Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/8/2006 12:22:29 PM EDT
"Judge a man person by their deeds and not their words."
Hillary has all along said she is not running for PotUS in 2008, but her actions speak louder than her words.
=============================================================
Clinton Says New York, but Money Hints at '08

Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton's fund-raising seems intended to scare off any potential rivals in the 2008 presidential contest

The New York Times

March 8, 2006

By RAYMOND HERNANDEZ

WASHINGTON, March 7 — Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton is locking up some of the Democratic Party's top fund-raisers, in a move that party officials and strategists say seems intended to complicate the efforts of any potential rivals in the 2008 presidential contest.

While Mrs. Clinton and her advisers insist that her only focus is winning re-election to a second term in the United States Senate in November, Democrats say that her finance team has undertaken a vigorous push to round up leading fund-raisers around the country, an effort that was underscored by a recent dinner in Washington at which former President Bill Clinton made an appearance and laid out his vision to the party's big money people.

The effort comes as Mrs. Clinton has embarked on a nationwide fund-raising spree herself, enabling her to collect cash while appearing before audiences outside New York. Democrats say her goal is to raise at least $40 million for her Senate race, money that could be used for a national run after this year's Senate re-election bid, for which she faces minor opposition.

Already, the Clinton finance team has amassed more cash than any other potential Democratic presidential candidate, $17.1 million, underscoring what many Democrats say is the tactical edge that Mrs. Clinton has going into 2008, with an experienced and well-financed campaign.

But as important, Mrs. Clinton's finance team appears determined to build such a big bank account and to develop relationships with many of the party's top fund-raisers in an effort to make it harder for potential rivals to compete in 2008, Democrats closely monitoring the Clinton camp's efforts say.

The talent that the Clinton camp is enlisting was on display at a dinner last month, when Mrs. Clinton's national fund-raising team quietly gathered to discuss political strategy at the Georgetown mansion of Elizabeth and Smith Bagley, two stalwarts of national Democratic politics.

The guest list included former Clinton White House advisers, as well as dozens of the most influential Democratic fund-raisers in the nation, including some who had worked for Senator John Kerry of Massachusetts, former Senator John Edwards of North Carolina and other Democrats who ran for president in 2004.

There was the lawyer Fred Baron, one of Mr. Edwards's top money men from Dallas; Alan Solomont, an investor in health care companies who was Mr. Kerry's New England finance chairman in 2004; and Joyce Aboussie of Missouri, who was the vice chairwoman of former Representative Richard A. Gephardt's presidential campaign.

Over glasses of wine shipped in from New York and plates of lamb and bass, the group of about 140 listened as the former president and first lady laid out their vision for the nation, without ever explicitly mentioning a presidential run in 2008, according to people who were there.

Mrs. Clinton spent about $30 million in her campaign for the Senate in 2000, when she faced strong opposition. This time, she will likely face only minimal opposition, with state Republicans struggling to unite behind a candidate to run against her.

Terry McAuliffe, the longtime fund-raiser for Bill Clinton, is said by Democrats to be taking an active role in helping introduce Mrs. Clinton and her finance team to legions of new donors and fund-raisers that he met when he was Democratic National Committee chairman in the years after Mr. Clinton left office.

"There's a whole new generation of donors who have entered politics since Bill Clinton left the White House," said one Democratic strategist. "These are people who have never given to a Clinton before."

Chris Lehane, a Democratic operative who has worked on several presidential campaigns, said the Clinton team's strategy is reminiscent of the one used by George W. Bush, who, as governor of Texas, began amassing cash and quietly assembling a team including the nation's most powerful and influential Republican fund-raisers well before the 2000 presidential election.

"He put together a financial infrastructure that laid the foundation for a presidential run and locked down the Who's Who of the Republican fund-raising community," he said. "Hillary Clinton's ability to lock up fund-raisers is not only a positive for her, but also takes away those potential assets for others."

A strategist for one of the prospective Democratic presidential candidates agreed, saying: "The Clinton campaign's strategy is to blow every other Democrat out of the water early and to focus on a general election strategy. That is why they are piling up as much money as they can now."

Indeed, one prospective Democratic rival, Senator Evan Bayh of Indiana, has $9.5 million in the bank, according to the most recent disclosure statements. And in December, Mark Warner, a former governor of Virginia who is mulling the race, raised more than $2.5 million at an event for his national political action committee, Forward Together.

