Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/9/2006 7:24:47 AM EDT
How common is this?
Especially in ladies from 25-35?  It seems like most of the women in my age bracket are on some form of prescription antipsychotic medicine.  In the last couple weeks I have had the misfortune of going out with a couple ladies who turned out to be nuts.  I am a gun owner and CHL holder and I would never allow these girls to be unsupervised around plastic picnic ware much less one of my guns.  I have found out the hard way twice now that alcohol does not react well with meds.  If they have a beer or two they go freaking nuts.  I guess this makes a good litmus test.    

Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:26:38 AM EDT
[#1]
If we are talking about my ex then i would have to say 100% common.  
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:29:00 AM EDT
[#2]
A lot.
And teenage girls also. Many more than most realize.

They are mostly all nuts and you should know that anyway. Proceed with caution.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:29:39 AM EDT
[#3]
AGNTSA
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:32:31 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
AGNTSA

huh??

I completely agree with you. It's pretty sad now a days when it's extremely rare to see an unmedicated person. Out of the last 10 or so people I've dated, all of them were on anti-depressent/anti-psychosis meds.....
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:32:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Not only women, wussie guys also that have anxiety. some people genuinely have good results w/meds. However MOST I've known have'nt.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:45:11 AM EDT
[#6]
No life skills.....no people skills.....I'm a dingbat......cant deal with anything.....been on 500 dates.....must go on meds!

Most of the problems are rooted in their past.  Consult ARFcom member Swingset for more details.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:45:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Very common.
Most girls I know at school have a scrip for anti-depressents.
It sure is tough being rich, middle class, and white.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:46:55 AM EDT
[#8]
<Post removed.  Please do not make idiotic generalizations here.  --tbk1>
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:58:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Out of all the women I know I'd say about 1 in 5 take meds.  I won't completely knock it.  There's some I know that lead very normal lives while on the meds, then go bat shit when they stop.  Then again I know a lot who are always bat shit.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 8:01:19 AM EDT
[#10]
I read somewhere recently it was around 50-60%.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 8:03:08 AM EDT
[#11]
Which helps prove my hypothesis that most women are crazy, it's just that some don't have the paperwork (scrip) to prove it yet.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 8:03:26 AM EDT
[#12]
cant deal with the ugly Pain of Life?

take a pill

doctors prescribe prozac like aspirin nowadays
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 8:03:50 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
<Removed.  --tbk1>

This is not a lady bashing thread.  please don't turn it into one.

so we are sitting in a restaurant having dinner and drinks and everything is going well and she starts to get louder and louder.  then she get's rude and obnoxious and I can tell the date has tanked ( I don’t do drama) but I think maybe she is having some personal issue so I decide to take her back to her place.  On the way home she has gone from being loud to yelling and being an ass.  When we get back to her place she wants to F…  not invite me up, have a drink etc.  F.  well I don’t do crazy so I tell her no.  She goes ape shit.  Hitting me and calling me names.  Suddenly I am the cause of every problem under the sun.  I don’t need this shit.  So I get in the truck and drive away.  Sure you might want to screw a crazy girl but I don’t need her to call the cops and tell them I raped her and there be physical evidence to back up the fact we had sex.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 8:06:40 AM EDT
[#14]
Very prevalent, especially with women.

And new polls say women now more than men are more likely to abuse recreational drugs.
They use them to help control moods & weight.

Of my group, women using prescriptions outnumber men 4 to 1.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 8:07:39 AM EDT
[#15]
RUN!
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 8:12:27 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
<Removed.  --tbk1>

+1

My ex-g/f was on anti-depressant and I'm not sure what else.  She was either on Zoloft or Paxil.  It actually made a BIG difference.  She wasnt as bitchy, didnt have as big as mood swings......but it somewhat killed her sex drive a little.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 8:14:21 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 9:18:34 AM EDT
[#18]
Soma from 1984 is here and all one needs is a Doctor's prescription.  
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 9:27:25 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:
<Removed.  --tbk1>

so we are sitting in a restaurant having dinner and drinks and everything is going well and she starts to get louder and louder.  then she get's rude and obnoxious and I can tell the date has tanked ( I don’t do drama) but I think maybe she is having some personal issue so I decide to take her back to her place.  On the way home she has gone from being loud to yelling and being an ass.  When we get back to her place she wants to F…  not invite me up, have a drink etc.  F.  well I don’t do crazy so I tell her no.  She goes ape shit.  Hitting me and calling me names.  Suddenly I am the cause of every problem under the sun.  I don’t need this shit.  So I get in the truck and drive away.  Sure you might want to screw a crazy girl but I don’t need her to call the cops and tell them I raped her and there be physical evidence to back up the fact we had sex.

