Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/4/2006 8:36:43 PM EDT
I've been doing a bit of traveling lately and have noticed that whether I am in a public restroom in Idaho, Oregon, Colorado, etc., every hand dryer has had the cryptic instructions altered in the same way.  There are drawings instructing the user how to operate the machines.  Every one I've ever used has had the first drawing showing a hand pushing the button altered (usually scratched) to make it look like a finger going up someone's ass.  Then someone writes "wipe hands on pants" for the last step.

Has anyone else seen this?  Could it be the same person doing this nationwide?
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 8:39:10 PM EDT
[#1]
IBTP
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 8:40:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Lol, never that exact picture, but they are usually scratched on. Here is the best way to use a gas sation restroom.

1. Piss
2. Wash hands
3. Kick the shit out of the hand dryer because it is worthless.
4. Without touching anything, walk out to the gas pumps and tear a paper towel out of the window washer station.
5. Dry hands

Ever walk in on someone actually vandalizing the bathroom? I never have.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 8:41:34 PM EDT
[#3]
I know what you're talkin about....some people are queers and just gotta write on shit. Kinda like railroad cars: do they all have grafitti on them? Why don't they spray them with Grafitti at the factory and just cut out the middle man? Some questions will never be answered
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 8:48:29 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
IBTP

If there is to be a poll. Then Poll-Fu = Weak.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 8:52:50 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I've been doing a bit of traveling lately and have noticed that whether I am in a public restroom in Idaho, Oregon, Colorado, etc., every hand dryer has had the cryptic instructions altered in the same way.  There are drawings instructing the user how to operate the machines.  Every one I've ever used has had the first drawing showing a hand pushing the button altered (usually scratched) to make it look like a finger going up someone's ass.  Then someone writes "wipe hands on pants" for the last step.

I think it has just caught on over time. I have seen the "wipe on pants" instructions for at least 10 years around here.

Those hand dryers have got to be one of the most successful useless inventions in history.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 8:55:55 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Bathroom vandals are often inspired by others.  The proper model is probably more akin to the spread of a communicable disease (exponential growth starting with a "patient zero") than the work of one person.

Either that, or the "toilet tennis" guy is an international traveler with access to some odd places.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 8:57:46 PM EDT
[#7]
My brother used to piss on those things every chance he got...
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 9:10:38 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think it has just caught on over time. I have seen the "wipe on pants" instructions for at least 10 years around here.

Those hand dryers have got to be one of the most successful useless inventions in history.

Probably supplied free by the power company.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 9:11:11 PM EDT
[#9]
LOL....ya, and the same guy is writing on all the mirrors.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 9:16:39 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Yes...It was me, I confess...I am sorry.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 9:17:08 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Ever walk in on someone actually vandalizing the bathroom? I never have.

That's because they come that way. I used to build public restrooms. We had a crew with the sole responsibility to damage the fixtures, write the grafitti and dirty the place up. It's all covered in the public restroom building codes. That's why they all look the same.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 9:19:57 PM EDT
[#12]
What about the gay voyeurs?

In rest areas the men's restrooms often have urinals next to the toilet stalls. Frequently there is a hole in the stall wall next to the urinal where gay guys sit and look through the hole at men urinating
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 9:42:22 PM EDT
[#13]
The best one I ever saw was in school.
A small sign that said: "For a short speech from President Marshall, Press button".
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top