Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/8/2006 8:37:56 AM EDT
First I get into a debate at work over a basic tenant policy of the job during a training session, by possing a different view of how a subjective event could be handled during a "role play" exercise. The instructor never said my view was incorrect, in fact I think he may have liked the way I would have done it, but my co-workers thought I was the asshole, because I had a slightly different idea than the "thats how we always do it" response.  Sometimes thinking outside the box enough to need the next size box, or less packing material, pisses people off.   I thought training was the place to discuss such ideas, rather than screwing something up in the real world. Not to mention my idea was how I might handle the situation, it worked for me and fit the policy, nobody had to change how they would do it, yet I'm still the asshole of the day.

Fast forward 12 hours.  I should be asleep since I work nights, but I am awake because the apartment upstairs from me is getting new carpeting and flooring.  It sounds like they are having the pet Elephant chase the pet Rhino around the rooms while they drag old washing machines on chains behind them.  It was a lovely way to wake up after an hour of sleep.

I'm waiting for the next shoe to drop today. Thanks for letting me vent.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 8:41:29 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
It sounds like they are having the pet Elephant chase the pet Rhino around the rooms while they drag old washing machines on chains behind them.

Hey - at least you cheered ME up with that awesome visual image!  

Link Posted: 3/8/2006 8:47:23 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
It sounds like they are having the pet Elephant chase the pet Rhino around the rooms while they drag old washing machines on chains behind them.

Hey - at least you cheered ME up with that awesome visual image!  

I'm glad someone finds joy in my pain.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top