smart call, but next time work a BJ, no DNA issues to worry about. Ohter than getting your dick bite off.
In all seriousness, HK you made the right call, I was joking about the BJ thing...
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 9:33:35 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:
<Removed.  --tbk1>

You really have the flashing CRAZIES APPLY HERE sign on you man!
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 9:38:36 AM EDT
[#21]
Not nearly common enough.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 11:17:02 AM EDT
[#22]
Yeah, people cannot deal with life anymore. Pathetically weak population anymore.

During WWII almost 16million joined the Armed Forces. Where you going to find them now?
Weak mentally and physically, unable to deal with anything and neither responsibility nor self-reliance are taught anymore.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 11:22:08 AM EDT
[#23]
Society diagnosis normal female behavior as depressed. In my oppinion, humans got along great for thousands of years without anti-depressamts and ridilin, why are we needind it now. We are in a society that enjoys to be medicated. I am of the belief that the healthiest person in the world could go into a doctor and something could be found wrong with them. It is all bullshit.

By the way, all but one of the girls i have dated were on some form of anti-depressants.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 11:22:59 AM EDT
[#24]

"The whole damn world is on dope."
- Mr. Hand
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 11:33:25 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Society diagnosis normal female behavior as depressed. In my oppinion, humans got along great for thousands of years without anti-depressamts and ridilin, why are we needind it now. We are in a society that enjoys to be medicated. I am of the belief that the healthiest person in the world could go into a doctor and something could be found wrong with them. It is all bullshit.

No, I could find something wrong with just about everyone. More than one thing oftentimes. That doesn't mean they all need medication. That is what is bullshit.

Fact is, people are not being brought up to deal with life or have any degree of physical or mental toughness anymore.  The generation coming up today may be one of the most unhealthy in many years and I think it is very safe to assume their quality and length of life will be less than those who came before them.

By the way, all but one of the girls i have dated were on some form of anti-depressants.

It is a frightening number though I will admit I see a distorted cross section of humanity. People who go to the doctor all the time clearly have something wrong with them.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 11:34:37 AM EDT
[#26]
I'd say it's equal between men and women.  Before my current relationship, I dated alot.  Most of the guys were on prozac from chemical depression.  I don't know one woman that is on meds for depression.  I'm not turning this into  a man/woman debate, but that's the way it is in my circle.

Prozac plays hell with a man's libido.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 11:36:29 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
If we are talking about my soon to be ex then i would have to say 100% common.  

+1.

Fixed it for me.

I have found at least 8 other guys who have had the same thing happen to them that has happened to me. In at least 7 of them, their wives all whacked out when they were 33 or 34 years old. I do not know what the age of the 8th guys wife was.

Coincidental? Maybe.

Personally I think it is long term use of birth control pills. Granted it does not affect *all* females, but that age range that I have found sure is weird.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 11:37:26 AM EDT
[#28]
My girlfriend was on anti-depressants when we first started dating. I think they put her on them when her parents got divorced (she was 15 or 16 years old at the time) and had been on them on and off through different types when we met during college. She's been off them for well over a year now, almost 2.

While she was on them:

A) She was less moody and less prone to break down into tears in very stressful situations.

B) She had very little sex drive.

I don't think she ever really needed them.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 11:39:00 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

I completely agree with you. It's pretty sad now a days when it's extremely rare to see an unmedicated person.

+1.  in fact, the only person i can think of who isn't on any medications at all is myself...
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 11:40:51 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Very common.
Most girls I know at school have a scrip for anti-depressents.
It sure is tough being rich, middle class, and white.

+a billion

They are all nuts..

Rich, middle class, and white,

yet they find an excuse to puke after every meal and cut themselves for no apparent reason.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 11:41:28 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
I'd say it's equal between men and women.  

Not even close.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 11:43:21 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'd say it's equal between men and women.  

Not even close.

+10000
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top