Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/8/2006 5:28:37 PM EDT
Need to get steel toe boots or sneakers for work and was wondering what is a good brand that is not too awful expensive. Something that I could get local would be better. Can't try on mail order Thanks
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:34:41 PM EDT
[#1]
i've gone through a few pairs of skechers steel toe boots...  they last a long time, but they aren't the slightest bit comfortable.

now i'm on my first pair of timberlands.  the ones i got were $79, and they're exremely comfortable.  they seem to be holding up pretty well so far too.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:36:53 PM EDT
[#2]
My Doc Martin steel-toes were $130 and it's the best money I've ever spent on footwear.  
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:38:17 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
i've gone through a few pairs of skechers steel toe boots...  they last a long time, but they aren't the slightest bit comfortable.

now i'm on my first pair of timberlands.  the ones i got were $79, and they're exremely comfortable.  they seem to be holding up pretty well so far too.

I find the Skecthers to be comfortable,better than the boots i was wearing.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:42:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Red wings.

Not cheap, but definately a good price for what you get.

I have a pair that is going on 12+ years old now. They're covered in paint, the leather is worn from never being conditioned, but the shoes are still really comfortable.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:43:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Wolverines W/ Durashock and I am Gellin

BTW this thread is useless w/out pics

Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:51:33 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Red wings.

Not cheap, but definately a good price for what you get.

+1        What are your feet worth to you? I am in my Red Wings 12 -14 hours a day. At the end of the day my feet are tired, But they don't hurt.

I have tried other boots but my feet would actually hurt at the end of the day.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:56:05 PM EDT
[#7]
+1 on the redwings. Bought a pair to roughneck in and love them. Don't work on a drilling rig anymore but still wear the boots. They are comfortable and durable. worth every penny.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:57:14 PM EDT
[#8]
overstock has cat ones for like  60 bucks.  lacross suck.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 7:29:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Bates Enforcers at Academy for around $70. They are tennis shoe light even with the steel toe and with the side zips easy to get off and on. Go to www.stompers.com and look around. I got a pair of Chippewa engineer boots for $135 shipped.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:49:21 AM EDT
[#10]
I work 12 hours shifts and I wear Redwings.  Mine go on a boot dryer every night so they last a long time.  The style I buy have a soft sole that still gets excellent wear and good traction on wet surfaces.  Let's see, $150 vs $75 = $75.  40 hours per week X 50 weeks = 2000 hours.  $75 divided by 200 hours = less that 4 cents per hour.   For 4 cents per hour I'll pay for the extra  quality and comfort.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top