Mrs. Clinton's network of fund-raisers is a varied group, from corporate executives, Hollywood figures and lawyers to political activists. They also include heavyweights like Susie Tompkins Buell of California, the multimillionaire co-founder of Esprit clothing who has donated hundreds of thousands to Democrats, and Alan Patricoff, the New York venture capitalist.

The group also includes William Daley, the brother of Chicago's mayor, Richard M. Daley, and the former chairman of Al Gore's presidential campaign; Fred Hochberg, the dean of the New School in New York; and James J. Blanchard, the former governor of Michigan. Her campaign has clearly drawn from a rallied base, including what it says are thousands of first-time donors.

Mrs. Clinton's finance team controls three fund-raising committees. By far, the most prolific is the committee that raises money for her re-election effort in New York, called Friends of Hillary. In the past five years, it has taken in $33.1 million in contributions and currently has about $17.1 million in the bank, according to the most recent finance disclosure statements. The bulk of the money has been spent on direct-mail solicitations. Money from that committee can be transferred into a presidential campaign.

The second-most prolific committee under her control is a so-called leadership committee known as Hillpac that Mrs. Clinton has used since 2001 to raise money on behalf of Democrats around the country. To date, that committee has raised $7.1 million. But it currently has about $71,000, according to records, reflecting her staff's focus on raising money for her re-election campaign. Finally, Mrs. Clinton has a state committee that raises money for candidates in New York.

In recent months, Mrs. Clinton has embarked on a fund-raising sprint around the country that her advisers have tried to orchestrate largely below the radar. Typically, her fund-raising excursions outside New York have been done under the cover of other business, such as campaigning on behalf of other Democrats. There is almost no end to the number of invitations Mrs. Clinton receives to headline events for candidates.

One pretty typical trip involved a recent swing to the West Coast. First, she traveled to Washington State, where she headlined an event that raised $500,000 for Senator Maria Cantwell, earning Mrs. Clinton good will and headlines in a swing state. Then, she headed down to San Francisco to attend a fund-raiser for her own campaign that raised $200,000 at the home of Thomas F. Steyer, a partner at a California investment firm who was a major fund-raiser for Mr. Kerry in 2004.

* Copyright 2006The New York Times Company

Link Posted: 3/8/2006 12:23:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Keep training, keep practicing, stay supplied and stay tuned...
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 12:24:43 PM EDT
[#2]
I have bought 4 guns in the last 30 days.  All of a sudden, I want to buy more.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 12:34:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Wow!  Hitlery looking to run for President?  Who'da thunk it!

-K
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 12:40:23 PM EDT
[#4]
With the conservatives going on the offensive and alienating the fence-sitters she stands a good chance of winning too.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 12:45:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Good.  We won't lose if she runs.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 12:48:48 PM EDT
[#6]
That would mean she lied to the people of New York when she said she would fulfill her obligation as their Senator.  No, say it ain't so.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 1:03:43 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
That would mean she lied to the people of New York when she said she would fulfill her obligation as their Senator.  No, say it ain't so.

I think way back then "she" wasn't thinking about it, but now with such a huge ground-swell, she's probably changed her mind and giving it some serious 2nd thoughs.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 1:09:27 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think way back then "she" wasn't thinking about it, but now with such a huge ground-swell, she's probably changed her mind and giving it some serious 2nd thoughs.

"It" was thinking about it all along, ever since bubba was in the White House.  She made the promise knowing full well that she would not keep it.  What else would you expect from a dumocrat, especially a Clintoon.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 1:12:08 PM EDT
[#9]
the hildabeast is gonna try out for the team. but not make it to the launching pad..

thats my prediction.

too much baggage. scares too many people. teddy kennedy could get more votes.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 1:15:55 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

"It" was thinking about it all along, ever since bubba was in the White House.  She made the promise knowing full well that she would not keep it.  What else would you expect from a dumocrat, especially a Clintoon.

Yeah, you're probably right, I was just trying to see the flip-side of the coin.  But I think that she would probably loose, even though the news media has not made any noises, but I believe the mainstream, every day USofA people are really concerned about Middle East terrorism.  Bill & Hillary had their chance, and they/Bill blew(no pun intended) it when they were in office.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 1:21:49 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, you're probably right, I was just trying to see the flip-side of the coin.  But I think that she would probably loose, even though the news media has not made any noises, but I believe the mainstream, every day USofA people are really concerned about Middle East terrorism.  Bill & Hillary had their chance, and they/Bill blew(no pun intended) it when they were in office.

