Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/4/2006 5:45:43 PM EDT
In the drama category for me- "Lost"

Action- "24"

Informational/educational- "Mythbusters"

Reality- Swaying between "The First 48" and "COPS"

Those would be mine. I watch more than that but those would be my favorite.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:15:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Dr. Phil and Oprah........

Honestly, I watch Discovery, History, A&E, Military,TCM, AMC and ESPN more than anything else. I also like Biography and Animal Planet. Plus alot of the music channels.
Not one "network" channel is my fav.  If I have to pick a favorite... It would be "Tales of the Gun".
The History channel's documentary of how the gun has shaped history, wars and the West.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:15:53 PM EDT
[#2]
"Scrubs" - best show on TV.

Family Guy, Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Robot Chicken.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:18:01 PM EDT
[#3]
My favorite shows are 24, The Shield and Lost.  I also enjoy Stargate: SG1 and Stargate: Atlantis.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:18:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Don't watch the thing.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:19:03 PM EDT
[#5]
the Sheild and Nip tuck
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:19:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Family Guy and SVU.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:20:13 PM EDT
[#7]
I only watch one show-

Battlestar Galactica..

Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:20:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Shield, 24, Scrubs, Rescue Me, SouthPark, The Office
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:21:37 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Don't watch the thing.

Well, then, it doesn't make much sense to reply to this thread, does it?
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:23:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Don't watch much, but every time I watch "House" it's pretty darn good.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:25:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Nip/Tuck
Family Guy
Mythbusters
Dirty Jobs
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:25:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Family Guy, South Park, American Dad, ATHF, PHF, Harvey Birdman, Sealab 2021, Venture Brothers, Reno 911, Drawn Together. Think thats it...
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:25:56 PM EDT
[#13]
South Park

then Smallville
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:26:30 PM EDT
[#14]
The Shield
How I met your mother
The Amazing Race
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:26:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Stargate SG1/Atlantis.

BSG would be on the list, but I am guessing it won't be around for more than another year or two.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:27:55 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Don't watch the thing.

You're missing a bunch of good stuff!
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:28:20 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Stargate SG1/Atlantis.

BSG would be on the list, but I am guessing it won't be around for more than another year or two.

Dunno about that.  It's getting better ratings than Stargate and that show's been around 9 years...
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:28:21 PM EDT
[#18]
The only show I make it a point to watch is 24.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:32:15 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Stargate SG1/Atlantis.

Look for SG1 and Atlantis to be gone in a 2 years...Thier storylines are getting bad..
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:32:21 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
the Sheild and Nip tuck

WTF I forgot that 70's show
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:33:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Family Guy, but usually catch them on DVD as I miss most of the TV airings.
I watched an entire season in one setting.  I'd jump at the opportunity to hang with the crew for a day or two.

SG1 is cool
Science stuff on PBS like NOVA & Red Green show (speaking of I wish Red Dwarf was still on TV, that show was awesome).
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:35:05 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Nip/Tuck
Family Guy
Mythbusters
Dirty Jobs

Forgot about that one. great show.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:37:25 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Stargate SG1/Atlantis.

Dunno about that.  It's getting better ratings than Stargate and that show's been around 9 years...

Don't get me wrong, I think its a fantastic show, but it'll be more like a super-long miniseries than a new 'regular'. The Amazing Tomislav predicts: 2 more seasons, at the most. Probably one more season and another 'miniseries' of 2 2-hour episodes, and gone.

There is nothing wrong with ending a show at the right time, and both the writers and several of the actors have stated that they aren't sticking around for any 'jumping of the shark'.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:37:44 PM EDT
[#24]
ATHF
Billy&Mandy
Johnny Bravo
The Simpsons
SouthPark
Drawn Together
Ed, Edd & Eddy
Sealab
American Dad
Family Guy
There's something I'm missing damn it...
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:38:38 PM EDT
[#25]
The Shield & Rescue Me

Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:43:50 PM EDT
[#26]
Top Gear is the best show on TV, of any kind. Top Gear
You don't need to be a "car guy" to have fun.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:44:48 PM EDT
[#27]
Just got a new  52" HDTV two weeks ago. Right now its MTV's new HD concert channel and whatever's worth renting from the video store.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:48:28 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Stargate SG1/Atlantis.

Look for SG1 and Atlantis to be gone in a 2 years...Thier storylines are getting bad..

I doubt it.  SG1 perhaps...I know that Amanda Tapping wants out and I don't know if it can survive with her gone as well.  But the shows are still ratings-getters for Sci-Fi and do quite well in the DVD market as well.  I wouldn't be surprised if they were around quite a while.
I certainly hope they are---I like the whole mixture of alien high-tech with modern stuff.  It's a cool effect.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:49:43 PM EDT
[#29]
Although I've never actually watched it on TV (only on DVD), my favorite show is 24. Second is The Shield.

For comedy, I like King of Queens.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 7:23:25 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Stargate SG1/Atlantis.

