Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/6/2006 10:33:27 AM EDT

i have noticed something for the past 2 months.

we have a USAFR fighter wing here..i dont think i'm crazy but their flight times and take offs and landings are much more "tactical" than what is normal during the "offseason".

i mean usually its one plane on a take off and landing at a time but they will join up in the air.

in the past to months..i have been seeing anywhere from 2-5 planes taking off and landing in close formations.

do they know something the general public doesnt.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 10:36:54 AM EDT
[#1]
We're over extended in Iraq.

Iran is NOT on the table.....for now.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 10:38:37 AM EDT
[#2]
I've noticed more jet activity from my local ANG base too over the last month to be sure...

Even if the hoopla in Iran is a year plus away, it never hurts to be ready.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 10:44:18 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
We're over extended in Iraq.

Iran is NOT on the table.....for now.

I honestly find it hard to believe that.  If neccessary we can relocate troops out of Iraq or other areas of the world and allocate them to Iran.  Our military is much bigger than approx 150,000 men and women.

We may not even be going for a full on invasion, rather, precision air strikes on their nuclear facilities and decapitation strikes against the mullahs might be all that is required.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 11:23:07 AM EDT
[#4]
i think Iran is on the table. not necessarily an iraq-type invasion but we hold all the cards here. lets not forget about the tens of thousands of our troops we have surrounding them. can you imagine the sortie rate flying from al asad in iraq and bagram AFG and the persian gulf carriers. no more 12hr missions from england.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 11:38:25 AM EDT
[#5]
I don't think we're capable of occupying Iraq and attacking Iran simultaneously. Let's do one war at a time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top