Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/4/2006 3:18:29 PM EDT
Who's gonna watch?

We're gonna be sending those crazy Canadians home with our greatest export, PAIN.

This sport is taking off like wildfire
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 3:21:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Wife and I are buying the PPV...
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 3:22:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Woah....who is fighting?

I need to talk to someone and find out why I was not informed that there was a fight tonight.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 3:22:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Wife and I are buying the PPK.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 3:23:17 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Wife and I are buying the PPK.

heh
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 3:25:19 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Woah....who is fighting?

I need to talk to someone and find out why I was not informed that there was a fight tonight.

GSP vs BJ Penn ( for who fights Franklin after he armbar fucks Grace)

Rich Franklin vs David Lousieu

..main bouts. 8 card fight
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 5:01:03 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm hoping for a Rich Franklin win!
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:39:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Recording on my DVR right now, so I can skip through fighter entrances and stuff.  I'm rooting for Rich Franklin and GSP.  Yeah, I know I should be rooting for BJ Penn, the American, but GSP is just such an exciting fighter with a great attitude, I don't see how you can dislike the guy.

This fight seems to be getting less attention on ARFCOM than previous fights, which sucks because I think this is one of the better cards we've seen in a while.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 2:32:07 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm pretty pissed everyone boo'd GSP after he won.  Fucking stupd Baby J. Penn (yeah, that's what B stands for) wears a belt that doesn't belong to him out to the ring.  Actually, he took it off 50 feet from the ring so Matt Hughes wouldn't see him wearing it.  I'm not sure if Dana saw him or not but they didn't like his bullshit.

Matt said beforehand he wanted to see BJ win.  I think he's glad he didn't.  He acted like GSP was far superior at the end.  He gave his version of the scorecards with GSP as the winner, dominating every round.

Loiseau sure sucked.  I was disappointed.  

Did "In Living Color" pop into anyone's head during the title fight?  It looked like Jim Carrey fighting Damon Wayans!!!!

BJ Penn ought to take his crying sissy ass back to Japan where he belongs.  He left after beating Hughes 2+ years ago and taking the belt.

He gave it up when he left and now acts like it was stolen or stripped for no reason.  It was his choice.

He's now back and thinks it's his even though Hughes has defended it over and over during that time...

I can't wait to see Tito Ortiz fight Forrest Griffon.  I can't wait to see Tito get his ass whipped again.  He said he's fighting Shamrock again this summer and then hopefully (as he said) Chuck again in the fall.  I hope Griffon doesn't beat him so bad he doesn't make it to those BEATINGS!!!   What a bitch.

Link Posted: 3/5/2006 3:58:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Any updates?

Max
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 4:04:13 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I'm pretty pissed everyone boo'd GSP after he won.  Fucking stupd Baby J. Penn

Glad BJ Penn lost.  I really like watching GSP fight and BJP is a one hit wonder who got lucky in his fight with Hughes.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 4:21:11 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'm pretty pissed everyone boo'd GSP after he won.  Fucking stupd Baby J. Penn

Glad BJ Penn lost.  I really like watching GSP fight and BJP is a one hit wonder who got lucky in his fight with Hughes.

as a matt hughes fan... i wasnt impressed with that fight he lost to BJ Penn, i mean... matt gave up his back WAY too easily to Penn ( Penn is te first NON-brazilian to win a Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu tournament in Brazil ) giving Penn the rear-naked choke for the win.

But, i actually wanted to see Penn win against Georges St. Pierre, to see if he could beat Matt Hughes again... although, the GSP and Matt Hughes fight will be quite a hoot!

As for the Rich Franklin fight verses David "The Crow" Louisou <--sp?   i thought that was a great fight even though David kept running away from Rich... and when hed explode he'd actually give Rich a pretty tough bout for a short time but...

I HAVE *NEVER* SEEN ANYONES EYELID SO SWELLED UP!!!!  from the Franklin and Louisou fight. holy crap, that eye looked like a sun visor afterwards.  And even though Rich broke his hand in the second round, he still went all 5 rounds... thats one highschool teacher not to fuck with!

Im looking forward to all the upcoming UFC shows.  and in April Spike TV's "Ultimate Fighter season 3" starts again. Can't wait for that.  It was cool watching season two, because I use to train with Sam Morgan from Bloomington MN. He's the welterweight who got pretty much all the way to the end but he lost to that fucking weirdo Luke Kummo due to a knee to the jaw. It was very tough to watch him lose, I had high hopes of seeing him make it all the way. And if anyone wondering... Sam hits pretty fucking hard
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 5:34:04 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
...use to train with Sam Morgan from Bloomington MN. He's the welterweight who got pretty much all the way to the end but he lost to that fucking weirdo Luke Kummo due to a knee to the jaw. It was very tough to watch him lose, I had high hopes of seeing him make it all the way. And if anyone wondering... Sam hits pretty fucking hard

Like alot of people, i liked Luke because he was the underdog.  Skrawney dork was fun to watch when he would start throwing those standing knees.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 5:48:51 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
...use to train with Sam Morgan from Bloomington MN. He's the welterweight who got pretty much all the way to the end but he lost to that fucking weirdo Luke Kummo due to a knee to the jaw. It was very tough to watch him lose, I had high hopes of seeing him make it all the way. And if anyone wondering... Sam hits pretty fucking hard

Like alot of people, i liked Luke because he was the underdog.  Skrawney dork was fun to watch when he would start throwing those standing knees.

Lukes Muay Thai kickboxing was impressive, ill give him that. I think the only reaosn he was so tough im sure... is that hes spent his whole life getting his ass kicked for being a goofy bastard and now its his chance to return the asswhoopings. I feel that Sam underestimated Lukes standup game or just wanted to beat Luke in his favored enviroment. You could tell everytime Sam and Luke hit the mat, Sam always got out of whatever Luke had him in and stood back up to box. IMO Sam should have kept him on the ground and tapped him out with an arm-bar or a choke out.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 5:51:44 PM EDT
[#14]
There were some good fights on this one.  

Link Posted: 3/5/2006 6:15:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Great job done by Rich, it's too bad "The Crow" kept running away.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top