I doubt it.  SG1 perhaps...I know that Amanda Tapping wants out and I don't know if it can survive with her gone as well.  But the shows are still ratings-getters for Sci-Fi and do quite well in the DVD market as well.  I wouldn't be surprised if they were around quite a while.
I certainly hope they are---I like the whole mixture of alien high-tech with modern stuff.  It's a cool effect.

I still think they will gone in 2...I used to watch SG1 and only Atlantis if there is nothing on the History Channel before BSG...

Now..tired storylines and the same old plots everyweek...I only watch on show on any network and thats BSG..
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 7:30:46 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

For comedy, I like King of Queens.

Can you watch that show without wanting to ill that bitchy woman?
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 7:31:47 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 7:31:51 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
I only watch one show-

Battlestar Galactica..

+100

season one, and two over and over again.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 7:35:43 PM EDT
[#34]
That 70s Show
Family Guy
Trick my Truck  (we need a reneck/hillbilly/counrty boy smilely thats better than )
History Channel
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 7:42:35 PM EDT
[#35]
By the way, South Park season 10 starts on the 22nd.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 7:42:47 PM EDT
[#36]

Of course, that's if your referring to TV shows that are in production.

If you mean any TV series ever, I'd say it's a combination of:

Star Trek: TNG
I Love Lucy
Tales of the Gun
The Andy Griffith Show
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 4:11:51 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Stargate SG1/Atlantis.

I still think they will gone in 2...I used to watch SG1 and only Atlantis if there is nothing on the History Channel before BSG...

Now..tired storylines and the same old plots everyweek...I only watch on show on any network and thats BSG..

That's a logical fallacy: you think the shows' quality and ratings are down because you don't watch them as much anymore.  The one doesn't follow from the other.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 4:15:18 AM EDT
[#38]
All in the Family
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 4:16:20 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Stargate SG1/Atlantis.

That's a logical fallacy: you think the shows' quality and ratings are down because you don't watch them as much anymore.  The one doesn't follow from the other.

No it's not..I stopped watching both of them about 3 months ago...I gave the new season a chance and they failed.

I like Ben Browder, I watched Farscape, and I gave it a chance. They still might be able to turn it around, but to me, it's on it's death bed.

Atlantis started out ok, but does not have the strong storylines and characters that SG1 had. That dope with the dreadlocs has the acting ability of a fence post and does nothing to make me want to watch it.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 4:28:56 AM EDT
[#40]
The Shield and South Park
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 4:34:31 AM EDT
[#41]
Battlestar Galactica
The History Channel

That's about it.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 4:40:52 AM EDT
[#42]
Network TV: Family Guy, The Simpsons.  Nothing else on the networks interests me at all.

Cable: History/Discovery/Science type channels (95% of my viewing time), Deadwood, Rome, The Sopranos.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 4:41:39 AM EDT
[#43]
ER

I'm quite fond of Mythbusters and Family Guy, but rarely do I get to sit down and watch them.  ER is the only one I'll set my alarm clock for.  If anything, I get to gawk at Nurse Abby.  

- BG
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 4:47:07 AM EDT
[#44]
Lost
BSG
Southpark
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 4:50:48 AM EDT
[#45]
Shooting USA
Antiques Roadshow
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 4:59:11 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Stargate SG1/Atlantis.

No it's not..I stopped watching both of them about 3 months ago...I gave the new season a chance and they failed.

I like Ben Browder, I watched Farscape, and I gave it a chance. They still might be able to turn it around, but to me, it's on it's death bed.

Atlantis started out ok, but does not have the strong storylines and characters that SG1 had. That dope with the dreadlocs has the acting ability of a fence post and does nothing to make me want to watch it.

You didn't address my point.  I wouldn't dispute that YOU don't care for the shows anymore.  But that fact does not lead to the conclusion that most viewers agree with you and the shows are headed for cancellation.  
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 5:03:36 AM EDT
[#47]
NFL and NASCAR
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 5:55:34 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Stargate SG1/Atlantis.

You didn't address my point.  I wouldn't dispute that YOU don't care for the shows anymore.  But that fact does not lead to the conclusion that most viewers agree with you and the shows are headed for cancellation.  

Well I would have addressed your point, but I didn't find one.

We can disagree all we wnat. Die-hard, blinder wearing SG1/Atlantis fans will never admit when the show is failing.

I'm a fan of SG1, but I can see when the writing is waning and the plot/storyline starts failing. And they have.

Same with The Sorpranos, Deadwood, you name it.  Even BSG will start to slip. All shows do.

The only thing with SG1, is that they had a better run and for at least 7-8 years had a show that I enjoyed and watched.

I'm sad to see it start to slip, but it had a good run and will live on in DVD's and syndication.

Which is good..cause I still watch the old ones.

Link Posted: 3/5/2006 5:57:16 AM EDT
[#49]
All in the Family.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 6:24:23 AM EDT
[#50]
Current shows, in a halfassed preference order:

Battlestar Galactica
The Shield
Lost
My Name is Earl

All time favorites:

Firefly
Arrested Development
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top