Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/5/2006 6:40:47 AM EDT
Iran's threatening full scale uranium enrichment and to use Oil as a weapon if referred to the Security Council.

clicky

Link Posted: 3/5/2006 6:55:43 AM EDT
[#1]
We've got all kinds of neat stuff we can provide them:

Uranium 238
Uranium 235
Tritium
Plutonium 239
Lithium 6

Plus, we offer free shipping in 28 minutes or less.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 7:02:21 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Uranium 238
Uranium 235
Tritium
Plutonium 239
Lithium 6

Is the product free if NOT delivered within 28 minutes?

HH
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 7:03:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Iran will be a harder nut to crack. Just wait and see.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 7:04:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Somebody is now very nervous after Bush's little vist to India....
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 7:04:54 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Iran's threatening full scale uranium enrichment and to use Oil as a weapon if referred to the Security Council.

Oh my God!! The dreaded oil bomb!
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 7:17:14 AM EDT
[#6]
I was supprised that they told their good friends the Russians to shove their "enrichment" offer this week.

They're pretty much giving everyone the bird.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 7:26:46 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:  Iran will be a harder nut to crack. Just wait and see.
The Iranians are going to get steamrolled by the US Military. They'll crack and fall apart like the Iraqis. The only differences are our troops will have to drive further because it's a bigger country and they've got hot Persian babes.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 7:31:25 AM EDT
[#8]
They need to get bombed into the stone age NOW, before they start a large-scale enrichment program
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 7:35:38 AM EDT
[#9]
More interesting reading

The man who for two years led Iran's nuclear negotiations has laid out in unprecedented detail how the regime took advantage of talks with Britain, France and Germany to forge ahead with its secret atomic programme.

In a speech to a closed meeting of leading Islamic clerics and academics, Hassan Rowhani, who headed talks with the so-called EU3 until last year, revealed how Teheran played for time and tried to dupe the West after its secret nuclear programme was uncovered by the Iranian opposition in 2002.

Iran has completed uranium enrichment equipment at Isfahan
He boasted that while talks were taking place in Teheran, Iran was able to complete the installation of equipment for conversion of yellowcake - a key stage in the nuclear fuel process - at its Isfahan plant but at the same time convince European diplomats that nothing was afoot.

"From the outset, the Americans kept telling the Europeans, 'The Iranians are lying and deceiving you and they have not told you everything.' The Europeans used to respond, 'We trust them'," he said.

Of course.

link
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 7:42:35 AM EDT
[#10]
Every literate person in the free world needs to read this :

www.amazon.com/gp/product/1400053684/qid=1141576309/sr=2-1/ref=pd_bbs_b_2_1/104-1615340-5174300?s=books&v=glance&n=283155

Iran is just stalling for time while performing full scale enrichment NOW at undeclared facilities that the worthless hacks at the IAEA { Blix and ElBaredi } don't want to admit has been going on for quite a period of time. There is a very good chance that Iran has already purchased a nuke or 2 from North Korea as they have been working hand in hand with them on their missles .

The above book details high level US intel failures and info withholding from high level US officials that has severely hurt US response to past Iranian transgressions that have led us to where we are today.  It will make your blood boil. Read it.

rj

Link Posted: 3/5/2006 7:43:25 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
They need to get bombed into the stone age NOW, before they start a large-scale enrichment program

Do we as a nation really have the stomach to do this? Don't get me wrong, we've got a lot of brave ARFCOM folks here, but as a Nation, do we have balls enough to really upset the apple cart in the middle east?

When would we attack? Sometime after the mid-term election? Before bush is out of office and Hillary takes over?

Does Bush have the authority to do it? Or would he need to get the support of the congress to do it?
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 7:49:48 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
"From the outset, the Americans kept telling the Europeans, 'The Iranians are lying and deceiving you and they have not told you everything.' The Europeans used to respond, 'We trust them'," he said.

Of course.

The real story is that the Euro's were selling them boat loads of nuke related goods and machine tools. Germany, France, Belgium, Switzerland, etc. They all made tons of money.  Now it turns out Iran is developing missiles that could reach Europe.  Stupid fools.  The mullahs are mad. They need to be very afraid.

rj
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 7:52:44 AM EDT
[#13]
Missiles aren't what the Euros need to fear.  When the leaders of Iran hand nukes over to terrorists and they use it to nuke a USA city, that's when the Euros will be worried.  Because if a post 9/11 USA gives them angst now, they haven't seen anything.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 7:53:12 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Do we as a nation really have the stomach to do this? Don't get me wrong, we've got a lot of brave ARFCOM folks here, but as a Nation, do we have balls enough to really upset the apple cart in the middle east?

When would we attack? Sometime after the mid-term election? Before bush is out of office and Hillary takes over?

