Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/6/2006 7:47:08 PM EDT
Was off sunday so I rode the train up from our NJ yard.

Just hung around midtown this time, has some good Italian for dinner on 46th between 6th and 7th ave's.  I also took the advice to go to Rockafeller Center.  Damn, what a view!

First, welcome to town!

What school did Robert DeNiro's girlfriend go to in HEAT???

I find your lack of faith disturbing!  

The USS Intrepid, a museum now.  I was on board the first summer it was open back in 1980 something...

Musicals are FABULOUS!!!  

Time to go up and enjoy the view!!!

My best shot (of non-female scenery!) before dark...

And my best shot after dark.  

Thanks for looking.  
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:51:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Man, it may be full of libtards and run by commies...but damn there is just something about NYC.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:56:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Here's some more pics...

Central Park (west)

The Park at night...

I observed this statue all lit up.  It must be important or something

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:58:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 8:02:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Great pics Nationwide, I have a question though, is Central Park a "no go zone" at night or is it fairly safe? I can only digress from movies as I've never spent any length of time in NYC.

What's it like?
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 8:02:31 PM EDT
[#5]
I've never seen so many UFO's
than I have in these photos!
Great Work!

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 8:04:02 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Great pics Nationwide, I have a question though, is Central Park a "no go zone" at night or is it fairly safe? I can only digress from movies as I've never spent any length of time in NYC.

What's it like?

I'm not really the guy to ask that question.  First off, I pretty much go where I want (I'm a badass or have a death wish, you decide )

But more significantly, I haven't spent any time in Central Park since I was a yout!  I was told this time of year is pretty boring there, and to go during the summer instead.  
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 8:04:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Ack! Stay away from that park - I hear people get raped and killed there. Oh I guess if you are carrying.. 'er I mean.. nevermind.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 8:04:48 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I've never seen so many UFO's
than I have in these photos!
Great Work!

Yeah, I've decided the UV filter is a "no-go" for night shooting from now on!  
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 8:13:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Story has it this guy absolutely killed in DC so they gave him his own theater!  

If you look real hard, you can see Wave eating a donut in the window!  

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 8:22:22 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

If you look real hard, you can see Wave eating a donut in the window!  

That kills me about times squre, all that work revitalizing it and making it all shiny and attractive for the tourists and the police station and armed forces recruiting center are dilapidated shacks.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 8:43:38 PM EDT
[#11]
What trip to the big city would be complete without some bling???

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 8:47:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Maybe all that traffic is the reason I get 50 bucks to go there each time I'm forced to drop in.  And it will be forced. Great pics man.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 8:50:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Big cities scare me.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 8:59:07 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Big cities scare me.

Me to, but so does Donner pass.  And Peterbuilts, And tanker trucks, And Hazmat,  And Drivers that piss, eat, shit, cook, read, masturbate, etc while driving.

Truck driving isn't about driving.  It's about getting 500 new terrors in your life to survive.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 8:59:35 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Big cities scare me.

I feel uncomfortable when i go into a town of more than 10,000 people. Seriously.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 8:59:46 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Big cities scare me.

Me to, but so does Donner pass.  And Peterbuilts, And tanker trucks, And Hazmat,  And Drivers that piss, eat, shit, cook, read, masturbate, etc while driving.

Truck driving isn't about driving.  It's about getting 500 new terrors in your life to survive.

Link Posted: 3/7/2006 2:35:03 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Big cities scare me.

What? like it's not true? lol.  Driving is the easy part,  the only problem I've had at all is that damn clutch brake.  I've been driving split tens for 8 years.  All so old the didn't have clutch brakes.  It took me 30 whole minutes in the simulator to get going to the floor with it out of my head.   I'll log 5 hours in the truck today pushing it around Dallas, (WATCH OUT RYANN) but tommorrow have to drive in downtown.  Yay.  Nothing big though.  After seeing some of these videos and wrecks and stuff, I'm more worried about other people.  It amazes me how stupid some people can be.  I'm now convinced that there is no career where complacency is a bigger danger.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 2:41:17 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

What's it like?

Its pretty safe almost all of the time.  The good thing about NYC now is that there are always people around.  I moved here from Houston 9 years ago. I feel safer walking around any part of NYC at 4am than I do in Houston at 10pm
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 2:42:33 AM EDT
[#19]
Nice pictures. I use to work in the City at night. Always something going on.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 3:04:53 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

What's it like?

According to http://www.nyc.gov/html/nypd/pdf/chfdept/cs022pct.pdf there were 93 crimes in Central Park last year including 0 murders, 2 rapes, 37 robbery, 9 felony assault, 3 burglary and 42 grand larceny.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:06:45 AM EDT
[#21]
Great pictures Nationwide!
w00t!
did you get yourself a pretzel? some roasted nuts?
I a great place to visit.... but I am glad I don't live there anymore.
great night shots.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:16:43 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Great pictures Nationwide!
w00t!
did you get yourself a pretzel? some roasted nuts?
I a great place to visit.... but I am glad I don't live there anymore.
great night shots.

No, I didn't.  But I tell you, after walking around all afternoon and evening, them honey roasted nuts smelled damned tempting!  
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:37:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Great shots Nationwide. Went there in '97 to watch the Ball drop.Had a Blast.Delivered mail a couple of times to the PO on 33rd and 9th.Had to back in the building across a 4 lane street, scared the piss outa me the first time.

Dusty glad to hear things are going good.Once you get the feel for the truck things get easier after that.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:42:16 PM EDT
[#24]
Here's a couple more of the roughly 250 pictures I took.

Most of them are of wiminz... and I know ya'll don't want to see those!  

Here we got popcorn shrimp, and jumbo shrimp, and broiled shrimp, and sauteed shrimp, and cocktail shrimp, and... aw geez

Well, ok... one pic of a cute chic... She likes blowing, uh... bubbles.  Now I wish I was a

Link Posted: 3/9/2006 5:14:29 PM EDT
[#25]
Here's some more pics.. yet AGAIN!  

Had lunch here kind of a 50's diner place...

Obligatory "Hard Rock" photo...

Mmmm.... Pretzles!!!  

Watch your step!!!  

Going up to the top of "THE ROCK"...

Link Posted: 3/9/2006 5:41:46 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Great shots Nationwide. Went there in '97 to watch the Ball drop.Had a Blast.Delivered mail a couple of times to the PO on 33rd and 9th.Had to back in the building across a 4 lane street, scared the piss outa me the first time.

Dusty glad to hear things are going good.Once you get the feel for the truck things get easier after that.

I got about 110 miles today.  I passed a JB hunt truck, he got all pissed off, other truckers were making fun of him for getting passed by Schneider.  (our training trucks will run about 75 for some reason) He got all pissy and passed me lol.  I'm having an easier time than some and some are doing better than me.  We're the second class through on the new course style and simulators.  The simulator exercises are awfully helpful.  It's nice to run Donner's pass type terrain on a big video game.  Ice, snow, rain, fog, DOT, all of it can be programmed in, these new sims are amazing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top