Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/6/2006 9:29:49 AM EDT
I am wearing a pair of UnderArmour's white socks right now. They have to be the most comfortable socks I've had. They're not cheap, I got these at Cabelas for $19.99 for 4 pair.

But my feet love them... I tend to not be choosy about my socks - I'd buy them by the pound if I could - but I might have to make an exception and buy more of these!

Just thought I'd share.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 9:30:59 AM EDT
[#1]
What's special about them?
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 9:39:47 AM EDT
[#2]
I like them too.

These are pretty ass-kickin socks as well:

nGenius

BC
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 9:42:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Fit, I guess. They're not bulky, yet not tight. Probably a cotton-poly blend, or perhaps cotton-Lycra? Dunno.

Comfy and not hot. What more can you ask from a sock?
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 9:49:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Can buy the same thing different name atr Walmart for far less.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 9:51:05 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

What's the different name?

Edit: Is it "AnderUrmour"?
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 10:01:40 AM EDT
[#6]
I bought a bunch of UA socks and wore them daily but the didn't seem to hold up. They would start to disintegrate around the heel and leave fuzzy lint everywhere on the carpet.

I switched to 511 socks and have abused them for over a year with good results. They're not cheap at $10 but they last and keep my feet cool.

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 10:13:26 AM EDT
[#7]
I wore SmartWool socks in Iraq, and nothing else.
They rule.
I wore out the linings and soles on a brand new pair of Danner Acadias in 7 months (I suppose a couple hundred foot patrols will do that).
The socks, however, are fine.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 10:14:23 AM EDT
[#8]
I own a lot of UA clothing. Good stuff but not cheap.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 10:15:27 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What's the different name?

Edit: Is it "AnderUrmour"?

They call it Dri-Star
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 10:21:20 AM EDT
[#10]
*note to self, check out DriStar and Smartwool...  
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 10:24:04 AM EDT
[#11]
I prefer FootJoy socks.  It's all I buy.  I might look into the UA socks.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 11:37:20 AM EDT
[#12]
I prefer all-synthetic socks, no cotton at all (-or wool, as I don't like it).
They cost about $7-10+ a pair depending on what you get but are lots more comfortable.

I have to order them online, because no local store ever carries mens XL socks in specialty synthetics.
The last round I got from http://www.zappos.com/ , which overall cost me about as much as a local store would have (but zappos had XL's, and I didn't have to get off mah butt to find em).

The last pair of athletic shoes I got from them too--as no stores ever have much in size-14 in stock.
~
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 11:45:18 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I bought a bunch of UA socks and wore them daily but the didn't seem to hold up. They would start to disintegrate around the heel and leave fuzzy lint everywhere on the carpet.

I switched to 511 socks and have abused them for over a year with good results. They're not cheap at $10 but they last and keep my feet cool.

+1,000...

DO NOT BUY UA SOCKS!  They are pieces of garbage and do not hold up.  I wore holes in every pair I owned within 2 months of being in Iraq.  I even contacted Swede Hanson at UA (former Marine Officer) about them and sent him digital pics of the holes because I was so PO'd.   Their boxer briefs, on the other hand, are some of the best pieces of gear ever produced.  Their loose fit t's are great as well.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 12:06:30 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Same here. Fell apart real quick. I ordered a pair of 511 and the thorlo combat.  I preferred the thorlo so I ordered a bunch of those.  Ive been happy since.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 12:10:38 PM EDT
[#15]
UA will likely suffice for my intensive Chairborne ops...
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 12:15:43 PM EDT
[#16]
best int eh business for working out.  yeah they cost asmuch as a new teflon 30 rounder, but I keep 7 for working out, one for each day.  I don't know if its psychoological or not, but when I work out with any other kind of socks, Ireally don't work out as hard.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top