Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/8/2006 5:54:35 PM EDT
I haven't noticed any economic crashes in my neighborhood lately.  Wasn't it supposed to be March 1st?
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:55:34 PM EDT
[#1]
apparently not, but i would still stay tuned.  i dont know aobut you, but gas has jumped $.20 in the past 2 weeks.... maybe not related, maybe it is
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:57:46 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
apparently not, but i would still stay tuned.  i dont know aobut you, but gas has jumped $.20 in the past 2 weeks.... maybe not related, maybe it is

It has. I noticed that today when I went to Pueblo. Fortunately, my employer was paying for the gas and the rental car.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:03:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Funny, I heard that oil prices per bbl was down due to overstock. on Fox even!
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:15:43 PM EDT
[#4]
The Iran oil bourse is later in March - the 20th I believe...
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:27:16 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
The Iran oil bourse is later in March - the 20th I believe...

Oh really? I thought it was March 1. Then, in that case, I'll bet the attack on Tehran begins on March 19th.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 4:22:35 AM EDT
[#6]
What it's about is Iran's threat to dump oil on the market and selling it in Euros per barrel instead of Dollars per barrel. There was a video of a speech to Congress by Representative Ron Paul about this floating around the net last week. Every time somone threatens to do this, we go to war with them or a coup/assasination attempt is made on them. He talks about that too. Basically, we no longer have a gold standard, and the only way to protect the value of the dollar "as if it were as GOOD AS GOLD" was to make a deal with the oil producing countries in the middle east: We'll protect your empires, you sell your oil in Dollars per Barrel.

The vid is a lot more involved than that simplification, I recommend watching it. Highly enlightening, about a 15 min. long.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 4:37:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 4:42:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks, just went and got it but you beatr me to it!
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 10:34:36 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
What it's about is Iran's threat to dump oil on the market and selling it in Euros per barrel instead of Dollars per barrel. There was a video of a speech to Congress by Representative Ron Paul about this floating around the net last week. Every time somone threatens to do this, we go to war with them or a coup/assasination attempt is made on them. He talks about that too. Basically, we no longer have a gold standard, and the only way to protect the value of the dollar "as if it were as GOOD AS GOLD" was to make a deal with the oil producing countries in the middle east: We'll protect your empires, you sell your oil in Dollars per Barrel.

The vid is a lot more involved than that simplification, I recommend watching it. Highly enlightening, about a 15 min. long.

I have noticed the price of gas going up dramatically in the last week.

Is this because of the Iran Oil Bourse?
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 2:49:33 AM EDT
[#10]
Who knows.... I herad here on the board that the Iranis are holding off on their Bourse, no info other than that to repeat/regurgitate....
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 12:36:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Thanks, Dave. . for day crew.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top