Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/6/2006 11:05:55 PM EDT
        I work for a major medical transport team in my city. I work for a pediatric transport team and we share  helicopters with our adult trauma team. It was only my fifth flight as we don't do peds/newborn helicopter runs that often. It's nice that our flights are picking up and were averaging three or four a month on the peds/neo side. By comparison we do over a hundred or more by ground each month. Everything from the smallest premature babies to larger children. We also do fixed wing flights.
       I did get a little nervous when the pilot told me that we were only ten pounds below our max take off weight. I later found out that this was really not that big of a deal. Doing the heli runs is really alot of fun andI like flying anyway. We landed on a blocked off road for a newborn patient with a heart condition. He got surgery the next day.First time I've landed anywhere but a helipad and you sure notice those power lines when yor in a helicopter. Those fuckers are EVERYWHERE! Just thought I'd share. I managed to take some cool pics with my cell phone which ( I KNOW ) help no one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top