Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/4/2006 10:27:16 PM EDT
I have noticed that when I'm at a party of non gun people and I'm sitting there daydreaming and I suddenly say something like "have you ever shot a 9mm at a phone book" and the room goes silent I start to think that maybe I'm going crackers, has this happened to you, and if so are you like me and sitting there thinking to yourself "maybe they're right", is this just nuts.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 10:29:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Not at all.

Shooting phone books is more fun than going to a party with lame people.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 10:30:52 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm with ya.

Here are my everyday thought priorities:

1. Sex
2. Shooting stuff
3. Sex and Shooting stuff
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 10:30:54 PM EDT
[#3]
You are crazy.  Milk jugs full of water or ice is much more fun.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 10:31:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Dude everytime I go to a party the music ends up getting scratched off the air.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 10:33:16 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I'm with ya.

1. Sex
2. Shooting stuff

Yeah, me too, bangin' booty and shooting things occupies most of my grey matter, I guess that's what I'm talking about.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 10:33:32 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I'm with ya.

1. Sex
2. Shooting stuff

I would like to have sex while shooting stuff.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 10:34:04 PM EDT
[#7]
You're not a true firearms enthusiast until some uneducated fool calls you a psycho or nutjob
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 10:34:20 PM EDT
[#8]
By "average" societal standards, yes we are crazy...

Big deal, it's America!
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 10:35:24 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'm with ya.

1. Sex
2. Shooting stuff

Not going to look for the Mini-14?? sex video
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 10:42:27 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I have noticed that when I'm at a party of non gun people and I'm sitting there daydreaming and I suddenly say something like "have you ever shot a 9mm at a phone book" and the room goes silent I start to think that maybe I'm going crackers, has this happened to you, and if so are you like me and sitting there thinking to yourself "maybe they're right", is this just nuts.

Yeah. Suddenly blurting out anything utterly unrelated to the ongoing conversation at a party is pretty socially retarded.  

"I'm not wearing underpants! 20 minutes until Wapner!"

Link Posted: 3/4/2006 10:45:42 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
By "average" societal standards, yes we are crazy...

Big deal, it's America!

Yeah, your right, big deal, but it does suck to venture into the rest of the world and be wondering if you could shoot a cock roach offhand with a .308 at sixty feet when someone says they have ants in their house.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 10:50:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 10:52:41 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

This happens all the time to me.  Not even just at parties, just life in general.  I think about three things, in this order: Track&Field, Firearms(including "destructive devices"), and girls.  In highschool I was "odd" for it, in the military I was "too hooah hooah", and now in college I am "that psycho gun guy who shoots instead of attending church every sunday".  Eh, I go to a church school.

-Ben
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 10:54:51 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Good thing you didn't talk about Tanneritie.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 10:56:27 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'm with ya.

1. Sex
2. Shooting stuff

Some places havemade that illegal, like we don't have the right to protect ourselves while bangin'
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 10:57:25 PM EDT
[#16]
I shot a .50 cal for the first time recently and couldn't help but tell a friend later that night at a (college) party and the damn room went silent.

Sheep, the whole lot of them!

- BG
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 10:57:31 PM EDT
[#17]
People seem to think I'm paranoid for preparing for the worst. They'll ask me what I need all this stuff for and I'll list every kind of disaster I can think of. They always say "That can't happen here."
Fine go be the grasshopper, I'll be the ant.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 11:01:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
People seem to think I'm paranoid for preparing for the worst. They'll ask me what I need all this stuff for and I'll list every kind of disaster I can think of. They always say "That can't happen here."

I seem to have heard that Japanese Imperialists eat grasshoppers...

-Ben

Link Posted: 3/4/2006 11:01:22 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Good thing you didn't talk about Tanneritie.

Yeah, I can just see it now, "another glass of wine Mr.xxx, yes certainly, can you imagine what a bottle of tannerite would do to your wine cellar? you would be pickin' glass shards from your ass for a-uhhhmm, yeah, just bring me another drink please"
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 11:06:23 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
"I'm not wearing underpants! 20 minutes until Wapner!"

Link Posted: 3/4/2006 11:07:28 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Quoted:

-Ben

More of a reason to be an ant.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 11:14:33 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

-Ben

More of a reason to be an ant.

My point exactly kind sir.  An ARFCOM Ant if you will. Or perhaps an Army Ant.  

-Ben
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 12:45:20 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
You're not a true firearms enthusiast until some uneducated fool calls you a psycho or nutjob

I don't think anyone's ever had the courage to say that to my face...
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 12:48:22 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't think anyone's ever had the courage to say that to my face...

+1

I get the "If your're gonna shoot up the place, i'm your friend....right?"  all to often
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 12:50:46 AM EDT
[#25]
When you're as big and good looking as I am, people tend to think of whatever I say about guns as awesome and totally badass.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 1:02:01 AM EDT
[#26]
crazy people never wonder if they're crazy.....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top