Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/7/2006 10:12:56 AM EDT
How can you play a song by a certain artist, by going into the artist section and still have the songs in alphabetical order of artist?

I can play a song by artist, but then it will only let me listen to other songs by that artist or list the songs in alphabetical order by song name.
I want alpha. order by band name but be able to scroll through bands and pick a song and have it start there.

IE  Say Led Zeppelin's "Over the hills and far away" is song 121.  I want to start there.

What say you?
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 10:13:39 AM EDT
[#1]
playlists are your friend
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 10:24:17 AM EDT
[#2]
So if I made a custom playlist called "my songs" and just copied all the songs like they are right now in the main "lobby" on the Ipod, it will fix this?
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 10:30:31 AM EDT
[#3]
That sounds right but I've only dealt with a iPod Shuffle which is a bit simpler and has no screen.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 10:38:09 AM EDT
[#4]
You guys are da bomb!  

Thanks NoVa and you too nightstalker

Exactly what I was looking for.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 10:48:29 AM EDT
[#5]
This looks good if you have any questions.  I'd say you could figure it out anyway...

www.apple.com/support/ipod101/tunes/4/
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top