Actually, Monica blew it, apparently several times.  Hell, she might have had both of them.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 1:23:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Get ready boys. Buy them now.

Link Posted: 3/8/2006 2:01:14 PM EDT
[#13]
I saw my first "Hillary Clinton 2008" bumper sticker today.

This town gives me the heeby jeebies.  She would win Multnomah County (Portland Oregon) by a large margin.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 2:03:27 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Keep training, keep practicing, stay supplied and stay tuned...

+1

If she runs (and I think she will) and by some god forsaken chance wins, we may have...uh...Issues, to say the least, in the very NEAR future
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 2:13:26 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I saw my first "Hillary Clinton 2008" bumper sticker today.

This town gives me the heeby jeebies.  She would win Multnomah County (Portland Oregon) by a large margin.

Moscow on the Willamette...

Trey
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 2:37:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Well knock me over with a feather!

My prediction:
First woman president (eventually)
First woman president assassinated
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 2:39:13 PM EDT
[#17]
She will absolutely run, and will absolutely lose (prob to McCain).
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 2:39:59 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
She will absolutely run, and will absolutely lose (prob to McCain).

How can two democrats run against each other for the POTUS?
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 4:35:11 PM EDT
[#19]

She will definitely run. It is her dream. I lost a lot of faith in my countrymen when her husband was elected the second time. We shall see.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 4:41:53 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
She will definitely run. It is her dream. I lost a lot of faith in my countrymen when her husband was elected the second time. We shall see.

I think the Republicans should share some of the blame for Dole's lost.  My mom who is 75 years old hit the nail on the head regarding Dole's lost to Bill Clinton, and she said that is Dole was way too old.  I am sure many people shared her sentiments.  Personally for me, I thought so too, but I had to choose the lesser of 2 evils, and that was to vote Dole.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 4:48:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Well, FN better get a move on those FN ARM rifles..................Hilldebeest will attempt ban everything down to Red Rider bb guns should she win  
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 4:49:24 PM EDT
[#22]
It would certainly be strange indeed if both Bush the older and younger so bungled things that they each handed over the White House to a Clinton. A father and son handing over the reigns of power to a husband and wife.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:00:27 PM EDT
[#23]
Bill Clinton has already said they are going to use Hillary's 2006 Senate victory as a launching block for her 2008 Presidency run.  He said by her getting re-elected it will show that she is doing a good job, that she can work with Republican's, and that everyone in the state supports her.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:03:37 PM EDT
[#24]
Hitlery for POTUS 2008

I'll take "DUH" for $200, Alex...

"What is "No shi'ite, Sherlock?"

You REALLY need to go read "The Truth About Hillary". She's a lesbian and the ONLY reason she even married a man was that she knew a lesbian, or even a single woman for that matter, would never have a shot at the Whitehouse. She doesn't care about Bill and she doesn't care if he cheats on her because they do not have and never have had a romantic relationship. Chelsea was born out of a drunken rape while Bill and Hitlery were on vacation and Bill couldn't find anything else to stick his pecker into.

If you haven't read "The Truth About Hillary" you had better get started. This IS what her whole life has been aimed toward and she will let NOTHING, not even Vince Foster, get in her way.

Edited to add: And if she doesn't win in 2008 she will be back in 2012, you can bet your axx.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:03:45 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Bill Clinton has already said they are going to use Hillary's 2006 Senate victory as a launching block for her 2008 Presidency run.  He said by her getting re-elected it will show that she is doing a good job, that she can work with Republican's, and that everyone in the state supports her.

Well one thing for sure, Clinton and the Bushes are pretty close buddies, witness the elder Bush and Bill Clinton on diplomatic trips on behalf of GWB Jr.  If Hillary does run, it would be really, really interesting.  Like everybody else, we'll just have to stay tuned to see what happens next.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:04:24 PM EDT
[#26]

"There's a whole new generation of donors who have entered politics since Bill Clinton left the White House," said one Democratic strategist. "These are people who have never given to a Clinton before."

That sums up one of the consequences of a nation of youths that have the attention span of a gnat.  A bit of Googling would turn up more than enough FACTS that having The Beast and and Bubba back for "POTUS 2.0" will lead to disaster.  That most people will only form an opinion based on LIES from the MSM and Democratic Kool-Aid drinkers, never having formed their own judgement based on their own research is why we're up to our eyeballs in shit right now.  
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:10:39 PM EDT
[#27]
HILLARY'S FIRST NIGHT AS PRESIDENT  in January 2009

Hillary Clinton gets elected President and is spending her
first night in the White House.  She has waited so long..........
The ghost of George Washington appears, and Hillary says,
"How can I best serve my country?"