Does Bush have the authority to do it? Or would he need to get the support of the congress to do it?

If she does win the Presidency, the only people she'll bomb are the people of this Great Nation.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 7:57:12 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The problem with Iran is that there are a HELL OF A LOT of Iranians [ most of them, probably ] that would be happy to see the mullahs gone. If there was ever a prime example of a country ripe for a regime change, Iran is it.  You notice who they do most of their deals with ??  China, North Korea, Russia. Other basically totalitarian regimes [ no matter what Russia tries to pitch themselves as lately ].

rj
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 7:59:04 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted: Do we as a nation really have the stomach to do this? Don't get me wrong, we've got a lot of brave ARFCOM folks here, but as a Nation, do we have balls enough to really upset the apple cart in the middle east?
The pansies in the USA won't be a big factor. Think about it, they can barely show up at the polling station on election day. They'll march a few blocks in protest, while wearing goofy costumes, hold up assinine signs, then they'll get tired and go back to snorting dope.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 8:02:58 AM EDT
[#17]
Mark my words, between now and June, 2007, we will be involved in a full-scale war with Iran.

1.5 years before OIF, my guess was within 3 months of when the war actually started.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 8:09:28 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Mark my words, between now and June, 2007, we will be involved in a full-scale war with Iran.

1.5 years before OIF, my guess was within 3 months of when the war actually started.

is there anything in particular that makes you think it occurs before June 07?
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 8:16:32 AM EDT
[#19]
That looks like a good book. My wife gets 20% at Barnes and Noble so I will have her pick it up.

Quoted:
Every literate person in the free world needs to read this :

www.amazon.com/gp/product/1400053684/qid=1141576309/sr=2-1/ref=pd_bbs_b_2_1/104-1615340-5174300?s=books&v=glance&n=283155

Iran is just stalling for time while performing full scale enrichment NOW at undeclared facilities that the worthless hacks at the IAEA { Blix and ElBaredi } don't want to admit has been going on for quite a period of time. There is a very good chance that Iran has already purchased a nuke or 2 from North Korea as they have been working hand in hand with them on their missles .

The above book details high level US intel failures and info withholding from high level US officials that has severely hurt US response to past Iranian transgressions that have led us to where we are today.  It will make your blood boil. Read it.

rj

Link Posted: 3/5/2006 8:41:37 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
That looks like a good book. My wife gets 20% at Barnes and Noble so I will have her pick it up.

Check the library, free .  Save money for ammo

rj
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 10:07:18 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I cant think of anything major except that both the Osprey and F-22 will get their first operational deployments at about that time.

But there will still be so few of both that it wont make much of a difference overall.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 10:15:58 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

They are reportedly capable of producing the bomb within 2 months...that can't and won't happen if the Israelis and U.S. can prevent it.

We're gonna damn well try...and it's going to happen by the end of May.

HH
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 10:22:14 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
They are reportedly capable of producing the bomb within 2 months years...

Fixed
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 11:38:16 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:
They are reportedly capable of producing the bomb within 2 months years...

Fixed

You have been force fed too much libtard "news" propaganda.  They are much farther along than that.  They have probably already purchased turnkey nukes from NK.  They just want to have more nuke tipped missiles ready before they show their hand.  

rj
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 3:22:16 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
You have been force fed too much libtard "news" propaganda.

Uh, no. Assuming Iran is going to produce weapons domestically, they are just starting the enrichment process. They need five times the number of centrifuges that they currently have installed at Natanz to start enriching enough uranium to produce a weapon.

They could reprocess the plutonium from Bushehr to make a bomb, but they currently have no means to reprocess that plutonium in meaningful quantities.

I guess they could buy a bomb from someone, but that would make this whole argument moot as they could be fitting the thing on a MRBM as we speak.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 3:31:04 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:
You have been force fed too much libtard "news" propaganda.

Uh, no. Assuming Iran is going to produce weapons domestically, they are just starting the enrichment process. They need five times the number of centrifuges that they currently have installed at Natanz to start enriching enough uranium to produce a weapon.

They could reprocess the plutonium from Bushehr to make a bomb, but they currently have no means to reprocess that plutonium in meaningful quantities.

I guess they could buy a bomb from someone, but that would make this whole argument moot as they could be fitting the thing on a MRBM as we speak.

Have we accouted though for ALL their facilities though?  Last report I saw, was that the IAEA listed 16 sites where nuclear weapons work, or parts of it, could be conducted.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 3:32:16 PM EDT
[#27]
www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,186850,00.html

John Bolton, the U.S. ambassador to the United Nations, said Sunday there was an urgent need to confront Iran's "clear and unrelenting drive" for nuclear weapons.

