Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/8/2006 9:56:17 AM EDT
I want a truck gun, that is cheap to shoot.  I carry a g26 with glock 19 mags as backup so would the Kel-Tec 2K this be good because of the same mag? what do you think for 280-300?

Post edited so it can be easier to read
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 9:59:35 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm using the 33 rnd G18 mags myself for BU, (in my G17 & G19).

Even the G17 mags hold more rounds than your choice.....

Mike

Link Posted: 3/8/2006 10:02:51 AM EDT
[#2]
First thing I would recommend, and I do not mean it in an insulting fashion, is to try using punctuation in your posts.  Makes it easier for us old farts to read.

I am thinking of one of the sub-guns from Kel-Tec as well.  It would be convenient to have commonality of mags/caliber, but the downside is your truck gun would be a pistol caliber and not have much better ballistics than your handgun.  I am actually leaning towards an SKS.  Inexpensive, ugly, and functional.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 10:14:39 AM EDT
[#3]
I'll say it for the 10th time. These are really good guns for the $. I have the G22 (.40SW) model and use the 15 round Glock mags. The after market hi-caps have many reports of problems in the .40 config. I just bought three extra G22 mags at $15 each...

Issues: the front sight is cheep and looks easily damaged. BFT made a quality replacement but is currently retooling. New sights should run $70 +/-.

I mounted a Surfire G2 under the guard and have a great short carbine with good knock down power. Others are more accurate, but I can hit 6" circles at 50 yards. They should be good to 100-150 yards with good shooters.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top