Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/6/2006 8:32:19 PM EDT
Ok i ve done a google search and I am wondering about this story of 5.8mm Chinese shell casing being found near the Arizona border.  

Why would Chinese troops be allowed in Mexico.  I know the Chinese have offered to purchase Mexican oil wells.  
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 8:33:49 PM EDT
[#1]
I would like to know to.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 8:36:49 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Why would Chinese troops be allowed in Mexico.  I know the Chinese have offered to purchase Mexican oil wells.  

Alex, I'll take "Welcome to 1995 for $100"

<Alex Trebek>  The answer, Fired President Jimmy Carter gave this country carte-blanch after surrendering the Canal we built back to Panama."
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 1:36:42 AM EDT
[#3]
There's no evidence.  We had a member here who said he knew the guy that found the casings.  The guy turned it over the "the authorities".  Who "they" were the guy didn't know.  There are no casings to be examined, so in reality there is no evidence that it ever happened.  For all we know the guy made it up, or found some 5.45 that some guy was blasting out of his SAR-2 in the middle of nowhere.

The bottom line is there is no proof of any of it.  None.

Now, you really have to ask yourself a couple questions about this.

1) Why would you bring a weapon that is easily identified as your's to a place you shouldn't be?  Would it not make more sense to use a couple of the several million 7.62x39 caliber ones that they already own for a "spec ops" mission on the border?  

2) If you want to look at the border, what would you do?  Yeah, you'd just go down there and look at it.  It's not like anyone's guarding the damn thing.  So if you were China, why would you try some bizarre "spec ops" operation, armed with unique weapons that could only be traced to China, when any of the thousands of spys you already have here in the USA could just drive down there and look all they want.

Sorry, it doesn't pass the smell test.  It simply never happened.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 2:05:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top