Iran "must be made aware that if it continues down the path of international isolation, there will be tangible and painful consequences," Bolton told the conference of the American Israel Public Affairs Committee.

w00t!
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 3:37:39 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

The Iranians are going to get steamrolled by the US Military. They'll crack and fall apart like the Iraqis. The only differences are our troops will have to drive further because it's a bigger country and they've got hot Persian babes.

Link Posted: 3/5/2006 3:38:47 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Except for the babes part he is probably right, why the rolleyes?
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 3:40:41 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Except for the babes part he is probably right, why the rolleyes?

The babes part is about the only thing he got right.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 3:40:47 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They are reportedly capable of producing the bomb within 2 months...that can't and won't happen if the Israelis and U.S. can prevent it.

We're gonna damn well try...and it's going to happen by the end of May.

HH

Well, like I said, it will happen between NOW and June, 07.

It could be sooner.  As soon as May or June '06.

Link Posted: 3/5/2006 3:44:04 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It will happen before mid-'07 mainly because you cannot piss off the entire world for very long before you get bitch slapped.

It's all about the way the tension builds.  Same thing with OIF.  Starting about 2 years before the war things started to look bleak and it was obvious we would be going to war.

Iran is far enough along with their nuclear program that we won't have any choice but to attack between now and mid-'07.  It would surprise the hell out of me if we waited later than that.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 3:44:53 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Have we accouted though for ALL their facilities though?  Last report I saw, was that the IAEA listed 16 sites where nuclear weapons work, or parts of it, could be conducted.

Probably not, but there are only so many facilities that are capable of enriching uranium or plutonium. Assuming that they have some super secret unground base with 50,000 centrifuges pumping out HEU, what is the point of all this international bluster? A year ago, no one cared about Iran; now they are on everyone's radar. If they had the means to produce large quantities of HEU, I would think they would shutup, play nice with the white devils, and wait for the finished product.

One morning, we'd all wake up to hear the news of a nuclear explosion in Alamogordo, Iran.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 3:47:31 PM EDT
[#34]
Isn't the cascading centrifuge process very labor and machine intensive? Do they actually have the equipment and manpower to successfully enrich Uranium to weapons grade level consistently? It is just so bizarre that a nation that has no significant manufacturing capability can do this. I mean they can't even manufacture cars, complicated military equipment, replacement parts for sophisticated aircraft bought from other countries, ect... . How can they do this enrichment that is way beyond much simpler manufacturing processes? Thought there was a huge leap from energy grade to weapons grade materials. The N. Koreans/ Pakis/ Indians have the capability now but the level of skill/ equipment/ finances still would limit they're ability to produce quickly, efficiently or in quantity. Would think that this would be overwhelming for a country of limited means maufacturing/ trained personnel/ experience wise. I guess what I'm asking are the Iranians really capable or is this another N. Korean ploy of extortion? Am I way off base here?
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 10:06:34 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Probably not, but there are only so many facilities that are capable of enriching uranium or plutonium. Assuming that they have some super secret unground base with 50,000 centrifuges pumping out HEU, what is the point of all this international bluster? A year ago, no one cared about Iran; now they are on everyone's radar. If they had the means to produce large quantities of HEU, I would think they would shutup, play nice with the white devils, and wait for the finished product.

One morning, we'd all wake up to hear the news of a nuclear explosion in Alamogordo, Iran.

Frankly I expect to read about Iran detonating a bomb every time I turn on my computer.

Our intelligence services have been so wrong for so long when dealing with Islamic countries, I dont trust them beyond the general agreement that Iran is working on nukes.  When they start talking about how far along they are I cant trust them.  That leads me to lean toward worse case scenereos

If the CIA had a better track record I would be more inclined to that they are still rather far away.

On the other hand, I tend also to beleve the exile comunity that the Iranian goverment has to talk up their position, instead of just being quiet, denying everything and just surprising the world when its ready, because they are NOT in a very good internal security position.  The purges in the goverment of late and the transfer of some defense and police powers to the milita seem to give credence to the exiles statements.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 10:13:13 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Uranium 238
Uranium 235
Tritium
Plutonium 239
Lithium 6

Is the product free if NOT delivered within 28 minutes?

HH

Its free either way.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 11:16:00 AM EDT
[#37]
The Mullah's Nuclear Saruman
by Trent Telenko on March 6, 2006 01:42 PM

The Ents shall hear of this!
That was the start of an e-mail sent to me this morning on Iranian efforts to hide their nuclear secrets. It seems that there is nothing the Mullahs of Iran will not stoop too, even stealing a page from the Lord of the Rings, and playing Saruman vs. the Ents. According to an article titled Teheran park 'cleansed' of traces from nuclear site , the mayor of Teheran, Mohamed Baker Khalibaf -- The Nuclear Saruman -- ordered 7,000 trees near the Teheran's Lavizan nuclear complex to be cut down to prevent their leaves and small branches for being tested for traces of highly enriched uranium or plutonium.

