:54:11 AM EDT
[#15]
Guess what, folks.

The French hostage-taker dude SURRENDERED!

French bad guy surrenders, what a surprise!

Quoted:

France will surrender.

Everyone involved was French.  Somebody was bound to sooner or later.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 11:57:53 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Guess what, folks.

SHOCKING!
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 12:01:30 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Guess what, folks.

SHOCKING!

It is actually, one would have thought that France itself would have surrendered.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 12:13:13 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Guess what, folks.

I ro knee

Link Posted: 3/9/2006 1:41:28 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
the french are not well liked in this country(usa) because of there policies and government ideas. GIGN (who ever the fuck these guys are) are professionals, they command respect. fance as country doesn't.  has weak military, the people are extremely rude(who really cares), they don't pull there wait in the UN. there best and most sucessful military unit is the french foreign legion. may i point out  foreign.

GIGN stands for  Group de Intervention de la Gendarmerie Nationale (Group of Intervention of the National Gendarmerie... a military AND police corp).

Read here: http://www.specialoperations.com/Foreign/France/GIGN/default.htm

Notice this:

It is important to note that GIGN is widely regarded as having some of the best firearms training in the world. It is for this reason that many of the world's special operations and counterterrorist units conduct exchange programs with the GIGN.

I've been in training, in my unit and for VERY short time, with the GIS, the antiterror/special intervention unit in Italy.

The above quoted messages means that GIGN trains with other unit (and sometime ACT wearing a different uniform in order to make experience and not to involve his own govt...) such as the British 22nd rgt. SAS, the Italian GIS, the German GSG9, and so on.

Curiously they are the only one that keep in their weapon panoplia a revolver: the .357 Mag. Manhurin MR73, 4" barrel. It is an EXCELLENT french designed revolver. I'd like to have it in my vault much more (sorry, nothing personal...) than any Colt or S&W.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top