Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/5/2006 3:09:38 PM EDT
I just got introduced to Battlestar Gallactica and was thinking about joining Netfilx in order to catch up with the previous episodes I have missed.  It looks like I would need to get:

2003 Miniseries

2004 Season 1

2005 Season 2.0 (first part)

Some if not all of these selections contain multiple discs.  How does Netflix handle that?  Do they send all of the discs at once and count it as one?  Do they send all of the discs at once and count them all (meaning I would need a subscription that allows more than 1 disc out at a time)?  Do they send the individual discs from each series one at a time?  Other?

By the way, I would also need to get the second half of the second season when it comes out.  Any rumors as to when that will be?

Link Posted: 3/5/2006 3:20:20 PM EDT
[#1]
with multiple disk selections they treat each disk as if it were a seperate movie.  I just finished the second season of miami vice... its a 6 disk selection... so three at a time. For tv series netflix works great.
jim
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 3:24:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, rideage.  Do they send out the individual discs within a set in order?
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 3:24:51 PM EDT
[#3]
You either select the entire series or each disk individulay (sp).

You also have to remember that the way these (and others) serires disks are not labeled the same way the commercial disks are.

The mini-series is on one disk.

Season one has 5 disks.
Disk #4 is missing.  

www.netflix.com/MovieDisplay?movieid=70021357&trkid=174831
Check this page out, you can add all or single.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 3:33:54 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Season one has 5 disks.
Disk #4 is missing.  

So, the Netflix version has all the content of the retail version, but disc #4 is "missing" because the episodes are arranged differently or compressed more?

Quoted:
www.netflix.com/MovieDisplay?movieid=70021357&trkid=174831
Check this page out, you can add all or single.

That's one of the pages I linked to in my first post.  Unfortunately, since I am not a member of Netflix at this point, when I look at that page I don't see the choices for how to add the selection (all or single).   All it shows is "Start your free trial now" (or words to that effect).

Thanks for your reply.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 3:35:26 PM EDT
[#5]
I thought of using them to get those too,

I think Blockbastard sends them all as one set with thier online thing.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 3:47:53 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

No, they send each series disc one at a time just as if it were a separate movie ... Same thing as NetFucks-Their-Long-Time-Customers-Over
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 3:57:53 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, they send each series disc one at a time just as if it were a separate movie ... Same thing as NetFucks-Their-Long-Time-Customers-Over

And they count the bonus disc too, fuckers.  Waste of my queue, but if you put them in there separately you are pretty much guaranteed to get them out of order and have to wait days to start watching disc 1.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 4:04:08 PM EDT
[#8]
And remember kiddies:

Netflix
DVD Shrink
DVD Fab
Nero
DVD 16+ speed burner
Blank DVD's
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 5:57:22 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
And remember kiddies:

Netflix
DVD Shrink
DVD Fab
Nero
DVD 16+ speed burner
Blank DVD's

You got it.  What pissed me off is the Magnum P.I. discs are double sidded "flippers", don't know about these others.  So I either have to shrink them down and go to the hassle to combine the two sides onto one disc, or end up burning twice as many discs as the original season had...
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 6:16:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top