This is some of what the article said:

One of the IAEA's key concerns has been the government's conduct over the Lavizan complex. The IAEA only became aware of its existence after Iranian exiles provided details of its location at a military base in Teheran in 2003.
Iran was accused of using the facility to conduct research into nuclear enrichment, and Israeli military officials claimed that the prototypes of four nuclear warheads were also stored at the site.

Western intelligence officials believe the site was deliberately situated in a major population area to make it more difficult for the United States and Israel, which are determined to prevent Iran developing nuclear weapons, from carrying out pre-emptive air strikes.

The Iranians responded to the exiles' disclosure by razing the complex in 2004 before IAEA inspectors could conduct a full investigation.

To ensure that no incriminating traces of nuclear activity were found, they even ploughed the site and removed six inches of topsoil.

Despite these efforts, IAEA inspectors still found traces of enriched uranium in soil collected from the site. Intelligence officials concluded that the traces came from nuclear equipment acquired from Dr A Q Khan, the "father" of Pakistan's nuclear bomb.

Recent tests in the area by scientists working for the Atomic Energy Agency of Iran (AEOI) showed unusually high concentrations of uranium contamination in the leaves and branches of trees surrounding the site. The scientists unanimously recommended that preparations should be made in case IAEA inspectors decided to conduct further visits.

Two points from that passage for you to consider. The first is the ruthlessness of the Mullah regime using the population of its capitol city as hostages against American air strikes. The second is that from traces of nuclear material, a nuclear forensic investigation can show much about how it came be enriched and by what processes.

We will see how close to the atomic bomb the Iranians are soon enough. The count down to the Iranian nuclear test proceeds apace. The same exiles that revealed the Lavizan nuclear complex predict that they will test a nuclear weapon March 20th, the Iranian new year.

If that prediction bears out, I guarantee the New Year after it will not be happy for anyone.

« ok, I'm done now

Direct Link | Comments (1) | TrackBacks (2) | Printer-Friendly | E-mail This
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 11:33:59 AM EDT
[#38]
Dibs on the rugs.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 11:39:40 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Uranium 238
Uranium 235
Tritium
Plutonium 239
Lithium 6

+1
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 11:46:00 AM EDT
[#40]
they want nukes. i say sell them some. they wanna join the club. come on in. here you go... you be all growed up now and on your own.. only problem is, misuse these interesting items and you will cease to exist.

sell them some old nukes too big for tactical and nothing thermonuclear  of course. no strings attached.

you gonna pull them pistols or whistle dixie?

winter is coming...
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 11:58:24 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Our intelligence services have been so wrong for so long when dealing with Islamic countries, .

Not only wrong, but also willfully withholding information they have and dismissing info dug up by others.   Some CIA hacks have needed to be hanged by us !!

rj
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:06:22 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
On the other hand, I tend also to beleve the exile comunity that the Iranian goverment has to talk up their position, instead of just being quiet, denying everything and just surprising the world when its ready, because they are NOT in a very good internal security position.

This is the only logical conclusion. The only way you can get the Iranian people to back their government is for the people to feel that they are being oppressed by the West. It is a smart strategy for the mullahs assuming that the West does not call their bluff...
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:15:01 PM EDT
[#43]
This will be an Indian-Iranian war.  Indian nukes and ground forces against the best human-wave attacks persia has to offer.

Why do you think Bush went to India?  This will be India's coming-out party as a grown-up nation willing to take serious responsibility in its region and the world.

Bush did say outsourcing would be painful.  He was talking to the Iranians.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 8:32:06 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
This will be an Indian-Iranian war.  Indian nukes and ground forces against the best human-wave attacks persia has to offer.

Why do you think Bush went to India?  This will be India's coming-out party as a grown-up nation willing to take serious responsibility in its region and the world.

Bush did say outsourcing would be painful.  He was talking to the Iranians.

have you looked at a map recently      

Islamic Pakistan & Afghanistan might have an opinion about that

Bush went to India(and excused their illegal nuclear program)  because of China !
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 8:45:49 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

I would not be so sure. Iranians are NOT the Iraqis, but much more harder to beat.

Their F14s are still in combat conditions.

In the bloody Iran-Irak war, eight years slaughtering each others, the Iranians were even gas-bombed, resupplied with weapons by USSR, gathered intelligence with CIA collaboration (until Reagan cancelled the CIA intelligence support to Irak...).

Despite this, Iran was WINNING the war...

THEY ARE NOT ARABS...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top