BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/7/2006 12:36:22 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 12:38:23 PM EDT
[#1]
When GW got elected, Jill about had a cow.

That is all it took

hate her with all your heart.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 12:42:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Well I guess she brought it on herself.  It's hard to have sympathy for someone that self-destructs.  Still it's a shame for her daughter to lose her mom.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 12:44:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Sounds like an easy person to really dislike. I honor your friend for 'trying' to make it work but question staying in a deeply flawed relationship for so long past the point of no return.

Moral of this story is that  there are no winners in this story. Everyone loses. Damn shame.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 12:45:06 PM EDT
[#4]

What a sad story.

The real sad part was that she put herself, and her political beliefs ahead of her family...she got horribly selfish and left everyone else out in the cold.

I just hope her husband and children can see her for what she was at the end, and move on and grow from the experience.  They deserve better than what she became.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 12:45:16 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Well I guess she brought it on herself.  It's hard to have sympathy for someone that self-destructs.  Still it's a shame for her daughter to lose her mom.

Her mom was trash

don't show any weakness, be strong. Hate!
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 12:45:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Well, that s one less liberal we have to worry about. Sounds like she should be a role model for all the other liberals out there.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 12:45:44 PM EDT
[#7]
An enemy in war can be respected, but this creature was an enemy to her own children.  
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 12:45:51 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Definately.

I dont think drugs should be illegal at the same time I dont have sympathy for people who destroy themselves.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 12:46:59 PM EDT
[#9]
She was a very self-centered selfish person.

Link Posted: 3/7/2006 12:47:06 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
....   As Murphy would have it, she died on her daughters birthday.   ......

She probably kicked it up a notch, because it was her daughters birthday.  And she had failed her miserably.  Sad.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 12:48:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Thanks for sharing that TJ. It's sad on so many levels. I suppose that this is the sort of thing that happens when you get so wrapped up in yourself that you refuse to take a reality check and see whats going on around you, and what you're doing to others. It dosn't even matter that she was a radical left-winger. She could have been an uber-paranoid tin-foil hat conspiracy theorist, and the end results probably would have been the same however, she would have had far more company as a liberal, and thus encouragement in her behaviour (almost called it psychosis, but I'm not qualified to make that judgement)
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 12:51:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Yeah, there are a boatload of lessons in that short story. These stories seem to be more prevalent as the atmosphere of todays politics causes family after family to be estranged. It's a damn shame that "Ron" and his child had to be pulled through the intolerence and selfishness that his wife and those like her are seemingly more inclined to do. Hang in there though, there was nothing you could do.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 12:51:59 PM EDT
[#13]
That is sad & unfortunate.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 12:52:00 PM EDT
[#14]
I would say she was nuts from the start, but was able to operate normally (mostly).  All it took was a little shove (GW elected) to put her over the edge.  Even a hard-core leftyshould have been able to take it, without flipping out.

I feel no remorse either.  In typical liberal fashion, she went insane and tried her best to take everyone with her.  I am Jack's complete lack of give-a-shit.

In my typical heartless consrvative/libertarian fashion I say this:  "Shit.  That sucks.  Now it's time to move on and do what is best for the rest of the family and especially the kids."

If necessary, the guy needs to find a good, conservative, non-crazy woman and put his and his kids lives back together.  (Conservative and non-crazy are NOT redundant, BTW).

That's all I have to say about that...
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 12:58:48 PM EDT
[#15]

Bad decisions are frequently followed by bad  outcomes.

You know, reaping and sowing, a common sense, Biblical principle that the Jills of the world so despise.

With liberalism, the ulitimate victim is the liberal himself.

It is sad because a daughter lost her mother.  Twice.

Link Posted: 3/7/2006 1:02:51 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Her mom was trash

Things getting slow over at DU?
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 1:03:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Provide support for your friend as I know you will. He may be better off without her, but he will still be in pain. Maybe, work out a free couple hours for a beer or something.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 1:13:09 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Her mom was trash

Must be -- iirc he's been posting crap like this all today.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 1:14:12 PM EDT
[#19]
At least she didn't get run over by a bulldozer or lose her son in Iraq or else we'd have never heard the end of her.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 1:39:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Liberals are self destructive by nature. And, I think they project their self destruction onto the rest of society which is why they always seem to be trying to tear it down. They typically turn their self loathing onto everything they should love and destroy everyone around them.

