Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/5/2006 12:38:07 PM EDT
Intrigued by tiengold's post I googled type 03 and all I got was this:

www.sinodefence.com/army/small_arms/type03rifle.asp

Too bad. Just think if the assault rifles of the world's two great Powers, doomed to fight each other to the death, were both derived from the FNC!
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 12:43:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Wish they could import them.  I'd buy one.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 12:45:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Looks like a 5.8mm Sig 550 knock off
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 12:47:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 12:49:13 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Something that China made is a knockoff?

Say it ain't so!

Sometimes their knockoffs perform better than what they "knock off" I love my 1911 and would love an M1A.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 12:52:29 PM EDT
[#5]
I'd buy one.

Max
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 12:52:59 PM EDT
[#6]

Looks cheap.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 12:55:56 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
www.sinodefence.com/army/small_arms/type03rifle1lg.jpg

Looks cheap.

Their is nothing to be gained in making a military rifle pretty, it is a tool function is primary.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 12:56:06 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Looks cheap.

you expect something else from china?
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 12:56:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Looks better than that Ghastly new Sig 55X at the SHOT show.

At least the Type 03 is not trying to be an AR.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 1:00:57 PM EDT
[#10]
If they sold them at $300 a pop, I'd buy a case.  
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 1:03:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Is it just me or is that scope mounted way to high?
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 1:05:04 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Something that China made is a knockoff?

Say it ain't so!

Sometimes their knockoffs perform better than what they "knock off" I love my 1911 and would love an M1A.

My friend has one of those Polytech M1As, and it shoots darn good.  When he bought it years ago, before the Clinton/Norinco import ban, it was something like $600US.  And of course he's also kicking himself for not getting the Norinco 1911.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 1:09:48 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Looks cheap.

Their is nothing to be gained in making a military rifle pretty, it is a tool function is primary.

Right, can you imagine using that in CQC and trying to hammer someone in the noodle with that paper folding stock?
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 1:14:38 PM EDT
[#14]
IBTILLTC-C

In Before The "It Looks Like Tapco Crap"Crowd

B_S
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 1:15:54 PM EDT
[#15]
When will it be available at my local ChinaMart?
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 3:30:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 3:36:57 PM EDT
[#17]
I thought they decided to go with some bullpup rifle.

-K
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 3:39:48 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Some people would buy rifles straight from al quaida if they could
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 3:42:19 PM EDT
[#19]
if it's like any other kind of chinese military equipment I've ever handled, i wouldnt worry about it.  it'll break after the first few shots.

i have NEVER had a chinese gun part work properly.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 3:45:14 PM EDT
[#20]
It's heritage is obvious, it screams AK at me.  Not that that's a bad thing.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 3:45:39 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
if it's like any other kind of chinese military equipment I've ever handled...

Link Posted: 3/5/2006 3:46:15 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:
if it's like any other kind of chinese military equipment I've ever handled...

I've learned my lesson.... i dont buy that shit anymore.  i pony up for the made in USA stuff
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 3:50:39 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Looks cheap.

you expect something else from china?

Have you ever handled a Chinese AK?
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 3:50:51 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Looks cheap.

Right, can you imagine using that in CQC and trying to hammer someone in the noodle with that paper folding stock?

Polymer stocks are often stronger then metal. And it’s not a club, it’s a gun; you know, bullets come out.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 3:51:41 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
I thought they decided to go with some bullpup rifle.

-K

The rifle received its design certificate in December 2003, but did not enter production.

They are still using the type 95-

Link Posted: 3/5/2006 3:52:20 PM EDT
[#26]
No heat sheilds on the handguard?
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 3:53:40 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
if it's like any other kind of chinese military equipment I've ever handled, i wouldnt worry about it.  it'll break after the first few shots.

That is a gross misrepresentation of Chinese firearms.  Chinese AK's and SKS's are known for their reliability and quality.  To say otherwise tells me that you have handled neither.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 3:57:58 PM EDT
[#28]
Looks like a typical ChiCom piece of shit to me.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 3:59:59 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That is a gross misrepresentation of Chinese firearms.  Chinese AK's and SKS's are known for their reliability and quality.  To say otherwise tells me that you have handled neither.

i never said i handled chinese GUNS, i said EQUIPMENT, meaning scopes, gear, ect.  without exception it was CRAP.

