Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/4/2006 9:53:11 PM EDT
Alright,
My Lady has been sick for 4 days now with a horrible Cough.
just a dry cough.

On Thursday Night I took her to the ER cuz she was coughing every 60 to 90 seconds and gagging.

They sent her home with an Albuterol inhaler.
She is not Asthmatic, but they said it would help.
It did but only for about 4 hours.  After Re-Dosing it was continually ineffective.

Friday wore on.. and then sure as shit Friday eveneing she got into one of those couging fits again.
I took her back to the ER and they said she was comming down with Bronchitis, and set her up on
Cough Medicine & Antibiotics.

It is now Saturday evening, and she is still horribly ill.
I am hoping this clears up soon.

Anyone had this partiular incident with Bronchitis?

PS I have been MR nice guy now for 4 days, but my patiences is begining to run thin.. am I horrible?
How long do I have to be nice for.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 9:54:59 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

PS I have been MR nice guy now for 4 days, but my patiences is begining to run thin.. am I horrible?
How long do I have to be nice for.

To your wife? Until she's no longer your wife.

To the medical staff? Until you think their actions or inaction could cause your wife harm.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 9:57:37 PM EDT
[#2]
if it's a cold or flu, it's a viral infection, and no ammount of meds will fix it.  it sucks, but it's just something that has to be sat out.

as for being nice: you can take a break and go to the range or something if you need to blow off steam. it's not nice to be mean to sick people
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 10:13:42 PM EDT
[#3]
My Girlfriend of 6 years..
Practically my wife.
we are young though.. so no commitment comments.

She is a good girl,
i know she would do the same.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 10:16:47 PM EDT
[#4]
http://www.whoopingcough.net/

check out this page.  My dad had this this year, and the doctors didn't diagnose it right.  I hope she dosen't have it, but it is worth looking into.  There are some sound bytes of the cough sounds too.  
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 10:21:59 PM EDT
[#5]
HOly hell,
This sounds exaclty like what she has..
I spose I should tell the Phasician
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 10:27:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Man, I hope things turn out alright.
I hate to be a downer, but, I had viral pneumonia for 3 months last winter. I was starting to contemplate life, the universe and everything.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 10:30:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Im sure she has only had it for 4 days now,
and already threw her self off the balcony twice...

No i only kid,
I feel so bad because there is little I can Do.
I am the type of guy who likes  to "nip it in the Butt"
But i cant you know.

I spose i will keep being supportive, and making her confortable
because according to the website whoopingcough.net
there really aint shit you can do accept be on meds to suppress the symptoms.

She is already on those
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 10:30:43 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
HOly hell,

I am really sorry to hear that.  

Call him, have him look at the site.  I will tell you now, be prepared for the long haul.  This is gonna last about 90 days.  This is contagious, have her get on zythromax, as it will kill the bug.  However the coughing fits will last.  

Link Posted: 3/4/2006 10:39:24 PM EDT
[#9]
The ER
has already put her on that
She has a5 day supply.

So she is on her way.

Its just too bad because the Cough Syrp has Codine in it and Puts her Out of It.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 1:47:34 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
http://www.whoopingcough.net/

check out this page.  My dad had this this year, and the doctors didn't diagnose it right.  I hope she dosen't have it, but it is worth looking into.  There are some sound bytes of the cough sounds too.  

HOly hell,

I'm sorry, but neither of you are professional enough to use a Glock Foh-tee.

(Sorry, just a reference to the recent "physicians are all infallible gods and you mere mortals are incompetent welfare fuckers" threads.)
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 1:55:13 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
The ER
has already put her on that
She has a5 day supply.

So she is on her way.

Its just too bad because the Cough Syrp has Codine in it and Puts her Out of It.

Last January, my Wife had pneumonia (IIRC). She was prescribed Codiene cough syrup, took it for a few days and was better.

A couple weeks later, I started feeling pretty rough. Almost the same symptoms she had. So, in one of my moments of divine intelligence, I decide I'm going to take her cough syrup, because it was obviously pneumonia I got from my wife.
I look on the bottle, and it directs 2 teaspoons every 6 hours. I get in the silverware drawer, look at the tablespoons, and figure, "Hell, thats two teaspoons".

After a couple days of taking the medicine in the evening and sleeping from after dinner until an hour after my alarm was set to go off in the morning, I tell my wife about it.

Turns out, I was almost double-dosing the cough syrup. One Tablespoon equals 3.5 teaspoons.  
Thats some pretty wicked shit.    
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 7:35:06 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
My Girlfriend of 6 years..
Practically my wife.
we are young though.. so no commitment comments.

She is a good girl,
i know she would do the same.

Well, just wait until people start jumping in and telling you that 6 years is long enough and you need to shit or get off the pot because you're just leading her on.

As far as playing doctor goes, I'm never too old for that! I've got a stethoscope and a sphygmomanometer (). If you'll reference the handcuff thread you'll see what I've got for non-compliant patients. Now I just need one of those mirror things to go on my head and a speculum....

Other than that, good luck with your sickie.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top