Washington says, "Never tell a lie."
"Ouch!" Says Hillary, "I don't know about that."

The next night, the ghost of Thomas Jefferson appears...
Hillary says, "How can I best serve my country?"
Jefferson says,

"Listen to the people."
"Ohhh! I really don't want to do that."

On the third night, the ghost of Abe Lincoln appears...
Hillary says, "How can I best serve my country?"
Lincoln says,

"Go to the theater."      

Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:47:44 PM EDT
[#28]
The funniest thing is that the Clinton machine is just to take the anti-war lunatic left that hates her kicking and screaming into the general election, where they will all lose together.  It's going to be a double defeta for the DU-types: they're going to swallow a candidate who voted for the war and showed remarkable restraint in not parroting their moonbat talking points in exchange for campaign contributions (unlike the Democrats in Congress, Al Gore, and John Kerry), but they wont even be able to take satisfaction in beating the Rethuglicans, because Hillary's going to lose, I guarantee it. So the Dummies wont even have the martyr's satisfaction of passionately backing a candidate they love, believe in, and  "Speaks truth to power".  They'll lose in every way possible, and they'll probably blame the whole shitty situation on Karl Rove and the VRWC.  

I can't wait!
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:58:12 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

That sums up one of the consequences of a nation of youths that have the attention span of a gnat.  A bit of Googling would turn up more than enough FACTS that having The Beast and and Bubba back for "POTUS 2.0" will lead to disaster.  That most people will only form an opinion based on LIES from the MSM and Democratic Kool-Aid drinkers, never having formed their own judgement based on their own research is why we're up to our eyeballs in shit right now.  

George Soros , and Hollywood commies are a "new generation" ?  --   go over to DUNG for 30 seconds , you will see "the new generation" of democrat "donors" over there -- they think the Govt. owes them everything - for free ,  the cheapest bunch of bastards you ever did see !- maybe a new generation of Chinese Comunist Generals  needing MERV tech.- will fund HITLERY
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 7:15:53 AM EDT
[#30]
News media is prepping the sheeple in preparation for Hillary's run.
============================================================
http://www.kfwb.com/pages/13801.php?
Local News  
Posted: Friday, 10 March 2006 7:39AM

Californians Ready for Female President, Undecided About Clinton

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) - A majority of Californians say they're ready for a woman president, although New York Sen. Hillary Clinton may not necessarily be the one they would vote for, according to a new statewide poll released Friday.

The Field Poll showed that 69 percent of registered voters in the state believe the country is ready for a female president, while 24 percent disagreed. There was little difference in opinion between men and women, although Democrats (77 percent) and nonpartisan (74 percent) voters were more likely to favor a female president compared to Republicans (56 percent), and younger people were more receptive to the idea than those 65 and older.

When asked about whether they would be inclined to vote for Clinton in 2008, Californians were more evenly split, with 47 percent saying they would and 42 percent saying they would not, according to the poll.

The survey said those supportive of Clinton tend to be young, ethnic, liberal and either non-Christian or nonreligious.

If Clinton did run, 51 percent of California voters believe she would be treated more harshly than other candidates, the poll showed. Eighteen percent said she would be treated better, and 22 percent said she'd be treated equally.

Researchers interviewed 507 registered voters by telephone from Feb. 12-26 in English and Spanish. The poll has a sampling error rate of 4.5 percentage points.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 7:17:09 AM EDT
[#31]
It will make the 08 race interesting.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 7:27:34 AM EDT
[#32]
I hope all the Vince Foster stuff, the USAF C-130 stuff, and all the other crap they got away with comes back to haunt them and a group like swift vets etc just destorys her.

I would like to see the right concentrate on '06 before we worry about what may and may not happen in 08.

Link Posted: 3/10/2006 7:37:05 AM EDT
[#33]

Do it for the chillen!!
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 7:59:02 AM EDT
[#34]
We are so absolutley screwed if Hillary is elected. We've got to work to make sure that it does not happen.

Get your guns, ammo, mags, etc, as soon as you can. You won't be allowed to buy them anymore if that evil woman gets into office.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top