Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/8/2006 1:50:39 PM EDT
I placed a small order with Bushmaster early last week. Here's what happened.

All I really needed was a $15 firing pin protrusion gauge, but I ordered a few other small items to help
make the order worth their while. My order arrived today and every thing I ordered (4 small items)
was in the box except the one item that I really needed the most, the firing pin gauge.
The items was marked as shipped on the packing list, but it was not in the box.

I called BM and spoke to a very nice phone operator, she passed me to another nice woman. I
explained the discrepancy with my order and at no time did I ever raise my voice or get upset in any
way. I was a prefect gentleman the whole time. Well, this nice woman had the nerve to apologize to
me and she said she would ship the firing pin gauge to me via 2nd day air at no charge.
How dare someone in the firearms industry take care of their customers in such a courteous
manner! The next time I need something, I'm going to call them again...that'll teach 'em!
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 1:52:29 PM EDT
[#1]

They've got a pattern of that kind of behavior, those scoundrels!

Link Posted: 3/8/2006 1:54:38 PM EDT
[#2]
just wait until you try to order an upper from them

you get it just the way you want...  
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 1:54:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Don't you let them get away with that crap!
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 1:57:15 PM EDT
[#4]
A great Maine company.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 1:57:27 PM EDT
[#5]

good to know thanks for sharing

i ordered a 40 rounder from them when i got my first ar.  that was a mistake... we live and learn
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 1:58:40 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
A great Maine company.

<----------
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 2:13:14 PM EDT
[#7]
GOOD SERVICE!?!  Those Bastards
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 2:56:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Those bastards pulled shit like that with me before, and I, being the low selt-esteemed person that I am, returned to order more.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 3:00:51 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

All I really needed was a $15 firing pin protrusion gauge, but I ordered a few other small items to help
make the order worth their while. My order arrived today and every thing I ordered (4 small items)
was in the box except the one item that I really needed the most, the firing pin gauge.

I called BM and spoke to a very nice phone operator, she passed me to another nice woman. I
explained the discrepancy with my order and at no time did I ever raise my voice or get upset in any
way. I was a prefect gentleman the whole time. Well, this nice woman had the nerve to apologize to
me and she said she would ship the firing pin gauge to me via 2nd day air at no charge.
How dare someone in the firearms industry take care of their customers in such a courteous
manner! The next time I need something, I'm going to call them again...that'll teach 'em!

how dare they!  direct tv did the same thing to me when a reciever crapped out.  they were very polite, they apologized, they got my information and had a new reciever sent out in a timely manner - at no charge to me!  the horror!
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 4:05:54 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Well hell...they did not overnight it to you???

Link Posted: 3/8/2006 4:35:49 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
just wait until you try to order an upper from them

you get it just the way you want...  

I'll have to disagree with that.  TWICE, I ordered 14.5" M4 barrels with a Phantom suppressor permanently attached.  TWICE, they failed to attach the suppressor and simply included the Phantom in my order unnattached.  

I called customer service and they said it showed clearly on my order that I had ordered the Phantom perm. attached and the CS guy offered to pay for shipping to return the parts and have them done right.  I declined and just did it myself.

They made every effort to make it right, and I applaud them for it.  The fact that it happened twice was surprising.  Everyone makes mistakes and they were more than willing to correct it.  That is why I will continue to do business with them.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 4:38:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Ahhh... not to piss on your parade, LMT really took care of me.  They sent the wrong upper, apologized, I sent it back, they sent me the correct one... all smiles here.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 4:40:35 PM EDT
[#13]
i would never let them pull that kind of shit on me! demand a backorder or something!
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 4:43:27 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I'll have to disagree with that.  TWICE, I ordered 14.5" M4 barrels with a Phantom suppressor permanently attached.  TWICE, they failed to attach the suppressor and simply included the Phantom in my order unnattached.

They got mine right the first time.  I was happy.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 4:46:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Does this mean you won't call for a boycott?

Link Posted: 3/8/2006 4:47:56 PM EDT
[#16]
yeah - fuckers....it should have been next-day morning delivery....
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 4:51:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Glad it got resolved quickly, it's always nice when companies go the extra mile to resolve issues like that.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 4:53:44 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
A great Maine company.

<----------

Stupid mainers
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 4:54:38 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

maybe a buycott
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 4:58:25 PM EDT
[#20]
Gunner1X: Funny I ordered one of those gauges also, and I didn't get mines either, a 2 minute phone calll, and another was on the way, but just had them send it regular mail because I didn't really need it right away, it was something like a Thursday, so it would be in L.A. on Monday or Tuesday regardless of whether it was 2nd day air or not.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:41:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Good service and good products. It's (supposed to be) the American way.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:45:38 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:50:12 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
i would never let them pull that kind of shit on me! demand a backorder or something!

Link Posted: 3/9/2006 5:12:48 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

maybe a buycott

good idea
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 5:24:02 AM EDT
[#25]
I bought an AR that had the crappy Mini-Y brake on it during the ban. I called them up and spoke to the tech guy for at least 20 minutes telling him of my dis-like of it and to my surprise, he agreed with everything I said. So what he ended up doing is exchanging out the entire light-weight Mini-Y barrel for a brand new heavy barrel with an AK brake for $50.00. Damn I hate Bushmaster.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 5:26:28 AM EDT
[#26]
Clearly, they are the BOTAC of the firearms industry!

Link Posted: 3/9/2006 11:55:39 AM EDT
[#27]
I once placed a large order with them, but received a rifle length gas tube instead of a carbine length. I called, got a RA and sent in the long tube. The short tube came, along with another charge receipt for $2.00.I figured they needed to cover S&H, no big deal.
Then after looking closer to the charge receipt, I realized that it was a $2.00 CREDIT for the difference in cost!! I now know my Bushmaster customer number by heart.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top