Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/8/2006 1:17:06 PM EDT
this is Live on Headline News right now......2:15 pm PST............. L.A. SWAT  has the vehicle surrounded on the 710 freeway.....suspect is htought to have kidnapped someone that led to a police chase.......
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 1:18:14 PM EDT
[#1]
And that's different from any other day in CA how?
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 1:19:08 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

They caught him.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 1:21:01 PM EDT
[#3]

the 10 freeway is the Santa Monica Freeway. 710 is the Long Beach Freeway.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 1:22:54 PM EDT
[#4]
JarheadPatriot: Man I didn't know that you can get L.A. TV broadcasts in OH.  There is nothing on any of the local L.A. stations, except a news crawler on Ch5-KTLA, that the 710(Long Beach Fwy) is shut down in both directions(N & S) due to a hostage stand-off.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 1:22:57 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They caught him.

He's still in the vehicle.......I have a feeling this is going to end in a hail of gunfire...........He's suspected of kidnapping someone on 2005.....looks like rush hour in L.A. will be messed up tonight......
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 1:25:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 1:25:41 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

They caught him.

He's still in the vehicle.......I have a feeling this is going to end in a hail of gunfire...........He's suspected of kidnapping someone on 2005.....looks like rush hour in L.A. will be messed up tonight......

what color is the towel on his head?
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 1:25:59 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
JarheadPatriot: Man I didn't know that you can get L.A. TV broadcasts in OH.  There is nothing on any of the local L.A. stations, except a news crawler on Ch5-KTLA, that the 10(Santa Monica Fwy) is shut down in both directions(east & west) due to a hostage stand-off.

It's on CNN Headline News.........and that's what's going on, not a "hostage stand off"....he apparently does not have anyone else with him.......hey, I can only repeat what I hear from these CNN goons.........but it is on Live.......and we need live feeds from CA, because OH is BORING....cows and corn, man, cows and corn.....
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 1:28:05 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

the 10 freeway is the Santa Monica Freeway. 710 is the Long Beach Freeway.

forgive me, I haven't been to CA in 15 yrs.......
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 1:33:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Wait for it... Waaaaaaaaaaaiiiit for it...

Another one bites the dust!
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 1:33:50 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
JarheadPatriot: Man I didn't know that you can get L.A. TV broadcasts in OH.  There is nothing on any of the local L.A. stations, except a news crawler on Ch5-KTLA, that the 10(Santa Monica Fwy) is shut down in both directions(east & west) due to a hostage stand-off.

It's on CNN Headline News.........and that's what's going on, not a "hostage stand off"....he apparently does not have anyone else with him.......hey, I can only repeat what I hear from these CNN goons.........but it is on Live.......and we need live feeds from CA, because OH is BORING....cows and corn, man, cows and corn.....

Sorry go the wrong freeway, it is the N & S 710 Long Beach FwY(aka Nairobi fwy)

Yeah, I guess you're right.  There is never a dull car chase etc in So. Calif.

There is live feed here, 1/3 the way down on the left side(not much going on though):
ktla.trb.com/
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 1:38:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Is this the same one that has been going on most of the day. I was watching it at about 11:15 pst on Fox.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:59:59 PM EDT
[#13]
so what happened here?...I had to go eat dinner, and the I watched "Jarhead"....
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 7:27:24 PM EDT
[#14]
http://cbs2.com/topstories/local_story_067151338.html

clock Mar 8, 2006 4:09 pm US/Pacific
Standoff Suspect Arrested; Traffic Woes Continue

(CBS) SOUTH GATE, Calif. A four-and-a-half hour standoff between police and a kidnapping suspect on the Long Beach (710) Freeway ended peacefully Wednesday afternoon, but not before snarling traffic throughout the region for most of the day.

The freeway was shut down in both directions near Imperial Highway at about 10:30 p.m., after 32-year-old Eduardo Medina’s red minivan stalled. Medina got out of the minivan just before 3 p.m. and surrendered to SWAT officers, who had surrounded the vehicle and blocked it with several armored trucks.

Medina, a gang member, was wanted in connection with a December kidnapping in Van Nuys, Los Angeles police Lt. Paul Vernon said. Medina and an 18-year-old accomplice tried to kidnap a restaurant owner’s daughter for ransom, but accidentally kidnapped the daughter’s 17-year-old friend, Vernon said.

The 18-year-old suspect was arrested in December, but Medina remained at large. Police received a tip that Medina was in Long Beach and police tried to arrest him Wednesday morning in a traffic stop.

At one point during the standoff, authorities used a robot to deliver a telephone to the suspect.

"We have some good news. It ended with the suspect giving himself up peacefully. We have a felony suspect in custody," Vernon said immediately after the suspect surrendered. "We waited him out long enough."

Vernon did not specify what convinced Medina to give up and it’s not immediately clear if Medina had a weapon.

Vernon said it was necessary to wait out the suspect, even if hundreds of motorists had to put up with the long traffic delay.

"There are no options. We can't take risks with people's lives. What if he did have a gun? It sounds easy to say storm the truck," Vernon said, "but not if you're the one storming the truck."

The California Highway Patrol reported at 3:45 p.m. that the freeway would be reopened shortly.

(© 2006 CBS Broadcasting Inc
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 7:31:13 PM EDT
[#15]
kidnapper with hispanic name............hmmm
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 9:48:13 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
kidnapper with hispanic name............hmmm

Called it! He is an illegal that has already been deported once

A man [ID'd by KFI radio as a previously deported Mexican invader with a long criminal record] wanted for kidnapping surrendered peacefully today after a four- hour standoff with police that closed one of L.A's busiest freeways.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top