Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/6/2006 2:25:43 PM EDT
Which external DVD burner is complete with all software and maybe USB and ready to go out of the box to back up my own DVD's of course.
Anything out there under a $100.00 bucks?
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 2:39:51 PM EDT
[#1]
If I were in the market for one I'd buy whatever HP puts out.

I've had an ancient HP CD-RW USB external drive for about six years, and the thing won't die.  Which is fine by me...but still, it won't die.  Built like a tank.

Jim
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 3:06:30 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Which external DVD burner is complete with all software and maybe USB and ready to go out of the box to back up my own DVD's of course.
Anything out there under a $100.00 bucks?

Buy an external drive enclosure.

And buy any DVD burner you desire.

Save a ton of $$$ over buying a commercially made external drive.

I just bought a Sony dual layer burner a couple months ago for $50 after rebaits.

Works great.

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 3:15:50 PM EDT
[#3]
I would try Lite On great drives for the price.  The best ones out there are made by Plextor.
Try HERE they have good selection service and prices.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 3:28:19 PM EDT
[#4]
exactly what i did.  external enclosure+hp dvd640i (with lightscribeht
LiteOn is good too.  

great prices here
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top