Everyone’s real objective now should be to make sure her daughter doesn’t end up caught in that cycle of destruction.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 2:09:56 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I had watched this PTA mother go from active caring parent to raving left wing radical to junky yet I feel no remorse.  None, which is very different for me.

She earned her death. That's why you don't feel remorse.
She chose that path, and she walked it.

Link Posted: 3/7/2006 2:16:23 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Her mom was trash

Whats DU?
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 2:21:31 PM EDT
[#23]
Why do they have to come here to California ?
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 2:21:36 PM EDT
[#24]
this reminds me of the "do you get upset if an asshole dies"

the answer is "no" she was a libtard, and now there is one less libtard out there to tell me what to do
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 2:21:47 PM EDT
[#25]
Stories like this are why I will never knowingly date a liberal, much less marry one.  I take that whole biblical "unequally yoked" thing pretty seriously.  

Some people think that it is possible to seperate politics from a marraige, and I just don't see how it can be done for the long-term, at least not with someone as politically outspoken as I.  I even find myself at odds with my family, and they are conservative, just not as conservative (in the classical liberal sense ) as I.

It is unfortunate that your friend/acquaintence and his family had to go through this willfully suicidal dive.  I hope that he is able to find someone who is not so abusive and wrapped up in herself as to place her liberal ideology ahead of her motherly duties.

A truly sad story.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 2:23:24 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Her mom was trash

Whats DU?

dummiecraticunderground.com, ahem, I mean Democratic Underground.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 2:23:35 PM EDT
[#27]
I won't share this story over the intraweb, but, suffice it to say...

I had almost those same feelings bout my father.

No reason to feel guilty or bad.  

She made her bed, and, now she's in it.

My wife is bi, and, she finally had to give up
a lesbian couple that were her best friends for a long time,
because of what it was doing to the kids.

She was sad, but, knew it was time to sever the bond.

I think the subject of your story actually got exactly
what she was craveing for a long time.  Release.

Link Posted: 3/7/2006 2:24:59 PM EDT
[#28]
Too bad so sad.  I'm just running down the list of lefties I know, and I can't think of one of them that is happy.  Some of the ones I know are going to eat themselves from the inside out before '08.  Hatred is all they have, and they are very good at it.  I think they hate themselves as much as they hate GW.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 2:45:39 PM EDT
[#29]
There is only one certainty in life and that is - a liberal usually not know the truth in most cases and when they do they will lie.  Twenty-five year or so ago the left put HATE IS NOT A FAMILY VALUE bumper stickers on their little cars.  I always wondered what the hell they were up to.  While they were hating us more and more this was a clever attempt to reverse the field on us.

Never feel guilty about hating the America-hating left.  They hate you and everything you stand for far more than you will ever hate them.  I wish they would all die.  The more painful the better!
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 2:53:03 PM EDT
[#30]
Hate and stupidity is a dangerous combination.

Sad for the family.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:32:44 PM EDT
[#31]
I lived through Clinton, never even took to the bottle or other radical activities.

BTW the fact that she was reaised by lesbians makes me wonder how many more nutjobs like this we will be producing in the future?
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:49:38 PM EDT
[#32]
Liberalism is a mental disorder.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:52:56 PM EDT
[#33]
Tj,
my deepest condolances are with Ron and his children.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:26:43 PM EDT
[#34]
Her problems went way back.  Her screwy behavior was just a manifestation of her messed up id.

On top of that...libtards are "feeling" on a different plane anyway...and that just adds to their screwy mindset.

Too bad...but I suspect it wasn't much of a surprise to those who really knew her.

Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:57:53 PM EDT
[#35]
Ron and child have been throught alot.  I hope that they learned from it anc can teach others.  Thanks for sharing the story.  Too bad you can't post it on DU.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 8:10:21 PM EDT
[#36]
IMHO, in addition to the political chuckles, this gives us a little insight into the nature of hate. It's a powerful emotion, can really drive people nuts. It is indeed the opposite of love, with the same intensity. When you hate something, you give it control over you, your emotions, and your mental health. That's what it did to Jill here. Her hate destroyed her.

With this in mind, before you say that you hate something, think about whether it's really worth it, what that hate will do to you. Liberals drive me nuts sometimes, but I can't honestly say that I hate them. They just aren't worth it. I feel only indifference towards them. That's ultimately what I would like to see happen, and what I think would drive these people the craziest - people just ignoring them. "Bush = Hitler!!!!!" "Yeah, whatever. I don't even feel like arguing against it anymore. Everyone can see that you're just plain nuts. Go home."

If anything, I'd say my politics are more motivated by love. I love America and what it stands for, the people that make it up (even the batshit insane ones), their passion, drive, and unshakable optimism. I love the things that we've accomplished, both the technological innovations we've pioneered that have made life better for all of us, and the freedom that we've brought to so many other people around the world.

The Left is motivated by hate. This explains much of what they say and do, and IMHO, it will ultimately be their undoing.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 8:16:22 PM EDT
[#37]
tag for later.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 8:16:27 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

She alraeady lost her. It may be better this way instead of watching a parent act like an ass and be self destructive over the years.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 8:17:23 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
She was a very self-centered selfish person.

The core values of most Democrats.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 8:18:19 PM EDT
[#40]
It is too bad she abandoned her family in pursuit of her "ideals".
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 7:02:46 AM EDT
[#41]
Hatred can be channeled and managed. Hatred of the left is a good and healthy way of life.  Loving and trying to understand the left is like loving and trying to understand a child molester.  You can love and understand all you want but he is still going to screw your child.

As a matter of fact I'd rather live next door to a child molester than a lefty.  At least the child molester has been correctly identified and can be properly monitored.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 5:57:59 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 6:09:27 AM EDT
[#43]
She wanted to be like Joplin, and got her wish.    It's a sad situation, yet I feel no remorse for her either.

I feel sorry for the kid, and to some extent Ron.  Hopefully the kid can understand that it wasnt anything they did, it was Jill's choice.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 6:16:09 AM EDT
[#44]
It's Bush's fault!!!  
(Someone had to say it).

Seriously, that's a sad story.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 6:37:17 AM EDT
[#45]
sowing & reaping...a real formula for a downward spiral...very sad,..sow the wind & reap the wirlwind...
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 6:53:50 AM EDT
[#46]
TJ - the little girl is (obviously) better off.  God forbid, if this whackjob came back to TN and started more shit.  It's never easy losing a parent, but she lost that "mother" long ago.

IMHO, if you want to do something meaanigful...

Introduce Ron to a nice woman.

Seriously.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 6:55:22 AM EDT
[#47]
Wow, Ron was married to Janice Soprano?
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 7:26:32 AM EDT
[#48]
when i hear stories like this I strongly suspect an undiagnosed mental illness and other personal problems.  If i were to indulge in some amateur psychobabble, it sounds as if she were self-medicating and running away from personal issues.  sad story.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 11:46:36 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
when i hear stories like this I strongly suspect an undiagnosed mental illness and other personal problems.  If i were to indulge in some amateur psychobabble, it sounds as if she were self-medicating and running away from personal issues.  sad story.

[Michael Savage]Liberalism is a mental disorder![/Michael Savage]

Link Posted: 3/10/2006 12:10:35 PM EDT
[#50]
Good riddance.

Tom, I know you feel that you should have some remorse, some grief for no other reason than you knew her on a somewhat personal level but some people are just destined for their end, based solely on poor decisions, never learned from the consequences which result from those decisions, even though reality slaps them upside the head over and over and over again.

Been around way too many people like this to give a flying fuck about them anymore.  Planet is truly a better place without them. I know my country is.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top