Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/6/2006 4:33:11 PM EDT
Considering Remington Model 6715 Pump Action with ghost ring sights, standard stock to add to my .223 collection of rifles.

Would appreciate any information on weapon, accuracy, use, etc..
TIA
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 4:34:30 PM EDT
[#1]
why?  this would be the kinda gun to get in Kommifornia, but why do you want it in PA?

that said, remington pump shotguns are some of the best in the world, so i'd imagine this would be pretty good as well
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 4:34:57 PM EDT
[#2]
I was interested in this gun also.

People say it's clunky.

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 4:36:18 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
why?  this would be the kinda gun to get in Kommifornia, but why do you want it in PA?

that said, remington pump shotguns are some of the best in the world, so i'd imagine this would be pretty good as well

You cannot hunt with semi automatic rifles in PA.

Pump rifles are very reliable and good for hunting.

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 4:38:27 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I was interested in this gun also.

People say it's clunky.

I've handled one and it is not balanced very well. Front is to heavy and somehow it just feels awkward. The slide was clunky BUT I would imagine it would slick up as my 870 shottie did with some racking time.

Love my 870, was not impressed with it as a rifle.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 4:40:51 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a 760 and that is why I was interested in this rifle.

I find my 760 to be a nice slick rifle.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 4:58:07 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You cannot hunt with semi automatic rifles in PA.

Pump rifles are very reliable and good for hunting.

Then why hunt with a .223 pump?
Unless it is 'yotes or something simaliar.
Even then - why not just use a .223 bolt gun?
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 2:52:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Point well taken but I am left handed shooter that would rather continue with experience with pump guns than train/purchase left handed bolt rifle.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 3:15:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Shot 80 rounds thru a demonstrator, Groups well standing and seated, trigger kind of gritty. (It was brand new)  I'd put a thin recoil pad on it to get a little length. It's heavy but I didn't have any problem with balance.   Good sights though not really made for hunting. (front sight too thick)   They're a little proud of them.

Good for plinking, I'd take it over a Mini-14 any day.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:32:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:16:13 AM EDT
[#10]
I wonder where the thing balances ?  Are you going to be able to easily carry it with one hand  or is the magazine going to be at the balance point ?

rj
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top