Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/5/2006 6:48:04 AM EDT
I have a package coming USPS Priority and got the tracking number so I could check on it's status. It was mailed 4 days ago adn it still says nothing except that it was accepted for shipping. It also took more than 24 hours after it was shipped before it showed that much. What a joke.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 6:49:38 AM EDT
[#1]
You mean delivery confirmation? It is designed to confirm delivery, USPS Express shipping has tracking on it iirc.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 6:50:31 AM EDT
[#2]
USPS is a joke.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 6:57:08 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
USPS is a joke.

So is UPS..at least you can tell by their tracking where either your package was stolen, opened and then stolen and re-sealed, damaged or just plain lost.

Link Posted: 3/5/2006 6:57:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Don't send anything USPS Priority Mail, first-class yes.  I recently had a USPS Priority Mailpackage sent to my my house via USPS by a friend, and it took the PO 25 days to get it to me.  USPS has some issues that need to be resolved.  This year during Xmas, I bought some cards, usually the USPS takes only 5-7 days, this year it took 3 weeks.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 7:01:03 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Don't send anything USPS Priority Mail, first-class yes.  I recently had a USPS Priority Mailpackage sent to my my house via USPS by a friend, and it took the PO 25 days to get it to me.  USPS has some issues that need to be resolved.  This year during Xmas, I bought some cards, usually the USPS takes only 5-7 days, this year it took 3 weeks.

WTF???
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 7:04:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Yeah,

I had a batch of money orders go lost for 12 days before the USPS priority mail envelope arrived. The website showed that it was sitting in some USPS depot the day after it was mailed...there it sat day after day.
 The guy at the counter said that it probably fell between some carts.

Talk about pissed off.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 7:07:37 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

WTF???

That is correct, I think MudFlapper and I have something in common, my friend got the tracking number and the system said that the package was sitting in a PO in Cerrito Calif(about 20 miles SE of Los Angeles).  My friend tried to go to the actual PO where the parcel was supposed to be at and was told by the USPS that it was out in a route BS.  All this time it was probably sitting in the USPS office.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 7:08:53 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Yeah,

I had a batch of money orders go lost for 12 days before the USPS priority mail envelope arrived. The website showed that it was sitting in some USPS depot the day after it was mailed...there it sat day after day.

Talk about pissed off.

Well, I am waiting for a pistol and I am going to raise hell if it takes that long to get it.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 7:10:13 AM EDT
[#9]
 It bites!

Anything involving money goes overnight if I can't  wait.  
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 7:14:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 7:16:00 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
USPS has DELIVERY CONFIRMATION, *not* "tracking."

-Troy

Also a big dupe.  We had this thread weeks ago!
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 7:21:44 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

-Troy

The email they sent me and the linked site to enter the number both say "track and confirm." Why would they send me, the recipient,  the info if it is only for delivery confirmation??? I can confirm delivery myself, when they hand me the damn package.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 7:25:30 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Yeah,

Talk about pissed off.

Well, I am waiting for a pistol and I am going to raise hell if it takes that long to get it.

Ah yes, the only major drawback to online buying, trusting the USPS not to lose a few hundred of my dollars, and then not to lose the gun when it gets sent.. I have 2 Money orders out now, and I'll be sweating until I get the emails telling me they have arrived, and then again when my stuff gets mailed.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 7:28:00 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

-Troy

Correct!

Confirms point A and Z with nothing in between.

In just may encourage accountability on the part of the individual handling the item.    

Cheap cattle prodding if you use Delivery Confirmation.

Link Posted: 3/5/2006 7:30:49 AM EDT
[#15]
I've actually had great success with Priority mail. In my experience it has been cheap, fast and reliable.

Bomber
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 7:31:43 AM EDT
[#16]
FedEx tracking works good. Plus you can see an acutal scan of the signature onlne when it's signed for.

I always save these to my PC, in case there is ever a denial the item was receoived. (hasn't happened yet).
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 7:31:56 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

-Troy

Then they should be sued for false advertising because if you pull up their website even for items that were shipped parcel post it says "Tracking and Confirmation".  

