Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/4/2006 6:47:02 PM EDT
I am.

I realized this after buying another gun today (an M1 carbine, yay!).  I've never sold a gun.  The thought of selling a gun triggers a visceral physical reaction not too different than someone scraping their nails on chalkboard.  Anyone else relate?
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:48:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Nope.

I have a few constants (AR, 9mm pistol of some sort), but other than that, I enjoy buying something, playing with it for a while, then selling it and getting something else.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 7:05:36 PM EDT
[#2]

I've only sold one gun, ever.  A POS Ruger .270 that misfired too often.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 7:09:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Yep I confess. I buy and hoard ammo and guns. I sell one every now and then but just to provide funds for the next one I buy. My wife was getting pissed and I told her if I kicked the bucket she should be happy with all the guns and ammo she could sell.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 7:15:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Kudos for using hoard instead of horde

That's a pet peeve of mine, people seem to always use the words the wrong way around.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 7:18:48 PM EDT
[#5]
I never sell anything, so I guess I'm a hoarder.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 7:20:24 PM EDT
[#6]
I hoard my precious bodily fluids.

Since I got married, my wife appears to have no use for them anymore.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 7:21:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Thats not bad wanting to buy guns after guns. Whats sad is people who can't throw out newspapers and old magazines or people with 30 cats.

Link Posted: 3/4/2006 7:26:15 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I hoard my precious bodily fluids.

Since I got married, my wife appears to have no use for them anymore.

Link Posted: 3/4/2006 7:29:18 PM EDT
[#9]
I wish I could hoard guns, or rather, I wish I did in the past. What I have now will never leave me. But when I think of the guns I sold in the past, to finance other guns or something else, it just makes me want to drink. Well, drink more, anyway.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 7:38:50 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Nope.

I have a few constants (AR, 9mm pistol of some sort), but other than that, I enjoy buying something, playing with it for a while, then selling it and getting something else.

That's me.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 7:39:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Trade up.  
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 7:46:13 PM EDT
[#12]
I have never sold a gun either.  

Yes, I'm a hoarder.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 7:55:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Only sold one, a Kel-Tec carbine...
Just didn't like it.
Bought and 870 Police with the cash from it.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 7:59:18 PM EDT
[#14]
I've bought and sold plenty of guns. I've purchased many simply because the deal was too good to pass up. Most of the time, I sell those, turn a tidy profit and buy something I want.

I have no problem selling a firearm other than an heirloom or keepsake. I own my guns, they don't own me.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 8:01:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Are you a whoreder?

Do you hoard whores?
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 8:11:40 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Are you a whoreder?

Do you hoard whores?

damn it!! I was gonna say I whored myself last night.  
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 8:12:01 PM EDT
[#17]
I have a horde of minions.  They will lay sword to anyone I deem.  They are at my beck and call to pillage and hoard.  If I want to dally then they will have gone and whored.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 8:58:21 PM EDT
[#18]
I am.  Everytime I try to justify buying a gun to my girlfriend or my parents by saying, hell I can re sale it for for I put in it, they allways say "YOU WILL NEVER SELL  A GUN!" which is true, I've never sold one, but it might happen one day.  
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 9:16:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Never sell a gun, always buy one when given the chance.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 9:26:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Never sell.

Keep adding new ones.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 10:19:02 PM EDT
[#21]
I am, I've sold two guns in my life, the first 228sig I bought, and a browning 280, regretted the hell out of selling both. I bought another 228, but no 280. I buy guns, parts, and accessories, I sell parts and accessories, somtimes. I can always come up with a reason why I may need to keep somthing, even if has sat on a shelf, for years. I have a few ARs, and if I finished building all the AR parts I have, I would have a bunch of them, same for pistols, I love them, and want one or two of each, and practicality has nothing to do with it. I always think if I get pulled over  on the way to the range, I will be held for awhile, because they will think I just robbed a gun store. Luckily the owner of the range, is a SGT for the town its in, and that is the only  town I have to go through to get there, and we are friends. Ammo also, if   I go to Acadamy, I by more, if I need it or not.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 10:21:09 PM EDT
[#22]
My family dosen't sell guns.  We just trade them back and forth.  It is kinda like getting a new gun every once in a while.  
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 10:43:56 PM EDT
[#23]
I have a hard time even thinking about selling a gun. Well at least one that works.
James
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 1:19:22 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
I've bought and sold plenty of guns. I've purchased many simply because the deal was too good to pass up. Most of the time, I sell those, turn a tidy profit and buy something I want.

I have no problem selling a firearm other than an heirloom or keepsake. I own my guns, they don't own me.

+ 11111!111one
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 1:44:11 AM EDT
[#25]
I've sold some guns. I've regretted selling half of them.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 1:50:43 AM EDT
[#26]
I'm too poor to hoard
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 6:50:52 AM EDT
[#27]
Yep, I must admit I do hoard ammo. I collect guns but I hoard ammo.

Link Posted: 3/5/2006 6:57:42 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

I hoard enough guns to fight off a zombie horde.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 6:59:40 AM EDT
[#29]
I've been known to.

Danny
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 7:01:41 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Nope.

That's not true!  He's like a Man Posessed!  Every time I talk to him, he's changed out his entire set!  Case in point:  He has thousands of rounds he just found for calibres he doesn't own anymore!

Now if I can just get him to let me "hold" some of that ammo.... :)
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 7:11:50 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I hoard enough guns to fight off a zombie horde. hr

I figure the more I have the more that I can arm.  One man against a mass of zombies doesn't stand as good a chance!

I'm a hoarder with most of those weapons Safe Queens.  I've got at least a case of ammo for each though.  Just think, you could be the lucky guy that gets the K-98 if you're in Mi when the Zeds attack.  I even have the bayonet and we all know that nothing puts fear into the hearts of Zeds like the "flash of Cold Steel"!
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 7:59:27 AM EDT
[#32]
Yes, and to make matters worse, there is a Bushy A2, with  3 mags and case, in the paper for $595 today, but I talked a buddy into calling about it, if it happens to be any of you bama guys gun, I know a guy who wants it, sight unseen.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 8:03:28 AM EDT
[#33]
Yes.

I hoard AKs and AK mags as well as Glocks and Glock mags.

I would hoard ARs and AR mags as well...but, my hoarding is a function of the availibity of my discretionary income and I don't consider 4 ARs to be a "hoard" per se.

BC
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top