Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/6/2006 1:09:48 PM EDT
search came up with nothing..
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.wral.com/news/7721912/detail.html

"Students To Protest UNC's Reluctance To Label Pit Incident Terrorism
'I Don't Know What Was Going Through His Head,' Suspect's Friend Says

POSTED: 7:01 pm EST March 5, 2006
UPDATED: 8:00 am EST March 6, 2006

CHAPEL HILL, N.C. -- Protests are planned for Monday in the same area of campus at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill where, authorities said, a former student plowed a sport utility vehicle into nine people Friday afternoon.

#
Video: Protest Planned Against UNC's Reluctance To Label Pit Incident Terrorism

The College Republicans, Americans for an Informed Democracy and the Foundation for the Defense of Democracies are sponsoring the event, scheduled for 11 a.m. until 1 p.m. Monday in "The Pit," a central area of the UNC-Chapel Hill campus. The event is open to the public and free of charge.

Police said Mohammad Taheri-azar, a 2005 UNC-Chapel Hill graduate, admits he acted to "avenge the death of Muslims around the world." UNC police and local authorities, however, say they have not taken a stance on that interpretation, but are simply repeating what the suspect has told them.

UNC-Chapel Hill student leaders said that Monday's protest is aimed at the reluctance of the university to label Friday's incident as an act of terrorism.

"This is innocent people being attacked by an SUV, driven by a man who was doing it for retaliation for treatment of Muslims around the world," said Jillian Bandes, with the Foundation for the Defense of Democracies. "To me, that spells terrorism."

Taheri-azar, who is currently in Raleigh's Central Prison under a $5.5 million bond, is charged with nine counts of attempted first-degree murder and nine counts of assault with a deadly weapon inflicting serious injury with intent to kill.

Because of what Taheri-azar admitted to local authorities, the FBI is also participating in the investigation. FBI spokesman Ken Lucas said Sunday, however, that a federal investigation is still ongoing.

Mohammed Taheri-azar was taken from the UNC Department of Human Safety to an undisclosed location Friday night after his arrest in the UNC-CH incident.

But were Taheri-azar's alleged actions acts of terrorism?

"I think (what Taheri-azar did) is extreme," said Dan VanAtta, a friend of the suspect. "But then again, I don't know what was going through his head. … Mohammed was a good guy."

I would say it is pretty clear,

"Police said Mohammad Taheri-azar, a 2005 UNC-Chapel Hill graduate, admits he acted to "avenge the death of Muslims around the world." UNC police and local authorities, however, say they have not taken a stance on that interpretation, but are simply repeating what the suspect has told them."

Another "good guy" doing something violent...
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 1:14:52 PM EDT
[#1]
What does it take to qualify as a "hate crime"?  Nevermind, I just realized it has to be committed by a straight, white male to qualify.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 1:38:23 PM EDT
[#2]
If a Muslim shoots up the El-Al airline counter, that is not terrorism.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 1:47:45 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
"I think (what Taheri-azar did) is extreme," said Dan VanAtta, a friend of the suspect. "But then again, I don't know what was going through his head. … Mohammed was a good guy."

morons!

If any of my friends went on a murderous rampage, I wouldn't be in the press the same day saying "so and so was a good guy"

I don't care HOW close we were, you're now a rampaging fuckstick and worthy of my spittle.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 1:49:08 PM EDT
[#4]
according to the libtard media it was a "isolated incedent"

so i guess the guy saying that it was an act of jihad to spread the will of Allah does not qualify it for terrorist status?

what would?
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 1:50:43 PM EDT
[#5]
How about "North Carolina's Feeble Jihad?"

Or "Mohammed In-Effective Tries His Hand At Weakly Striking The American Satan"

Or "Osama bin Laden Slaps His Forehead At Anyone Who Considers This Lameness 'Terrorism'"
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 1:52:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Where is North Corolina?
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 1:55:03 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Where is North Corolina?

North of South Corolina.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 1:56:02 PM EDT
[#8]
"Norhad"?
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 2:01:15 PM EDT
[#9]
A muslim walking onto the UNC campus and blowing himself up, killing a dozen people is an act of terrorism.

A muslim driving his SUV into a crowd and not killing anybody is the act of a deranged dumbass.

Give terrorists some credit.  He's about as much of a terrorist  as an airsofter in the woods is special forces...

I can see the pre-SUV terror cell meeting now:

"Mohammed, your time has come.  You'll take your mother's 4Runner, and at the peak of the infidel's celebrations, you'll drive at a moderate speed and attempt to wound as many as you can!"

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 2:05:16 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
according to the libtard media it was a "isolated incedent"

so i guess the guy saying that it was an act of jihad to spread the will of Allah does not qualify it for terrorist status?

what would?

It is terrorism, but its lack of sophistication and poor follow through, as well as the fact that it was carried out by an incompetent, shows that it is not part of any kind of a co-ordinated effort.

It is "an isolated incident of terrorism"
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 2:08:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Send his sorry ass to Gitmo.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 2:13:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Let's see here....

He wanted to avenge the Muslim religion and protest the U.S. and its actions around the world...

He readily admitted that he was trying to kill those kids....

Yep, he's a terrorist and should be treated accordingly.  Death is the only answer to these freaks.

HH
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 2:15:28 PM EDT
[#13]
I personally hope this bullshit does not become the tactic de jeur in the US. I don't think Americans will stand idly by and let Muslims live among us for very long if we start to get a rash of SUVs driving into groups of Americans. Expect to see some good ol' boys drag a few out for some "night justice" if this doesn't stop soon.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 2:18:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Hmmm. This has all the earmarks of a

HATE CRIME!

Fry the suckah.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 2:23:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Shove an ex-lax covered pork chop down his throat and hang him naked over a copy of the Koran. When he takes a dump on the book we execute him for blasphemy and eating pork.

That should make the Moslems happy.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 2:31:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Call it Criminal Stupidity. I went to UNC-CH, and I don't understand how he managed to not kill someone in that confined space. All I can attribute his failure to is poor planning an execution.

It is an insult to terrorists (freedom fighters) everywhere to lump this guy in with them. I would classify it as a hate crime, though.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 3:37:13 PM EDT
[#17]
and thus, it begins.

THESE are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands by it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as FREEDOM should not be highly rated. Britain Islam, with an army horde of terrorists to enforce her tyranny terror, has declared that she has a right (not only to TAX) but "to BIND make us pray in their way in ALL CASES WHATSOEVER" and if being bound in that manner, is not slavery to the Arabic moon god, then is there not such a thing as slavery upon earth. Even the expression is impious; for so unlimited a power can belong only to God.

and at what point do we take up arms against this rising sea of trouble?

wganz

with apologies to Thomas Paine
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top