Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/7/2006 11:20:09 AM EDT

This picture is taken from Lightfighter.net.  Soldier's convoy was a victim of a massive IED.  Good thing he had on his eye-pro.  The glasses are made by Revision.

Link Posted: 3/7/2006 11:21:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Dayum.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 11:21:52 AM EDT
[#2]
There have been a few of those kinda pics running around.  It sure is amaizing what a little piece of plastic can stop.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 11:22:41 AM EDT
[#3]
wow!  
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 11:23:33 AM EDT
[#4]
I said it before, but I am damn glad to see so many of our service personel wearing eye protection. Imagine how many injuries and wounds have been prevented.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 11:26:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Good thing for eye protection
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 11:27:08 AM EDT
[#6]
I talked to alot of arfcommers at the Texas pasadena show this past weekend who don't wear eye protection when they aren't forced to by range rules, blows my mind
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 11:30:42 AM EDT
[#7]
I went to the range saturday.  If I had not been wearing eye protection I would not have a right eye right now.  9mm case hit me square in the lense.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 11:32:28 AM EDT
[#8]
+1 for eye protection.  Glad it saved his eye.

I wear eye protection mowing the frickin' lawn...and definitely at the range.  Must be crazy not to.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 11:45:19 AM EDT
[#9]
I remember reading that in WWII there were an awful lot of eye injuries from fighting in cities. Bullets on masonry equals a lot of potential eye injuries. It’s real good to know the troops are wearing eye protection; it’s probably saving the sight of hundreds of people.

For range shooting its just plain stupid not to wear eye protection. Kabooms happen and a set of shooting glasses might save your sight.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 11:47:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Oh snap! That was a close one.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 11:54:13 AM EDT
[#11]
I'll bet the manufacturer will give him some free pairs in exchange for that one!  
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 11:54:43 AM EDT
[#12]
I used to not do it but do everytime I go shooting now.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 11:59:00 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I remember reading that in WWII there were an awful lot of eye injuries from fighting in cities. Bullets on masonry equals a lot of potential eye injuries. It’s real good to know the troops are wearing eye protection; it’s probably saving the sight of hundreds of people.

I remember watching a British fella talking about how he took a boatload of shrapnel in the eyes. Luckily he managed to find a medic that just so happened to be an eye doctor. The medic said the man was lucky he found him and he took out a big ol' magnet and unshrapnelled the guy's eyes. He said he would've been quickly blind otherwise.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 12:05:21 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I'll bet the manufacturer will give him some free pairs in exchange for that one!  

Right
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 12:14:57 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Right

"Proof of the pudding is in the eat," no better endorsement.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 12:18:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Glad he wasn't seriously hurt.

I don't wear them enough when I shoot but I am making it a point to wear them.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 12:21:54 PM EDT
[#17]

i call BS on the pic.
There is no damage to his face where the plastic from the lens blew out.
with that much force he should have had a little trauma from the lens.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 12:30:47 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I went to the range saturday.  If I had not been wearing eye protection I would not have a right eye right now.  9mm case hit me square in the lense.

I'm all for wearing eye protection but I don't think a normally-ejected case is going to take out an eye.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 12:40:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Eye protection is important at the work place too!  I am a chemistry professor.  This is the result of a glass sherd in my eye just last week.  I wasn't working in the lab really, just cleaning up.  Murphy didn't care.  Workman's comp won't touch it since I wasn't wearing eye protection.  Good news is that our primary care physician was able to treat it and it only cost me about 100 bucks, 40 bucks in scripts and a little pride.  I can now use it as a lesson for my students.

Link Posted: 3/7/2006 12:41:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Tag
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 12:53:20 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Eye protection is important at the work place too!  I am a chemistry professor.  This is the result of a glass sherd in my eye just last week.  I wasn't working in the lab really, just cleaning up.  Murphy didn't care.  Workman's comp won't touch it since I wasn't wearing eye protection.  Good news is that our primary care physician was able to treat it and it only cost me about 100 bucks, 40 bucks in scripts and a little pride.  I can now use it as a lesson for my students.

photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=45502

Soooo... what Am I looking at here?
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 1:00:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 1:01:35 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=45502

Soooo... what Am I looking at here?

If the dark part of my eye is a clock, look at 7 o'clock.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 1:47:38 PM EDT
[#24]
Good eye pro seems to be more readily available now more than ever.

At the hardware store, they have good "Stihl" brand glasses for about $10.00.

Some places like tractor supply have the Smith & Wesson lenses for about the same. Cheap insurance.

I highly recommend wearing when bird hunting as well, in case you get peppered, or brush gets in your eyes.

will prevent  
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 7:22:37 PM EDT
[#25]
impressive
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 7:26:23 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I remember watching a British fella talking about how he took a boatload of shrapnel in the eyes. Luckily he managed to find a medic that just so happened to be an eye doctor. The medic said the man was lucky he found him and he took out a big ol' magnet and unshrapnelled the guy's eyes. He said he would've been quickly blind otherwise.

A magnet?!?! No freakin way. that's gotta be bull, doesnt it?
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 7:36:16 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

A magnet?!?! No freakin way. that's gotta be bull, doesnt it?

I have no idea what the procedure is now but I have read of cases in the past where corneal implants were removed in emergency rooms with magnets.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 7:37:22 PM EDT
[#28]
i learned that eye protection is just as important AFTER shooting as it is while shooting.

noting quite hurts like having brake cleaner sprayed in your eyes
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 7:39:49 PM EDT
[#29]
I tested the cheapest of eyewear at 15 feet with a 12 bore... nothing completely penetrated. Always wear your eyes, brand makes no diff as long as they are poly carb.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 7:41:39 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
i learned that eye protection is just as important AFTER shooting as it is while shooting.

noting quite hurts like having brake cleaner sprayed in your eyes

wasp spray does.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 3:10:00 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
I tested the cheapest of eyewear at 15 feet with a 12 bore... nothing completely penetrated. Always wear your eyes, brand makes no diff as long as they are poly carb.

Yeh, but I'll bet the rest of your face hurt real bad.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 3:15:48 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm all for wearing eye protection but I don't think a normally-ejected case is going to take out an eye.

I'll personally attest to it not taking out an eye, but it does hurt  
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 3:48:39 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeh, but I'll bet the rest of your face hurt real bad.

Link Posted: 3/8/2006 3:49:43 AM EDT
[#34]
tag
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 3:53:49 AM EDT
[#35]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top