Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/4/2006 9:26:06 PM EDT
Is it something you are just born with?  I have to admit, some of their "work" is pretty good, considering it is done with spray paint.  Do they have formal training of some sort?  
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 9:28:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Not sure, but they must have  a few people doing it at one time.

Some of the designs look like they take a while and on some streets that are busy, you'd think they'd get caught.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 9:28:51 PM EDT
[#2]
A lot of them mock their stuff up in sketchbooks first.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 9:31:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Some of it is pretty incredible.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 9:36:07 PM EDT
[#4]
I can barely write my own name using spray paint without it looking like crap....

Some of these guys got it down to an art form.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 9:37:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Genetics...

and practice
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 9:38:25 PM EDT
[#6]
I airbrush some, and it isn't that hard.  It is just a matter of alot of practice, and deciding exactly what you want to do beforehand.  After that, pinstriping, airbrush, graffitti, it isn't that bad.  
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 9:42:03 PM EDT
[#7]
they practice on the side of your car
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 9:48:35 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I airbrush some, and it isn't that hard.  It is just a matter of alot of practice, and deciding exactly what you want to do beforehand.  After that, pinstriping, airbrush, graffitti, it isn't that bad.  

Airbrushing is not that hard, but try it with a rattle can.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 9:50:08 PM EDT
[#9]
They practice on railroad cars.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 9:55:00 PM EDT
[#10]
These probably make a big difference over the standard Krylon nozzle.

Takes talent and practice, but like anything having the right tools helps.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 9:57:14 PM EDT
[#11]
I saw this on a wall in North Huntsville, Al.

THE UKNO  THE UNOK THE UNKNOWNS

Publik skool iz greet!
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 9:57:54 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I saw this on a wall in North Huntsville, Al.

THE UKNO  THE UNOK THE UNKNOWNS

Publik skool iz greet!

Huked ouwn foniks wurked fer hiim.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 11:17:20 PM EDT
[#13]
I have a few friends who were really good at that and still do it on occasion. Both of them have really strong artistic backgrounds and have been drawing for a long time. They will spot a good location for a piece of work, then design something on paper specifically  for the space. They then go buy all the various colors they will need. They lay down a base outline of their design.  Next they go back over their outline and fill in with color being careful not to spray too thick so it doesnt form any runs in the paint. A few hours later they have a nice 6' by 8' mural.
James

BTW I do not condone this behavior
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top