Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/6/2006 9:28:47 AM EDT

This is not a Troll thread it is a true story.

Yep you read it right there is a guy that owned a local bar here in town who is going through some tough times. He lost his bar and his income.

So he thought he would end it all by shooting himself in the chest with his 9mm.

It didn't work, it stuck in his chest and didn't kill him. He called 911 and told them to come get him before he shot himself again.

He was discharged a couple of days ago and said "that was pretty stupid" to one of my buddies.

It just goes to show what a wuss round the 9mm is.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 9:30:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Discharged?  

What?  No emergency psychiatry services?
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 9:30:37 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a feeling we haven't heard "the rest of the story."
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 9:31:06 AM EDT
[#3]
I'll be the 1st

ETA: Tell this story to all the people that have been shot in the vitals over the last 100 years with the 9x19mm; oh wait- THEY'RE DEAD!!
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 9:31:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Ball? JHP? Other?

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 9:32:24 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Yep you read it right there is a guy that owned a local bar here in town who is going through some tough times. He lost his bar and his income.

So he thought he would end it all by shooting himself in the chest with his 9mm.

It didn't work, it stuck in his chest and didn't kill him. He called 911 and told them to come get him before he shot himself again.

He was discharged a couple of days ago and said "that was pretty stupid" to one of my buddies.

Jesus. How big was this guy? any more details?
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 9:32:44 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I guess you'd be willing to stand in front of me while i shoot then?  I mean, since it's such a wuss round, it won't even penetrate past the ribs, no worries!
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 9:33:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Are you sure he's not a Cyborg?

Maybe adimantium skeletal structure?
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 9:34:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 9:34:26 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I guess you'd be willing to stand in front of me while i shoot then?  I mean, since it's such a wuss round, it won't even penetrate past the ribs, no worries!

+1, if it is a wuss round, you have nothing to fear.  Cmon, most LEO need to be maced before carrying it, why don't you try a puny 9mm to the ribs before bashing it?  

"..concludes what a wuss round the 9mm is..." this IS a troll thread.  
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 9:34:47 AM EDT
[#10]
I bet it was ball.

BTW I hope he realizes that death - particularly suicide - shouldn't be hastened and that he has something to live for...

BTW2: What kind of friend tells the story like "If the 9mm was any better of a round it would have killed my friend?"
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 9:40:08 AM EDT
[#11]
Everybody knows the worst a 9mm will do is raise a little welt.  A Red Rider BB gun does a better job of putting out someone's eye.

That's why I pack a 9mm for CCW.  I don't want any innocent bystanding children to get hurt.

Heck, back when I was a kid my brothers and I played a game where we would stand at opposite ends of the room.  One would shoot at the other with a 9mm pistol and you had to catch the bullet in your teeth.  The guy who dropped the bullet lost (we weren't allowed to use our hands).

Come on, since 9mm is a wuss round, let's play...
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 9:42:58 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I'll be the 1st

ETA: Tell this story to all the people that have been shot in the vitals over the last 100 years with the 9x19mm; oh wait- THEY'RE DEAD!!

Well if you are talking about people who were shot 100 years ago, chances are they died of old age
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 9:44:39 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Are you sure he's not a Cyborg?

Maybe adimantium skeletal structure?

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 9:45:51 AM EDT
[#14]
I'm calling BS.

The worst that a 9mm can do is feel like a punch to the face. Nobody, but Chuck Norris, is capable of a punch to the face that can actually penetrate.

In fact, I've heard that some recent studies by the FBI have shown that 9mm is so ineffective at killing someone that being shot with 9mm can actually cure cancer.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 9:46:32 AM EDT
[#15]
words .....hard to .......come by.....post.....idiotic........
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 9:48:53 AM EDT
[#16]
Considering that  a lack of penetration has never been a weakness of the 9mm, I call BS.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 9:50:02 AM EDT
[#17]
[butthole surfers] It shoulda been a better shot and got him in the head[/butthole surfers]
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 9:50:17 AM EDT
[#18]
Whenever the neighborhood kids are playing in my yard I just shoot them in the asses w/ my 9mm.  It just leaves a welt and their parents get a big kick out of it...
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 9:50:38 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 9:53:10 AM EDT
[#20]
This is why the NSR was invented...
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 9:53:35 AM EDT
[#21]
Riiiiight
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 9:53:58 AM EDT
[#22]
I don't know if this is all the story or not, but I'm not going to try it out to see if it's true.

Maybe it could happen with a soft lead bullet, reloaded, light charge, right up against the bone, maybe once in a million, but I wouldn't call it that way.  

I smell bullshit.

I think that if someone were to try that using Federal 9mm 125 grain Nato, they wouldn't be talking to the 911 dispatcher, they'd be talking to St. Peter.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 9:54:15 AM EDT
[#23]
Stop the presses, I found the ammo the guy was using- www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=244051
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 9:54:16 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 9:57:43 AM EDT
[#25]
Instead of spanking the cat for shitting on the floor, I empty a 17 round magazine full of 124gr +P's at it, and it just goes and sulks under the couch for awhile.

could it be I'm a bad shot?
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 9:59:28 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Instead of spanking the cat for shitting on the floor, I empty a 17 round magazine full of 124gr +P's at it, and it just goes and sulks under the couch for awhile.

could it be I'm a bad shot?

