Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/8/2006 10:50:21 PM EDT
objectiveministries.org/creation/projectpterosaur.html

Project Pterosaur:
Phase I. Research, Preparations, & Expedition

* Secure funding. [75% complete]
   * Research possible pterosaur colony locations and plan expedition accordingly.
   * Secure necessary supplies and permits for expedition.
   * Construct components of rookery complex necessary for immediate housing and care of pterosaurs upon return. [10% complete]
   * Finalize expedition team.
   * Mount expedition.
   * Locate and return pterosaur eggs and/or mature specimens.
   * Ensure health and viability of specimens.

Phase II. Publicity & Facility Construction

* Mount extensive media campaign that will include:
         o Documentaries on respectable television networks (TBN, PAX, Inspiration Network, etc.)
         o Books aimed at different audiences (technical, autobiographical adventure, children's, etc.)
         o Magazine articles and photo spreads (Reader's Digest, Creation, etc.)
         o Guest appearances on TV news magazines and talk shows (The 700 Club, Praise the Lord, etc.)
         o A movie dramatization of the expedition (using a non-Hollywood production company such as Cloud Ten Pictures).
         o Educational merchandise tie-ins (stuffed pterosaurs, Creation Science Explorers action figures, etc.).
   * Finish rookery complex guest facilities and construct Creation Science Museum facilities.
   * Open rookery and museum to general public (rookery may be opened sooner to capitalize on media attention).

Phase III. Cultural Confrontation & Renewal

* Breed pterosaurs and establish specimen loan/donation program for Churches and schools.
   * Create Fellowship Creation Science Museum franchise/certification program.
   * Develop or attract legal defense/reconstruction expertise through Research Institute.
   * Use pterosaurs to educate public about Creation Science and expose the flaws of Evolutionism.
   * End Evolutionistic hegemony.

This is just about the funnest and more disturbing things I seen in awhile.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 10:56:16 PM EDT
[#1]
This thing is real.

This is a supurb boondoggle.  The koolaid is indeed strong.

Link Posted: 3/8/2006 10:57:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Well, if that isn't the most crackpot idea I've ever seen.  Next to gun control, that is...
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 10:57:34 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
This thing is real.

This is a supurb boondoggle.  The koolaid is indeed strong.

www-news.uchicago.edu/releases/03/pterosaur-color.jpg

the rest of the website is  a hoot.

I they really go after the children

objectiveministries.org/kidz/
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 10:58:26 PM EDT
[#4]
So is this what they teach at universities in Missouri?  
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 11:02:07 PM EDT
[#5]
oh man the images from that site are the best!

'

and my personal favorite, from their web store:
Jesus Thong!
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 11:04:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 11:13:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Que?
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 11:39:06 PM EDT
[#8]
About 10 years ago, probably more, some evangelical group had an interesting idea.  Take some TV sets and launch them via rockets into the continent of Africa.  After landing via parachutes, the TV’s would all be tuned into said evangelicals TV programs.

No mention of how the ministry would afford the $100’s+ per pound of payload, how they would withstand the heat of reentry, or how the natives would all be certain of speaking English.

And those are just some of the more obvious reasons I have so little faith in evangelists
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 12:24:10 AM EDT
[#9]
 I love these parody sites.  The sad thing is, there are actually people that think humans and dinosaurs coexisted.  It's hard impossible to totally bend reality to fit your book of fairy tales.  Most religious types just prefer to pick and choose pieces of the bible (or their holy book of choice) that make the most sense (not many pieces that match this description) and ignore the others.    

It's really amazing how all of earth's millions of types of plants, animals (including man and  DINOSAURS), bacteria, and viruses have persisted since the "creation" of the earth and remained unchanged.    

The ark must have had lots of room, and biosafety level IV containement for all those nasty viruses.  
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 8:50:16 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
 I love these parody sites.  The sad thing is, there are actually people that think humans and dinosaurs coexisted.  It's hard impossible to totally bend reality to fit your book of fairy tales.  Most religious types just prefer to pick and choose pieces of the bible (or their holy book of choice) that make the most sense (not many pieces that match this description) and ignore the others.    

It's really amazing how all of earth's millions of types of plants, animals (including man and  DINOSAURS), bacteria, and viruses have persisted since the "creation" of the earth and remained unchanged.    

The ark must have had lots of room, and biosafety level IV containement for all those nasty viruses.  

It's not a parody site.
If it is it is the biggest one I have ever seen.

Link Posted: 3/9/2006 8:52:21 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

thats not a parody site dude. That site is realy real.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 11:56:29 AM EDT
[#12]
It's definately a very well done parody, sort of like Landover Baptist Church.  
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 4:45:29 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
It's definately a very well done parody, sort of like Landover Baptist Church.  

+1

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OBJECTIVE:_Christian_Ministries
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top