Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/4/2006 6:33:01 PM EDT
Was talking with a guy who had a '92 and mentioned that they stopped building them in '97 (I think), and he said "They're making them again."  The Ford site had nothing about that, so has anyone heard of plans for it?
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:33:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Ain't heard about it, and if they were, it wouldn't be the Bronco. It would be something else with the Bronco name.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:34:18 PM EDT
[#2]
There was a concept Bronco three years ago at the Detroit Auto show but nothing ever came of it.

Editted to add:

http://vtoe.org/pics/bronco.jpg
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:35:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:36:11 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
There was a concept Bronco three years ago at the Detroit Auto show but nothing ever came of it.

Yep. concept for the 2004 Auto show, info here
Good lookin' truck, too bad they didn't build it.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:36:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:39:39 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep. concept for the 2004 Auto show, info here
Good lookin' truck, too bad they didn't build it. hr

I wasn't crazy about the engine choice of the 2.0L turbo diesel but it looked nice.

I'd rather have the Jeep Rescue with the Cummins.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:50:30 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Editted to add:

vtoe.org/pics/bronco.jpg

I think it looks gay as hell.  BOX toy
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:52:21 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Dammit!  I thought you were talking about a new version of the OV-10!

Sorry.  I'd like one of those, too.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 7:01:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Like the previous posters said it was a concept.  Didn't come to fruition.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 7:47:50 PM EDT
[#10]
bottom line is American Manf. better start making veicles people want.

Ford's F150 has a lot of competition. Something like this Bronco might be the next Explorer of the early 90's.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 8:05:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Toyota Beat them to the punch.

Link Posted: 3/4/2006 8:20:08 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Editted to add:

vtoe.org/pics/bronco.jpg

It was very striking in person. I didn't care for the IFS but I doubt straight axles will ever be put in anything other than 1-tons due to the soccer mom factor.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 8:21:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Still love the Old Bronco.

Mine is a 1970 v8 302. It's a screamer...

Link Posted: 3/4/2006 8:22:36 PM EDT
[#14]
I like it. Reminds me of my old International Scout I used to have, but a little more modern.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 8:27:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Whats up with the Tonka truck look these days...
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 8:30:27 PM EDT
[#17]
I think it looks pretty sweet.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 8:36:24 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Editted to add:

that thing is awesome
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 11:21:34 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Editted to add:

vtoe.org/pics/bronco.jpg

that thing is awesome

Ford,sadly to say,just doesn't have the $$$ right now.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 11:34:22 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I'd really like to see them take this concept to market:
z.about.com/d/trucks/1/0/u/U/FordSuperChief_Det08.jpg
z.about.com/d/trucks/1/0/x/U/superchief_det_fullside.jpg
z.about.com/d/trucks/1/0/v/U/superchief_det_front.jpg

To me that thing seems way too big and pointless.  It's not a truck- just a tall car with a long trunk.  From just pictures I'd take the updated Bronco, at least it's realistically sized and appears functional.

Cheers
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 12:01:21 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Nice vehicle, unless you want to be able to see out of it.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 2:30:25 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Editted to add:

vtoe.org/pics/bronco.jpg

It was very striking in person. I didn't care for the IFS but I doubt straight axles will ever be put in anything other than 1-tons due to the soccer mom factor.

Link Posted: 3/5/2006 2:41:02 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Damn soccer Moms, damn them to Hades.  IFS would not be bad if they engineered it to take the abuse one could dish out on a straight axle, but nooooooooooooooooooooo.....it has to me made cheap and cheesy to boot.......
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 3:26:05 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Damn soccer Moms, damn them to Hades.  IFS would not be bad if they engineered it to take the abuse one could dish out on a straight axle, but nooooooooooooooooooooo.....it has to me made cheap and cheesy to boot.......

IFS simply cannot be engineered to the strength of straight axles without being half the size of the vehicle.

Of course, I'm biased, I think all fullsized trucks should ave Dana 60s, minimum.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 3:57:35 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Editted to add:

vtoe.org/pics/bronco.jpg

Bad attempt at copying the Hummer..
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 5:03:26 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Still love the Old Bronco.

Mine is a 1970 v8 302. It's a screamer...

img365.imageshack.us/img365/4448/bronc6xf.th.jpg

Nice Bronco!

That concept car made me think of this and the IH Scout. My uncle had one of the original Broncos when they first came out, I think it was '66. He had the straight six with a three-speed manual, and the manual choke. That truck was a real puller. I almost bought one once with the 289 and an automatic. Maybe someday.

I'm not so sure about that concept Bronco, though. Is it something for the H2/3 crowd to road-rage their way to the supermarket, or is it a TRUE 4x4 for off-road use? There was a time when 4x4s had a serious purpose aside from "Bling bling, lookit my spinners."
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 5:13:03 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

To me that thing seems way too big and pointless.  It's not a truck- just a tall car with a long trunk.  From just pictures I'd take the updated Bronco, at least it's realistically sized and appears functional.

Cheers

yeah, but a Brutha can Roll in that muthafucka!
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 5:28:27 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Dammit!  I thought you were talking about a new version of the OV-10!

The FAC plane...hmm
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 5:33:12 AM EDT
[#29]
I'd love to buy '78 or '79 Bronc, throw in a big block and 1 ton running gear, some lift and tires.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 5:42:46 AM EDT
[#30]
I love the original Broncos, but mine rocks! 6" Lift and 35's are in its future.

Sean
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 8:57:21 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Nice Bronco!

That concept car made me think of this and the IH Scout. My uncle had one of the original Broncos when they first came out, I think it was '66. He had the straight six with a three-speed manual, and the manual choke. That truck was a real puller. I almost bought one once with the 289 and an automatic. Maybe someday.

I'm not so sure about that concept Bronco, though. Is it something for the H2/3 crowd to road-rage their way to the supermarket, or is it a TRUE 4x4 for off-road use? There was a time when 4x4s had a serious purpose aside from "Bling bling, lookit my spinners."

Hey thanks.

I'm not sure about the concept Bronco either. I read somewhere that it does NOT have a two-speed xfer case, which means NO LOW GEAR!

To that I ask, "What's the point then?"
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 8:47:57 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Cheers

Yeah, tring too much to look like a Hummer.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top