On top of that, I try to keep my major money in the US, and would NEVER buy a chinese gun at any price, at any quality.  i regret every dime I ever spent on any chinese gear
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 4:05:59 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh man, I'll have to disagree with you on this one.
My Chinese AK broke after only a thousand rounds. Pin broke and it turned into a uncontrolled slam fire full auto pile of junk. The hardness of the metal on that gun was close to swiss cheese. Maybe a little softer.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 4:34:17 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

i never said i handled chinese GUNS, i said EQUIPMENT, meaning scopes, gear, ect.  without exception it was CRAP.

On top of that, I try to keep my major money in the US, and would NEVER buy a chinese gun at any price, at any quality.  i regret every dime I ever spent on any chinese gear

Please clarify:

Was this actual Chinese gear as issued to Chinese forces, or just gear you bought that was made in China?
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 4:42:36 PM EDT
[#32]
are we now to argue over chinese crap?

Its all crap

F@ck China

and France too while I am at it!

Link Posted: 3/5/2006 4:42:43 PM EDT
[#33]
The Chinese can make functional pieces of shit just fine.  This new rifle of theirs looks like their entry into the conventional "precision" military individual infantry weapon.

If you want good optics, buy German.

If you want good wine, buy Italian.

If you want a powerful and robust 4X4 pickup, buy "American".

If you want a good precision combat rifle, dont buy Chinese.  

A Chi-Com SKS or AK variant I might think about, but anything beyond that inthe realm of firearms.... no way.  There are way too many other tried and true viable options out there.  
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 4:43:29 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
if it's like any other kind of chinese military equipment I've ever handled, i wouldnt worry about it. it'll break after the first few shots.

Link Posted: 3/5/2006 4:51:24 PM EDT
[#35]
In before the guy who will swear up and down that this is the greatest newest rifle that will replace the AR15/M16 style rifle forever.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 7:37:39 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

My Chinese AK broke after only a thousand rounds. Pin broke and it turned into a uncontrolled slam fire full auto pile of junk. The hardness of the metal on that gun was close to swiss cheese. Maybe a little softer.

If you research this topic, you will find that you are in the minority.  Inexpensive does not equal poor quality when it comes to Chinese AK's or SKS's.  They are no longer inexpensive due to import bans.  
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 7:42:01 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Talk about dumb quote of the day.....sheesh where to begin?
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 7:45:07 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you research this topic, you will find that you are in the minority.  Inexpensive does not equal poor quality when it comes to Chinese AK's or SKS's.  They are no longer inexpensive due to import bans.  

My poly-tech M14 is nicer than a springfield I had, and subsequently sold. My friends Norinco is great. All the Norincos I found in Iraq were of very high quality.

I like chinese guns fine, why would they be unable to make good firearms?
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 7:47:12 PM EDT
[#39]
I find it disturbing that this isn't sold at Wal-Mart.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 9:21:40 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Talk about dumb quote of the day.....sheesh where to begin?

Yep his credibility is now zero, shows hes never handled chinese weapons.  As far as buying a weapon from an enemy I really do not see a problem with capiotlism, to bad some elected dickhead said I cant.  Said dickhead was a Republican too.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 9:29:27 PM EDT
[#41]
Not impressed, at all.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 10:07:49 PM EDT
[#42]
As soon as Wolf 5.8 mm is available at the local gun show for under 80 bucks a case, I'll be the first kid on my block to own one...
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 10:17:59 PM EDT
[#43]
Weren't some expended 5.8mm cartridge cases found in the LA area?

Urban myth?
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 10:22:23 PM EDT
[#44]
I don't see how we're doomed to fight China, they can't get as far as Taiwan yet. We're a little further away.

Funny looking rifle, BTW.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 10:28:46 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Urban myth?

I think I heard about this.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 10:52:14 PM EDT
[#46]
Weird looking gun...wonder how it shoots?
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 12:02:59 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Urban myth?

www.amazon.com/gp/product/097492640X/103-2417190-5321434?v=glance&n=283155
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 3:27:37 AM EDT
[#48]
As soon as the chinese try to invade the US, alot of people will have one.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 3:30:50 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Urban myth?

I think I heard about this.

I heard it was in AZ along the border.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 3:42:00 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Looks cheap.

So uhm... when can we place our orders? J/K
5.8 is going to be hard to find in the US. China did make the T-97 a .223/5.56 export version of the 5.8 T-95, so I wouldn't doubt that if the T-03 went into production, China would make a 5.56 export model.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top