USPS is a joke.  I was expecting a package so I followed the "track and confirm" link they had sent me.  It stated the previous day an attempt to deliver was made and a notice was left except they didn't leave a notice.  So I sent the girlfriend down the next day with the package number to get it.  They told her she couldn't get it without the pink slip other wise I would have to get it in person.  They said they would issue a new pink slip and it would be dropped off the next day.  I took off work the next day because I really needed the item and wasn't going to wait for their little game anyway.  I check at home, nope no pink slip.  I go to the post office with the package number and they ask me for the pink slip.  I reply there wasn't one left.  Now a normal business would try to figure out why they failed to do their job not the USPS nope they lady said, oh I'll just fill out another one then.  Eventually I got my package the square box was given to me in the shape of a basketball ball.  The lady at the counter said if anything is damaged you will have to return with all the packaging materials.  No appologies for any of it.  USPS sucks.  At UPS gets me my packages mostly on time and leaves notices.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 7:33:31 AM EDT
[#18]
I am sure the USPS screws up like any other government entity, but I can say I have mailed 200+ packages and flat rate envelopes by Priority mail over the past three years and have never had one lost or delivered unusually late. I always use delivery confirmation, it keeps a lot of eBay buyers honest.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 7:33:53 AM EDT
[#19]
Man that's crazy. I will not use UPS to shit a turd. USPS rocks around here. I send everything I mail USPS. It has never taken over 5 business days for me to receive or ship anything with them. I sure as hell would use them long before FedEx or UPS, but that's just me.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 7:34:10 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I've actually had great success with Priority mail. In my experience it has been cheap, fast and reliable.

Bomber

Around here in Pensacola it seems to be hit or miss.  

Link Posted: 3/5/2006 7:42:28 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Bomber

Priority mail rocks. I've never had a problem using it in the last ten years. The tracking is a confirmation of when an item was shipped and when it was delivered. For some reason some packages do list additional tracking info though.  
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 7:47:14 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
FedEx tracking works good. Plus you can see an acutal scan of the signature onlne when it's signed for.

I always save these to my PC, in case there is ever a denial the item was receoived. (hasn't happened yet).

I agree. FedEx is much better than USPS or UPS.  FedEx tracking is very detailed and accurate.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 7:48:28 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Bomber

So have I, until 3 weeks ago. I paid for Priority Mail  with Delivery Confirmation on a Money Order for a EE transcation.

It took nearly 2 weeks to get there, with no explanition or anything.

I have mailed, I dunno, nearly 1000 things in the last 7 years, with the USPS. I have had this 1 item fracked up..it got there, but I assumed it was lost.

I cannot say that about UPS or FedEx.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 7:49:15 AM EDT
[#24]
Registered Mail.

Legend has it even the Hope Diamond was sent via this method once.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 7:50:02 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
USPS is a joke.

For anything other than regular mail you are 100% correct.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 7:50:16 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

-Troy

Also a big dupe.  We had this thread weeks ago!

A multi dupe-  we've actually had several threads on this same subject.

The usps web site explains it all. The only service that offers actual tracking is overnight with the post office. Everything else is just to confirm you gave it to the post office and that it was delivered.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 8:10:38 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I agree. FedEx is much better than USPS or UPS.  FedEx tracking is very detailed and accurate.

I just never tell them what I am shipping, just that it is not on their hazardous materials list, thats all they need to know per their policy. Never had problems shipping guns to an FFL for service.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 8:20:42 AM EDT
[#28]
Sometimes USPS does give additional tracking info. This item was sent at the special book/media rate which is very cheap but it usually takes two weeks or more to get to its destination.

Label/Receipt Number: xxxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xx

Detailed Results:

Delivered, January 25, 2006, 10:13 am, xxxxx, xx xxxxx
Arrival at Unit, January 25, 2006, 9:51 am, xxxxx, xx xxxxx
Enroute, January 23, 2006, 3:18 am, JERSEY CITY, NJ 07097
Enroute, January 16, 2006, 12:56 pm, DENVER, CO 80217
Acceptance, January 12, 2006, 4:14 pm, CLEARFIELD, UT 84016
Electronic Shipping Info Received *, January 11, 2006  
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 8:21:36 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bomber

Priority mail rocks. I've never had a problem using it in the last ten years. The tracking is a confirmation of when an item was shipped and when it was delivered. For some reason some packages do list additional tracking info though.  

I'd have to agree here.  I've never seen Priority Mail to be slower than UPS or Fed Ex, but instead, almost always faster.  I prefer it when ebay sellers use Priority Mail.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top