You used to spank your..........Oh, never mind.  
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 10:03:41 AM EDT
[#27]
[Dr. Hibert] On a man his size, being shot with a 9mm will only provide sexual release. [/Dr Hibert]
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 10:13:24 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 10:15:07 AM EDT
[#29]
I don't believe it
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 10:26:32 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 10:31:44 AM EDT
[#31]
Was he using these?

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 10:41:27 AM EDT
[#32]
homicide records and death records show plenty of people killed with .32's, .22's, .38's, 9mm  .Soldiers in WWII shot with .32's often died.  Bullet placement is a factor to consider.  I know .45 was paised for knockdown power and initially invented because the .38 cal wasn't doing the job...but way too often, two and three rounds of the .45 is necessary to actually do the kill.  

One story to the exception is not the way realistic people formulate their conclusions...
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 10:45:46 AM EDT
[#33]
Well, I just shot my neighbor's dog in the head with 9mm ball. It bounced off.  I was wearing jackboots, since I'm told these improve the effectiveness of 9x19 against canine targets. He licked me afterwards.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 10:57:02 AM EDT
[#34]
One night during dinner, a fly was pestering the hell out of us. Not being able to stand it any longer, my wife got her Browning HP and when it landed on the mashed potatoes, she dumped a mag into that damn fly. I said, picking the slugs off of the potatoes, "Quit fooling around and get the fly swatter!"
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 11:21:08 AM EDT
[#35]
[Santa] You'll put your eye out , kid,"[Santa]
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 11:24:05 AM EDT
[#36]
I heard about a story where a guy took a 30-06 to the chest and lung and he lived.  Pussy caliber failed to stop again.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 11:26:10 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
I'll be the 1st

This story might be B.S but I have seen people and shoot people with a 9mm in the head chest and other places not die. I saw a guy who took 3  5.56 in the head and still was alive. I'v seen many people shoot with both of these rounds and still beable to run and shoot there weapon. Thats why I like the 7.62 or 50 cal.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 11:27:26 AM EDT
[#38]
I hate when I'm at the range and catch a 9mm in the eye, it burns but with a little water it flushes right out.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 11:28:20 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'll be the 1st

This story might be B.S but I have seen people and shoot people with a 9mm in the head chest and other places not die. I saw a guy who took 3  5.56 in the head and still was alive. I'v seen many people shoot with both of these rounds and still beable to run and shoot there weapon. Thats why I like the 7.62 or 50 cal.

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 11:59:25 AM EDT
[#40]
Not BS.

Not an AD or ND

Not sure what type of bullet

Not from the internet, I learned the hard way.

Not a troll thread, It is for you 9mm bashers.

I had to post it after I found out.

Absolutely true, I have been around, I wouldn't post it if it was not.

No, I would not even stand in front of a .177 pellet gun.

BTW the bullet is still lodged in his chest they did not remove it.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 12:10:47 PM EDT
[#41]

9mm FMJ

Fully Made of Jello

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 12:23:10 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
homicide records and death records show plenty of people killed with .32's, .22's, .38's, 9mm  .Soldiers in WWII shot with .32's often died.  Bullet placement is a factor to consider.  I know .45 was paised for knockdown power and initially invented because the .38 cal wasn't doing the job...but way too often, two and three rounds of the .45 is necessary to actually do the kill.  

One story to the exception is not the way realistic people formulate their conclusions...

Last year I met a guy that had been shot almost point blank with a .357 mag. It happened a few years ago and he is still having problems. He got all the bad guys guns as part of the settlement.

Freak shit happens even to realistic people.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 12:27:33 PM EDT
[#43]
Aren't you glad your buddy didn't use a "better" caliber?
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 12:31:06 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I don't believe it

It's posted on the IntraWeb, it must be true.

TRG

I may carry a 45 but I know damn well what a 9mm will do, and I wouldn't feel under gunned with a glock 19 and a mag full of fmj, if this is a true story then it was a fuck up with the round and it had barely enouph juice to leave the Bbl
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 12:33:55 PM EDT
[#45]
When I first started all this death investigation stuff I was amazed at how bullets REALLY perform. Regardless of caliber they can be pretty damn erratic.  

What surprised me were the so called "wimpy" Calibers.  Just about anything will go thru and thru, .380's and .32's, even .22's from a rifle. Especially on head shots. (suicides)

Had a guy recently, shot 5 times with 9mm Hydroshoks. The only bullet that stayed in the body did so because it went thru a stick shift knob first.  All 5 expanded to maximum diameter. One round punched thru the crest of his left hip and exited thru his right shoulder joint.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 12:35:25 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

His name is Dick he owned the Sports Page in Granger IN

Not my buddy just someone I know. A friend of mine is closer to him.

I can't believe they let him out after only a few days.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 12:36:36 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I don't believe it

It's posted on the IntraWeb, it must be true.

TRG

I may carry a 45 but I know damn well what a 9mm will do, and I wouldn't feel under gunned with a glock 19 and a mag full of fmj, if this is a true story then it was a fuck up with the round and it had barely enouph juice to leave the Bbl

It penetrated his chest and it is still in there.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 12:37:20 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

His name is Dick he owned the Sports Page in Granger IN

Not my buddy just someone I know. A friend of mine is closer to him.

I can't believe they let him out after only a few days.

like what a 50cal?

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 1:06:59 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 1:07:33 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top