Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/4/2006 9:54:04 PM EDT
Human Microchips  General Interest  
03/03/2006  
Many businesses for security reasons now have badges that are read by a scanner allowing access into a building. All it takes is a quick swipe of the card to get into where you want to go. But soon, this technology may no longer be in your pocket, but in your hand.

Small microchips called radio frequency identifiers are being inserted into people's hands and can be tracked by receivers allowing those monitoring to know exactly what you're doing. Sounds Sci-Fi? It’s not...it's now reality.

In the Seattle area more than eight people have had RFID chips put into their hands since March of 2005. One man from Bellingham uses the RFID chips to open his apartment, his car door and start his computer. He’s had two inserted within the past year, one in his right hand...another in his left.

"It didn't hurt at all. I had a little bit of numbing put in just before, so I didn't feel anything before, during or after” said Amal Graaftra. "I don't even feel it and often I forget I even have them."

Doctors use a hypodermic device to insert the RFID chip under the skin. But, there are those speaking out against receiving RFID chips, because they say it can lead to the public losing their rights.

Liz McIntyre, co-author of Spychips; How Major Corporations and Government Plan to Track Your Every Move With RFID says, "The unique numbering of human beings is a pre-cursor to monitoring human beings and of course once you can monitor human beings, you can control human beings and I don't think any of us want to be tracked, monitored and controlled."

Whatever your thought on this issue, the fact is that this technology is here. No longer a subject of the future, taboo or not, now in the present, we must face a world with new technologies.

Link Posted: 3/4/2006 9:55:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Mark of the beast.

I am pretty sure this is a DUPE, but since you are new, I will forgive it just this once
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 9:56:42 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Mark of the beast.

I am pretty sure this is a DUPE, but since you are new, I will forgive it just this once

It was in my local paper...
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 9:58:16 PM EDT
[#3]
You will learn alot about rights being taken away here on this site. And news is pretty much posted here before FOX picks it up.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 9:59:25 PM EDT
[#4]
I've got a microchip.

All the cool people are doing it.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 10:41:26 PM EDT
[#5]
          NEW WORLD ORDER!!
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 10:45:14 PM EDT
[#6]
BEWARE THE NANOBOTS!!!

Link Posted: 3/4/2006 10:51:48 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
BEWARE THE NANOBOTS!!!

members.cox.net/themacallan/nanobot2_.JPG

My mother-in-law works at a company here in the Palo Alto area, she gives me all the up a coming crazy shit they are coming out with. Sit back and watch the world be taken over by survaillance zealots. All of your freedoms will be totally pointless in another 15 years.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 10:54:29 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
BEWARE THE NANOBOTS!!!

My mother-in-law works at a company here in the Palo Alto area, she gives me all the up a coming crazy shit they are coming out with. Sit back and watch the world be taken over by survaillance zealots. All of your freedoms will be totally pointless in another 15 years.

Your mother-in-law is already infested with nanobots.

Link Posted: 3/4/2006 10:58:13 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
BEWARE THE NANOBOTS!!!

INVASION OF THE BODY SNATCHERS
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 10:59:15 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
BEWARE THE NANOBOTS!!!

INVASION OF THE BODY SNATCHERS

Umm... no - that's science fiction.

I'm talking about nanobots.

Sheesh.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 11:04:24 PM EDT
[#11]

INVASION OF THE BODY SNATCHERSUmm... no - that's science fiction.

I'm talking about nanobots.

Sheesh.

I had dinner with her tonight, and she gave me the rundown with their china connection. Basically china is already way past us in nano development. A year ago she would laugh at me when I would say china was a military threat. Well lets just say she has done a 180.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 11:13:43 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I had dinner with her tonight, and she gave me the rundown with their china connection. Basically china is already way past us in nano development. A year ago she would laugh at me when I would say china was a military threat. Well lets just say she has done a 180.

China is a true sleeping-giant.

They haven't gotten militarily involved in anything in the past 30 years, they've just gotten bigger. When they finally do move on Taiwan (and they will) it'll be over fast and furious and we won't be able to do dick about it.

China is also very close to Iran and growing even closer. A huge oil deal China has with Iran will keep us out of Iran.

Link Posted: 3/4/2006 11:23:01 PM EDT
[#13]
I want to get my DUPE implant chip....
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 12:44:19 AM EDT
[#14]
And then there's this:

http://www.modbee.com/24hour/opinions/story/3207984p-11923376c.html
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top