Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/6/2006 6:30:58 AM EDT
I'm trying to decide on a holster for my sig p228. I think I want to get a OWB holster for it because I will mainly use it for competitive shooting and CCW in high-risk areas. I'll probably get a milt-sparks VM2 for my p228, or maybe for a p220 or p239 later. But for now I'd like some opinions on this and similar holsters.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:38:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 8:52:43 AM EDT
[#2]
bump
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 8:59:40 AM EDT
[#3]
IWB conceals much better than a belt holster, but it is less comfortable and a little slower to draw from.

I use a SideArmor belt holster for my Glock 19 (when not using my CompTac C-TAC), and I like it a lot.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 9:04:28 AM EDT
[#4]
I prefer carrying my 1911 IWB, but I'll occasionally wear a Galco Concealable. My reasons for doing so are mainly tied to the fact that my weight will fluctuate, and needless to say, my waist size as well. If I'm going out and have a pair of pants that's a little snug, it may be time to go OWB. It doesn't happen often, but I'm not about to leave my 1911 in the glove compartment.

As far as the holster itself goes, I'd rate it okay, and it could be an excellent buy depending opn the price you pay. After wearing mine occasionally for several years, it's stiffness has been diminished quite a bit (unlike a Sparks or Alessi holster). Re-holstering with one hand can be done, but I probably couldn't do it quickly. That said, the way the holster is contoured is excellent-it really draws the pistol snug into your body, and in doing so, conceals well. I'll never get rid of mine because of the weight thing, but I still prefer IWB. Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 9:09:36 AM EDT
[#5]
C-.TAC

I have two of these holsters, for my Xd's
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 9:31:58 AM EDT
[#6]
I've seen a lot of people praise the comp-tac ctac. To me, it looks like the kydex equivalent of the VM2. I think I'd prefer a leather holster for comfort and style, but I may end up trying out a ctac.

post 1911 btw.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 9:40:27 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I've seen a lot of people praise the comp-tac ctac. To me, it looks like the kydex equivalent of the VM2. I think I'd prefer a leather holster for comfort and style, but I may end up trying out a ctac.

I have a VMII for my Sig and a C-TAC for my G19. The C-TAC get much more use, but mostly because I have settled on the Glock as my everyday carry gun. As far as comfort goes, wear an undershirt tucked into your pants that goes between the holster and your body and you will be just fine. I recommend this for both a kydex or leather IWB holster.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 10:52:22 AM EDT
[#8]
The VMII is a great holster, but you really need to wear a jacket or untucked shirt with it as the belt loops are huge.  (I know, they make Kydex clips, but you ever tried to use them with jeans or thicker slacks?)

I have Fist Kydex and Galco Ultra Deep Cover for when I need to carry a 1911 concealed.

Hosters are kind of a personal choice thing though. You'll get it right eventually, but like most of us will have a drawer full of holsters by the time you do.

Good luck!

Ed
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 11:00:36 AM EDT
[#9]
I own Galco Leather and as earlier stated it 's a matter of preference.I like my S.O.B rig and sport belt for my G36 also when at the range I carry the Kimber in a Galco Conceable both Pistolas ride just fine
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 11:00:54 AM EDT
[#10]
I have  Galco leather IWB holster fitted for a G26, however it also accepts a G19, G17 and even a G34 since it's open at the bottom. I usually carry my 1911 in it, as a matter of  fact, and it fits perfectly.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top