Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/4/2006 5:37:12 PM EDT
Just had one with a nice roast beef sangwich. Not bad. It was the spicy pickled ones.

The guy at the store said the pickling cuts out the flatulance.

Is it true?
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 5:38:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Are those the nasty looking things in a clear jar, kinda red?
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 5:41:22 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Are those the nasty looking things in a clear jar, kinda red?

yeah. they're pretty good.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:02:35 PM EDT
[#3]
I am not eating that crap...
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:07:57 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

+1 and I eat some weird shit
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:13:32 PM EDT
[#5]
I enjoy pickled eggs along with a beer.  Add a little S&P and occasionally some tobasco.  I could probably eat the whole damn jar.  
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:13:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Love 'em.  Pickled eggs and beer, don't get any better
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:14:57 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Imagine eating one after Bubba went down to his elbow fishing one out from the bottom, yuck...
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:18:11 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Imagine eating one after Bubba went down to his elbow fishing one out from the bottom, yuck...

no
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:19:44 PM EDT
[#9]
They're actually pretty easy to make, but the smell of boiling vinegar will linger for a while...
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:21:34 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Is it true?

Not in my experience.  I've had the exact opposite effect.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:22:09 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Is it true?

NO!!! Pickled egg farts are among the worst smelling farts in existence.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:23:11 PM EDT
[#12]
So how do you make them?  Haven't had any since Grandma died decades ago..,..
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:25:25 PM EDT
[#13]
You guys really are disgusting!!!
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:26:12 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Is it true?hr

+1

Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:32:30 PM EDT
[#15]
I think there are different types of pickled eggs.  The only type I've had are the ones common to the Pennsylvania Dutch (German) of Southeastern PA.  The original recipe varies somewhat but it's basically peeled hard-boiled eggs refrigerated in a large jar with cooked red beets, vinegar and sugar for about a week before eating.  By then, the beet juice mixture has penetrated all the way to the egg yoke.  Great sweet & sour taste even though I've never eaten beets of any kind.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:34:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:35:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:40:44 PM EDT
[#18]
"Give me a beer and a 25c chicken Bud."

As heard in bars the West and Midwest over.

Me, I love the 25c chicken.  The spicier the better.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:43:59 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I think I just threw up a little in my mouth.

Sick, man, SICK!

I'm not feeling that great after reading all this now...
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:50:20 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Sick, man, SICK!

How about pickles and stuffed olives?  I know folks that are grossed out by those too.  Same principle.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:54:52 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Love 'em.  Pickled eggs and beer, don't get any better

Amen brother. Speak the truth!
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 7:24:56 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Is it true?

Holy Fucking Shit, Batman - the WORST farts me and the wife EVER had were after eating pickled eggs (alcohol was involved too, I might add) - I think we burned the fabric on our couch - they were THAT bad!
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 7:26:08 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Sick, man, SICK!

"You know, in some cultures, that's all they eat is their own vomit.  I read that in a book once.  Not really, but . . . . . really."
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 7:27:24 PM EDT
[#24]
I love pickled eggs!  I tried one off the grocery store salad bar one time and I loved it.  I get a couple whenever I get a salad.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 7:31:35 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
" all they eat is their own vomit.  

What do they start with, and how does it get in their stomach?

Link Posted: 3/4/2006 7:36:39 PM EDT
[#26]
I haven't had any in a while I need some
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 7:36:58 PM EDT
[#27]
South, south, south, south, south, south, south, south, south, south, south, south, south and one weirdo from Colorado.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 7:38:55 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 8:11:26 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
South, south, south, south, south, south, south, south, south, south, south, south, south and one weirdo from Colorado.

Link Posted: 3/4/2006 8:19:48 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 8:45:00 PM EDT
[#31]
I love em

pickled turkey gizzards too

Link Posted: 3/4/2006 8:51:12 PM EDT
[#32]
Tried 'em, couldn't stand 'em, you can keep 'em.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 8:53:10 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Easy. After you finish a jar of pickles, boil a few eggs, peel them and drop them in. I like to add some tobbasco . Stick them in the fridge and in about a week they are good to go.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 8:57:37 PM EDT
[#34]
Do they taste anything like plain hard boiled eggs?  
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 8:59:49 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Easy. After you finish a jar of pickles, boil a few eggs, peel them and drop them in. I like to add some tobbasco . Stick them in the fridge and in about a week they are good to go.

No other prep? Just the used pickle juice?  I'll try that next time.  On a realated note, I can beat pickled eggs.  Anyone here ever had the Filipino delicasy called "balut"
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 9:01:07 PM EDT
[#36]
You guys are seriously trying to make me hurl...
It just keeps getting worse!!!
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 9:02:50 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Colorado.... Rocky Mountain Oysters...

whatscookingamerica.net/History/RockyMtnOyster.htm
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 9:05:52 PM EDT
[#38]
Ya balut is that cooked almost ready to hatch duck egg dish.  Guess its enjoyed for the texture.  MMMM, beak.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 9:11:17 PM EDT
[#39]
Back bottom gristle lumps anyone?
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 9:18:09 PM EDT
[#40]
I tried them before, they taste pretty good, tastes like something they would have eaten back in the old days , old fashioned style foods.

pickled pig's feet are good too
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 9:19:50 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
I tried them before, they taste pretty good, tastes like something they would have eaten back in the old days before refridgeration

pickled pig's feet are good too

You've eaten back bottom gristle lumps?

Link Posted: 3/4/2006 9:34:44 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
I think there are different types of pickled eggs.  The only type I've had are the ones common to the Pennsylvania Dutch (German) of Southeastern PA.  The original recipe varies somewhat but it's basically peeled hard-boiled eggs refrigerated in a large jar with cooked red beets, vinegar and sugar for about a week before eating.  By then, the beet juice mixture has penetrated all the way to the egg yoke.  Great sweet & sour taste even though I've never eaten beets of any kind.

Thats how its done in these parts. If they sit too long, the egg "white" gets firm and rubbery.
After a few days, the outside is a medium pnk/purple, the extreme inside (near the yolk) is pink, and the yolk is untouched.
A bowl of Pickled Eggs and red beets, salted and peppered, and a can of Coke is one of my favorite snacks.

PS- Pickled Egg farts- far worse than normal. The only thing worse is Pickled Egg, Venison Steak and Salad farts.

ETA- Ever have Mustard Pickled Eggs?
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 9:43:15 PM EDT
[#43]
I saw some people from CA. Joe Jost's bar in Long Beach has been serving pickled eggs for 70+ years.  They claim they've served over 6 million.  A must see for residents and tourists alike.  PBR on tap, sausage sandwiches (the special), and a very famous t-shirt

www.joejosts.com/index.php
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 10:53:16 PM EDT
[#44]
Pickled eggs and beer that makes and explovsive combination!
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 10:56:20 PM EDT
[#45]
We don't each such things where I'm from
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 4:19:57 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thats how its done in these parts. If they sit too long, the egg "white" gets firm and rubbery.
After a few days, the outside is a medium pnk/purple, the extreme inside (near the yolk) is pink, and the yolk is untouched.
A bowl of Pickled Eggs and red beets, salted and peppered, and a can of Coke is one of my favorite snacks.

That is the kind I have tried/liked. The red ones.

I have never had picked eggs pickeled in regular cucumber pickle juice before.  I might have to try it.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 4:31:11 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That is the kind I have tried/liked. The red ones.

I have never had picked eggs pickeled in regular cucumber pickle juice before.  I might have to try it.

My wife loves them. I reach around them in the fridge 'cuz I sure as hell ain't eating them. Eaggs should be scrambled and nothing else.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top