Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/6/2006 9:52:00 AM EDT
That was the apparent thought process of a couple local kids last night. The lake didn't completely freeze this year, there's been open water right in front of my house all along. At least the second kid had the sense to stop when the first one's light disappeared...

(Darwin let him live this time, BTW, and his machine's been fished out already.)
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 10:02:09 AM EDT
[#1]
I read theat same article,  I've snowmobiled on Winnapasoki(SP?) for many years, and i can never understand people who go whiping around the lake at night, without first scouting the area or listening to the ice warnings.  

By the way, where on the lake do you live?  My family has a home on  Bear Island, we are on the side of the island facing Shep Browns.  
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 10:03:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Sounds perfectly reasonable to me.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 10:11:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Sounds like fun to me
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 10:12:04 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I read theat same article,  I've snowmobiled on Winnapasoki(SP?) for many years, and i can never understand people who go whiping around the lake at night, without first scouting the area or listening to the ice warnings.  

By the way, where on the lake do you live?  My family has a home on  Bear Island, we are on the side of the island facing Shep Browns.  

Lighthouse Point, it happened right off my dock.

Invite me to Bear Island and I'll bring a couple suppressed .22's to go plinking with  
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 10:18:12 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

(Darwin let him live this time, BTW, and his machine's been fished out already.)

There's always next year.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top