Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/6/2006 9:39:38 PM EDT
My boss is overseas, so I've decided that we will foil his office.  Do a Google image search for "foil office" if you don't know what that means.  I have 3 questions, maybe some of you have done this before:

1.  How many rolls do I need?
2.  How long will this take?
3.  Got any better pranks to suggest?

LINK
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 9:43:23 PM EDT
[#1]
87 rolls

and it's a pain in the ass to do.  just stick a dead fish in a hard to reach location.  takes a fraction of the time, and doesnt cost nearly as much.

i suggest baracuda if you can get your hands on one. there is no fouler smelling fish on earth
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 9:44:47 PM EDT
[#2]
I'd be pissed if i was out of town and my employees were using thier time, that i pay them for, wraping my office in foil....

Sound funny though.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 9:45:56 PM EDT
[#3]
It's amazing what you can do with four or five rolls of aluminum foil...

the above taken from the link you provided
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 9:51:39 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I'd be pissed if i was out of town and my employees were using thier time, that i pay them for, wraping my office in foil....

Sound funny though.

This guy makes about $365.71 per hour - I doubt he'll care about MY time.

Yes, that's the real number.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 9:52:36 PM EDT
[#5]
A heck of a lot. It goes really quick. Go to Costco and buy the industrial stuff that comes in large rolls.

Depending on your coverage I'd say 10 rolls.

Another good tip, buy plastic cups and cover the floor with them. Fill them with water so he can't go in his officer without getting water eveywhere or picking up gallons of water. For bonus points you can spell out something with food coloring.

BTW, the thread is pointless without pics.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 9:54:15 PM EDT
[#6]
what about filling the place with crumpled newspaper, or paper shreds?  takes a lot less effort than wrapping everything in foil
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 9:54:34 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
A heck of a lot. It goes really quick. Go to Costco and buy the industrial stuff that comes in large rolls.

Depending on your coverage I'd say 30-50 rolls.

Another good tip, buy plastic cups and cover the floor with them. Fill them with water so he can't go in his officer without getting water eveywhere or picking up gallons of water. For bonus points you can spell out something with food coloring.

30-50 rolls?  Damn.  I was going to buy 20 of them.  And yes, I will post pics.  This won't happen until Monday AM, since I am out of the office and working at home this week.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 9:55:24 PM EDT
[#8]
tag for pics.  
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 9:56:49 PM EDT
[#9]
tag for pics
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 9:56:54 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Depending on your coverage I'd say 10 rolls.

The water in the cups is much better if you staple all of the cup together to form a huge network of water filled cups
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 9:57:10 PM EDT
[#11]
You're probably right there. I didn't look at that link until after I posted.

That's probably 10 rolls for good measure. Depends on how much stuff he has and the detail you want to get into. Wrapping a bookshelf can take a lot of foil.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 10:00:45 PM EDT
[#12]
are you going to do EVERYTHING, or just the desk area?
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 10:00:56 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Sound funny though.

What if they did it on their own time, you know, as a joke?

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 10:03:18 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sound funny though.

What if they did it on their own time, you know, as a joke?

Who really does this kind of stuff on their own time?

It must be nice being the boss man though..I wouldn't mind being able to buy an AK for every hour I went to work.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 10:03:41 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
what about filling the place with crumpled newspaper, or paper shreds?  takes a lot less effort than wrapping everything in foil

some newsprint inks leave a stink.
We did a cubicle with foam peanuts but never a office.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 10:06:15 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
are you going to do EVERYTHING, or just the desk area?

As much as 3 of us in about a half hour can do.  More than just the desk.  3 chairs, books, phone, computer, walls if possible.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 10:21:04 PM EDT
[#17]
I did it once. Get A LOT - I only did 3 rolls and only got the stuff on his desk.

Use reynolds wrap or other higher end brand. The thicker stuff wont tear as easily.

Good luck!
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 10:31:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 10:32:53 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Depending on your coverage I'd say 30-50 rolls.

30-50 rolls?  Damn.  I was going to buy 20 of them.  And yes, I will post pics.  This won't happen until Monday AM, since I am out of the office and working at home this week.

Make sure to include the obligatory erect penis on the bosses cheek pic
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top