BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/7/2006 4:45:03 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:46:03 PM EDT
[#1]
.........and no one cared.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:51:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Yep...starvation tends to make you think of alternatives.

That being said....

I'm thinkin' that this is too little too late.

If soldiers fight on their stomachs, starving people tend not to make very good soldiers either .
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:53:31 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

... uncovered a plot to destabilize the country ...

... You have to have a stable country before you can destabilize it
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:53:59 PM EDT
[#4]

Harare - Zimbabwe security forces have found an arms cache in the eastern city of Mutare and uncovered a plot to destabilise the country involving opposition members and army officers, state television said on Tuesday.

How in the hell can you destabalize zimbabwe?

Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:55:02 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
President Robert Mugabe recently said in Mutare that the country was still threatened by "the monster of imperialism".

That implies that someone wants that hellhole.   nobody wants that place
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:56:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Fighting in a third world country??  Noooooo.... you don't say....
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:00:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Unless thiey're being framed. The people who got busted are members of the political opposition. Mugabe has tried just about everything to maginalise them, so I wouldn't put it past him. That said, I also wouldn't be suprised to find a budding resistance movement either.

I have friends who used to live in Rhodesia. They though it was wonderful back in the day.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:03:42 PM EDT
[#8]
What a mess.  Maybe the UN will help to fix it.  Or maybe the EU?  

-K
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:09:09 PM EDT
[#9]

On Tuesday the official Herald newspaper quoted State Security Minister Didymus Mutasa as saying the recently elected leader of a faction of the MDC, Arthur Mutambara, was a CIA agent planted in Zimbabwe by United States President George Bush.

well, duh!  of course it's Bush's fault.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:16:50 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Unless thiey're being framed. The people who got busted are members of the political opposition. Mugabe has tried just about everything to maginalise them, so I wouldn't put it past him. That said, I also wouldn't be suprised to find a budding resistance movement either.

I have friends who used to live in Rhodesia. They though it was wonderful back in the day.

Exactly.  This is just scapegoating, much like Chavez and Castro love.  The big white hand is somewhere pulling all the strings, and that gives Mugabe carte blance to do whatever he likes.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:18:34 PM EDT
[#11]
When do the Haliburton controlled killer pachyderms residing in the countryside attack?
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:51:18 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Harare - Zimbabwe security forces have found an arms cache in the eastern city of Mutare and uncovered a plot to destabilise the country involving opposition members and army officers, state television said on Tuesday.

How in the hell can you destabalize zimbabwe?

Introduce a big mac in the food chain.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top